Problems with new forums

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Sen, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

hi there, just reporting some issues with the new forums :sweat:
    I dont know if this happens to everyone or just me :sweat2: :

using opera: takes forever to post a a reply....

using IE: when hitting the "back" button of the navigator(check attachment)

thats all, see ya! :)

Attached Files:

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

If you're experiencing issues like Chejo, or even different ones, please provide as much detailed information as you can in this thread.

I'm getting a strange page stretch when I scroll before a page completely loads. Since some can take a long while to parse, that is a bit vexing, but not a showstopper.

Keep in mind this is a Gamma version, as in past Beta, but still not quite release. Hopefully such bugs will get ironed out.

1 person likes this.
  3. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

4. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

yeah i think everyone's getting that page stretch thing. the forums seem to take a bit longer to load but i don't mind. it's a bit annoying that the quick links between forums aren't about anymore.
    maybe this belongs in the newbie forum, but i noticed a small box next to the post counts that says something like "(username)is an unknown quantity at this point" or something different. i didn't notice them in the old version, but what is it?. and could someone explain what the "reputations" are?

5. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I'm not getting it anymore. As I said to Zanza, vBulletin 3 seems to lead you to the first unread post in a thread. If you scroll down while it's loading, it'll interrupt the process, which results in your screen freezing momentarily. That's why you have to let it do the work. If you do so it should be fine :)

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It's a karma system. That dot will be colored based on your "reputation" - determined by karma votes on your posts. Posts that are of high caliber will net you positive karma, while poor posting, like spam will net you negative karma.

7. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

Any chance of having the "remember me" logging in option untabbed as a default?