Movies Queen of the Damned

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Lance Leingod, May 31, 2006.

1. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Who's here seen this movie and what do you think of it?

I really like it. Its my favorite movie so far. The blend of music and vampires is really something I like. The movie itself is based on the second and third books of the series its based on (Which I can't remember the name of right now T_T). Some say the movie's better than the book or the book is better than the movie but I want to know what you all think of the movie.

I've not read the series myself but I know somethings from my mom that has read it and she liked it. Has anyone else read the series too?

2. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

i seen the movie which ius good

i think the books were the vampire lestat and the queen of the damn not sure since i only heard a friend talk about it

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Wowzers this is an old movie! :p

Well, not really old, but it's somewhere there.

Not meaning t say that I don't like it though. I loved this movie, and the tunes that what's his face sings (forgot his name XD). Though it's cool that he lives in the end with the girl.

The last part was funny, when they go to the old dude's house.

All in all, I liked the movie, but Interview with the Vampire was somewhat the same, if not better.

-Seishin

4. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Its a good movie. It one of those movies that whenever I see it playing on TV I tend to watch it.
    Sad that the woman who played Akasha (Aaliyah) died.

5. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I though the way Stewart Townsend portrayed Lestat was pathetic. The arrogance just wasn't what it could have been, the lust all but passionate. And Aaliyah was pathetic. I'm sorry she died in that plane crash but c'mon! The woman held no acting skills at all. Read the book and see for yourself just how far off the movie was. I mean, as far as B-rated vampire films go, this one takes the cake. I think that 80's movie Lost Boys was better then this even. [which is sad..Oh so sad]

6. Lance Leingod

Aaliyah was better than you think, lucky. She was a very young person to be one of the main characters in this movie. I don't know if she was the youngest to get a position like that but if she didn't die, she would have been asked by more than one person to get into a movie. You just don't get people like that every day that can be one of the main people in a movie and still be very young.

7. Chance

Correction: She was not actually very young by today's standards with all the Lindsay Lohans, Hilary Duffs and Dakota Fannings out there. Infact, she was far older then the main female actress in the first movie [Kirsten Dunst who was like 10-12 or so.] So, you do infact get people like that all the time. Everyday even as you put it.

And..She wasn't very good in the movie. That was mostly what I was getting at, age not being the factor but lack of natural talent in my opinion. She was bland, and didn't stand out all that well.

8. Lance Leingod

You said by Today's standards. When the movie was made, she was younger than most. And when I meant "main", I meant that the most of the movie was around her when she was Akasha.

And even though it went around Akasha, she didn't show up much in the movie but I think she did good compared to most that had as much time in a movie.

9. Chance

Lol, that's because the rest of the people in the movie were also B-list actors. None of them have done anything outstanding before or since. And the movie isn't THAT old. What was it, 2001? Even then, there were young actors and actresses. I mean, you sound like it's unheard of.

10. Lance Leingod

The movie was on two books in the series, the second one and the third one. Many may think that in order to play Akasha in a movie like this, you have to be good. Yet they choose Aaliyah, who didn't do many movies at the time (Or none at all from what I can remember). She was just a singer at the time. She had never been in a movie and she was only 19. In other words, she didn't have an exprensene in movies what so ever other than she was videos some times when she was singing. Then after the movie was made, she went off to some place to video tape something for singing, then she got in a plane crash on the way back.

11. Chance

I know what happened kiddo, remember how obsessed I am with Anne Rice? Hell, I created the Unhealthy Obsession For the Undead club. Pm to join. xD

12. Lance Leingod

Unhealthy Obsession For the Undead club...when you'd make that? Does it have vampires in it? Yes, I like vampires :p

13. Chance

I guess in early '05.. Yeah, I'm the matron Vampire fan here. It's my obsession..[I LARP Vampire: The Masquerade, and rp Vampires.] Lol, I think it's time to put that back in my sig. >.> Peachy was one of my first Members. Nightmare too. ^^ I love those kids.

14. Seishin

Seishin Guest

That happens when you try to be supreme overlord :p

She was ood lookin' though, but something killed it..what was it? Was it the sharp teeth or crappy attitude? :)

-Seishin

15. Chance

Crappy attitude..Or crappy acting? >.<

16. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

ummm yea dude..Are you not aware KoRn is on that soundtrack!? The most wicked awesome band since Slayer!??? Loved this movie, my second favorite to Devil's Rejects!

17. Lance Leingod

They have like a dozen bands on that track ^_^

It rules! :p

Anyway, since that poped up, what's your favorite song on there?

18. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Attitude. Such a bitter woman :p
    That's where I started liking Korn. And the song that he sings on stage, oddly enough, I like it better than the other two versions (Original one, and In Concert)

-Seishin

19. Lance Leingod

My favorite song is hearing the song he sings at the concert. Its the one he sings completely, not the one that is cut off from the vampire attack :p

20. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Gimme gimme GIMME! :p

I actually like the song Change ( In the House of Flies) - Deftones more on that.