Movies Queen of the Damned

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kaori, May 8, 2002.

1. Kaori

Kaori New Member

hm..this might be a bit late since its been out in the States for a long time, but it just came out over here ^_^;;; but was anyone really dissapointed with the movie? Aaliyah was great (may her soul R.I.P), but didnt get much screentime, so was Lestat, but the missed the plot horribly and didnt justify the book. I think..the only thing great about the movie was the music (which was absolutely AWESOME, might i add), but yes...what are your thoughts on that movie?

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I THOUGHT IT WAS THE WORST MOVIE I EVER SAW!!! I knew that they were making artisitic decisions to change things from the book, but poor Aaliyah. Her role sucked. The whole story was pointless. I told this to a friend. poor Aaliyah, her last movie was a bomb. and my friend said, 'Did she look good in it?' I said yah.. 'then there you go' she said.. but still, Marius is my favourite vampire, and they totally trashed him! making him the one who turned Lestat into a vampire, showing him the horrors of feeding and such. Marius wasn't like that. plus the vampires died too quickly off at the end. who were they? you know? there was really no character development, shows you how bad a movie can be when it tries to come up with something else, but still based on a book. I wonder what Anne Rice thought? I mean everyone hated to hear Tom Cruise was going to play Lestat in interview at the beginning, what did they think of this piece of work?

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

So I've now heard a good review of this movie. That makes a total of ... let's see ... one good review, several thousand bad reviews. Sorry, but this one's not going on my "to download" list.