Power in numbers

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by elizabeth1, Aug 15, 2004.

1. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

So, not only is our beloved show in jeopardy but the new one too. This is ridiculous, unacceptable and unethical. Pre-schoolers have more than enough tv on the air, there is only one channel that airs classic cartoons. More importantly, there is only one channel that airs Battle of The Planets. There is power in numbers my fellow battle of the planetaniacs, we cannot let this heartless corporate conglomerate take away our beloved cartoon. We waited over 20 years to see it and I intend to see it in its entirety, lets start the letter writing and the daily phone calls to Cartoon Network and show them they can't play around with our show!

2. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

I'm still bugging Teletoon here in Canada, trying to get them to show SOMETHING!!!

All I can say is thankfully they've stopped showing Spider-man, the Hulk and Rocet Robin Hood! At least they're getting closer in time, they've picked up the Flintstones and the Jestsons for this year. OK, how many years were those shows in re-runs and we can't get them to show Battle?????? Can you declare war on a tv station??

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

"Battle of the Planets" will stop airing on Boomerang at the end of this month, and start airing on The Anime Network next month. "G-Force" is already airing on The Anime Network. No word on the English-dubbed "Gatchaman" yet.

Man, airing these three series together is really going to confuse viewers. Why not throw in "Eagle Riders" to send people over the edge? The only cool thing about that show I remember is Nambu/Anderson/Brighthead's name...Dr. Thadius Khane. That's a cool-sounding name.

At least Boomerang is going to continue showing "Superfriends." :)

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Yeah i noticed G-Force is already airing on The Anime Network,which i dont have :( I will be extremely pissed if when and if i do get it they have stopped airing G-Force :anger2: So much that i will tie up the execs and make them listen to an infinite loop of the reknowed "backbeat". That'll make sure they keep it on the air :rolleyes:

5. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Atta boy, Dirk!

That's it, Dirk!!!!!! You throw 'em in the closet and have a little "chat" with 'em!!!! When they come out looking shaken and pale (shaken and stirred? Never mind) then you'll be sure to get your way!!!!

Shall I provide the getaway car??

Hahahaha!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D ;) ;)

6. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

I still fail to see why its so vital we get this stuff on telly...

Are we really that desparate to go mainstream??

7. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

I think Gatchaman is too old or past its prime to go mainstream. All of the requests for it to air on TV are fueled by nostalgia. But G-Force is the one that really needs to be on the air, as BOTP and Gatchaman I are already completely released on DVD,while G-Force will sure as hell not be completely released on DVD. G-Force fans must seriously take a stand!......................
    *tumbleweed rolls by*

No use :(