Video Games PS2 vs. GameCube vs. X-Box

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blood_pheonix, Nov 29, 2002.

?

Which is the best?

1. PS2

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. GameCube

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. X-Box

28 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Don't you think it's a bit unfair to judge a console by one game alone?

2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I dunno, people do it all the time with the X-Box, only it's usually a positive judgement based on Halo. :p

EDIT: I know this is an old post, but I had to comment:

And the PS2 is like the N64 with a different controller, better graphics, and more games. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Bah, stories get changed too much over time.

To tell you the truth, I have no favorite of the three. I look at all of the good and bad for each system and they cancel each other out.

4. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

I never said the X-box had ONLY Halo, and i never said the PS2 had better graphics.
    I said that the PS2 can do anything the X-box can and that, pretty much all X-box had to boast about was Halo 1 & 2, which are over-rated as it is.

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Okay, Mr. Contradictionary-Sentences, let's set things straight.
    Yes, it can. Given time. Ever play Halo 2? Okay, then load up a similar map on Killzone. Amen.
    No, that's not all it had. Look at Ninja Gaiden, Project Gotharm Racing, Fable, Jade Empire, etc. Halo isn't the lifeblood of the Xbox. It got it off to a GREAT start, yes. But if you play the Box for JUST Halo, you're missing out on a WORLD of great games.

6. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

yeah, a world of gr8 games that PS2 owns already.
    Most of the X-box games are just copies of PS2 games, just with different names or somethin. Where's prrof?
    I'll shove some on tommorow!
    Ninja Gaiden sucked. Project gotham Racing was repetetively crap, and well, I don't know 'bout that Jade empire thing, but its probably like the others.

7. Orion

Orion Gears

1. Ninja Gaiden so did not suck. That was one of X-BOX's biggest sellers. You can't put that game down in any way unless you've played it and for some reason thought it was an abomination.

2. Jade Empire so did not suck. The game was as beautiful as it was addicting. I know people are kinda getting tired of console RPG's, but this one is a must play for all 'BOX owners.

3. Is HALO copied from PS2? No. Is Jade Empire or Ninja Guiden copied from PS2? No. How about that MechAssault? No. Splinter Cell was not a copied game, PS2 took that game from X-BOX. So myah! I rest my case, because the list goes on and on.

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

It was more that Ubisoft decided that Microsoft was a greedy pig about Splinter Cell and Ubi wanted to go cross-platform anyway.

Whoever says Ninja Gaiden sucks obviously did not play it. Or found the challenge level to be too high.

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Let's mention some other great games only the XBox has...

-Crimson Skies
    -Dead or Alive 3
    -Darkwatch
    -Star Trek Shattered Universe (which while an average game playwise had an awesome story)

If you want to include games that are also on the PC...
    -Star Wars: Republic Commando (probably one of the best games out there)
    -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2

Anyway I'm not going to keep going; this is just from my own personal collection and not the Xbox collection on a whole.

Oh, let's also not forget the unified, moderated online play of Xbox Live.

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Dead or Alive Ultimate also!

11. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I suppose it's my turn, as a Nintendo fanboy, to give my opinion.

I feel each system has it's own good points and flaws. With the PS2, it's the software; the X-Box, the hardware; the GameCube, the marketing / target demographic. The PS2, though it does seem to have the most games that I'd actually enjoy, does seem to have problems with crashing; it also tends to deal with abuse very poorly (unfortunately, this is actually a problem I have to deal with and account for). With the X-Box, my biggest problem is just that - its size; it's just too cumbersome a system. Also, the game selection, though extensive, just doesn't reach into the realm of gaming I prefer. The GameCube is reaching for the right group if they're trying to keep afloat - the next generation of gamers - but they're doing it incorrectly.

For me, the most perfect system of the three is the GameCube - it's compact, durable, and has the games I enjoy playing on it; obviously, the marketing means little to nothing to me. PS2 does come in at a close second, as the selection of games is, again, along the lines that I enjoy playing; I'm just not very accustomed to the controller having grown up on the (cheaper) Nintendo systems. The X-Box comes in third for me because, again, it's just not what I'm looking for in a system - too big, too expensive, and not enough games that I'd really take the time out of my day to play.

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

True, but as Dead or Alive 1 and 2 had originally been on Dreamcast, it technically hit the cross-platform classification and I wanted to stick only with 100% X-Box exclusive games.

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Hmm...I thought DoA 2 Ultimate Edition was completely revamped, therefore I grouped it separately from the Dreamcast version.

My Itakagi-sense is not where it has been before. Not enough Gaiden/DoA/DoAX for me, and far too much FFX. =P

14. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Not one bit considering it was bought for that game. One thing I do like about it that I can play Gameboy games on it with the hook ups.

X-box for me. Faster load times, better graphics, and has a hard drive.

15. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

Mech assault = Armored Core 1-3
    Splinter Cell = Metal Gear Solid 1-3
    I never played Jade Empire, thats why i said i didn't know 'bout that!
    I've played the other 2 and they weren't my style, so they ,for me, were deemed crap!
    Halo, i never said was copied, but it was over-rated to death,both 1 and 2

16. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Watch out guys, there are vague similarities to games on other consoles!

I guarantee that MechAssault style games had already been done long before Armored Core came out, mostly on the computer. And games like Metal Gear Solid have been done before as well, again, on the PC.

And you DID comment on Jade Empire, saying "I know nothing about it, but it's probably like the others".

17. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Also, Metal Gear Solid SPAWNED the immersive hide-and-seek style that Splinter Cell actively seeks. Splinter Cell came after. However, in defense of the 'Box, Splinter Cell's system was radically different...which Metal Gear Solid 3 copied. =]

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Next thing you know this guy will scream at the Xbox for having Ninja Gaiden when the Nintendo had the first Ninja Gaiden.

19. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The ARCADES had the first Ninja Gaiden. It was a Final Fight style game, where Ryu can only seemingly face right. Remember that one?

[​IMG]

That's where his Swallow Leap (flipping wall jump) originated from. =]

PS: NES Ninja Gaiden copied Genesis/Master System Shinobi which copied Genesis/Master System Strider which copied...ad infinitum.

20. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Yah Well Its All A Copy Off Of Pong So There

:)