Video Games PS2 vs. GameCube vs. X-Box

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blood_pheonix, Nov 29, 2002.

?

Which is the best?

1. PS2

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. GameCube

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. X-Box

28 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. Orion

Orion Gears

I used Jade Empire as an example, so STOP YELLING. Oh and the HALO comment, DUH. Who cares? The game kicked butt, hard. Millions of copies were sold, and people still play HALO 2 on X-BOX Live, already 1 year and 7 days after it had been released.

Splinter Cell, not copied at all from MGS in my opinion. The gameplay was nothing like MGS. Snake couldn't crouch-walk, or use gadgets half as cool as Sam did. Plus, Splinter Cell's A.I. wasn't totally braindead like MGS 1's A.I. was.

Hey, not dissing and PS2 or PS1 games, I own PS2 and like a majority of games for it. I just like X-BOX better.

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Don't make fun of MGS. >=|

Anyway, I thought the designers of Splinter Cell were heavily influenced by Kojima.

3. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

So? People still play Phantasy Star Online on Xbox live when it was released in like 2003. People still play StarCraft when it's like half a decade old. People still play the first Diablo for PC when Diablo 2 and expansions have been out for years. Good online games live until the death of the system. Great online games keep going after that.

4. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

Millions of Copies were sold cos' people bought it for hype, cos it was over-rated, like ur doin'. The game did not kick butt hard, it was good but not THAT good. when people bought it after being told it was so amazing, they realized after playing it it wasn't so AMAZING after all.
    I can name a book of games that have sold millions and are still played heavily today. And what do ya know? Most of them are on PS, SNES, NES etc etc.
    So saying millions of copies were sold doesn't prove its a good game at all.

Oh and look at games like Deus Ex, Half Life, how long have they been around?
    They dwarf Halo for popularity and gameplay, and they still sell on a mass scale today!

As for splinter Cell, I've never seen a more Braindead AI. I must've threw like 10 grenades in a room and the guards weren't even bothered after they went off! I think you can only talk BS and if thats the case it's best for you to keep it shut until you have a good case to argue for.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

If the Halo series wasn't that good, people wouldn't still be playing it on X-Box Live. Bad games don't get players. I wouldn't say that Deus Ex dwarfs Halo for popularity either, as DE's community is more of a niche now.one could argue that Half Life is on the same level as Halo in terms of popularity, or damn close.

And Rai, it's not for you to tell others not to post. If anything you're the one who has a poor argument. Notice how you don't have anyone agreeing with you at all, and you keep getting refuted left and right? You even said "I never played Jade Empire but it probably sucks anyway".

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The funny thing is, nobody here is saying that the PS2 sucks. We're just stating that the Xbox is just as good game-wise as the PS2. PS2 has more "hits" because more people have it, and developers make 1000x more games hoping for a hit on the PS2 than they do on the 'Box.

Plus, the PS2 has the major advantage of every major japanese developer behind it. The 'Box's sole studio that does LOTS of work on the 'Box comes out with a game once a year...and we bless Itakagi's dear soul for games like Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden.

And yes, Ninja Gaiden is just that *****ng GOOD.

7. Orion

Orion Gears

I'm not, I'm just saying Sam can do more than old school Snake could. Sure they were influenced, Kojima is the master of the espionage action.

Thank you so much.

No they didn't. Just because you don't think HALO is a good game doesn't mean everyone else think's it's bad. For Christ's sake the game rocked. If you haven't played HALO and you're going on about how much the game sucks and how it's all 'hype', then just leave. And yes, selling millions of copies of a game DOES mean it's good.

Oh I know that, totally. I was just making a point.

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

No, it doesn't. However, continued play and support of the game by an active fanbase does mean it's good, which is what Halo has.

9. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Why in the hell would you throw 10 grenades in a room when you can go and sneak and kill the guards. The game is hugely about Stealth

Also What is with you trying to diss X-Box titles saying they are not really worth a d*mn to play or saying there not worth time.

10. Orion

Orion Gears

Well, yeah. Along with selling millions of copies. I mean, if stores are selling copies of a certain game like crazy, that wouldn't mean it's good? That makes it a great game IMO (along with what you said Neph)

I agree that was the most retarded move ever. If you didn't notice, Splinter Cell isn't like Battlefield 2 or First to Fight, it's a STEALTH game. Jeebus...

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Phantom Menace made a lot of money. Check and mate.

12. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

yeah ..phantom menace wasn't to impressive ...even though it is a bit off subject ...but w/e

13. Senbotsu

Senbotsu New Member

I voted Cube since I have been playing Nintendo consoles since the NES.
    But I like and own all three of them.

Playstation 2 for my RPG's
    Xbox for Online
    GameCube for Nintendo games

14. Orion

Orion Gears

Okay then...

We're talking about video game consoles here, how can talking about a video game be off topic? :rolleyes:

15. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

we're talkin about consoles xD
    Phantom menace was a film , and oh yeah so it was a game aswell xD nvm
    still of topic:D

16. Master Legato

Master Legato New Member

PS2 all the way. Am a SONY fan.

17. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

i know i've gone and just pulled this thread from the grave, but i've changed my opinion. After much thinking, my favorite console is all 3, in a way.

I like PS2 the most, when you think about it, the consoles are split into catergories.
    I'm a mass rpg gamer, so i love Playstation, they are the rpg kings.
    I like my FPS' so x-box comes in a strong second place, since x-box hang around the FPS realm of games.
    Nintendo third(by nintendo here i mean gamecube) because they're more of the arcade style games, after thay had finished with the N64.
    So my theory is:
    PS = rpg's
    X-Box = FPS' (first person shooters for those who did not already know that)
    Nintendo = arcade

and thats that :cool:

18. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

ps2 because the gamecube has some fun games but most of the grafics are really cartoony and there is no on-line play but xbox has great grafics and halo2 :) and is really really fun but ps2 over all

19. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

i suppose that PS will always be better since its been around for a very long time and has seen some great titles.
    but my fav old gen console is snes.
    viva la snes ^.^

20. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I heart my PS2..