Computers Question for the CS and computer literati

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Lady Aoi, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

A friend of mine is having problems with his computer. He recently recieved a NES emulator which he hooked into his computer. We dont think it is causing these problems, but the computer began to freak out shortly after the emulator was added. Tonight, my friend told me he tried to turn his computer on six times and the thing kept freezing in the start up. and when it worked, he said the start up cycle ran five times before it loaded normally.

Does anyone here know what would cause this? Please let me know if you do. My friend doesn't know what to do either, and I'm at my wit's end trying to comfort him.

~ Aoi

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

No way to know without being there really. Shot in the dark: did he recently install RealOne media player? That did it to my parents..
    Anyway, if you think it could be the emulator, uninstall it and see what happens. This obviously isn't very good advice, but it's about all I can say given what I know about it.

One thing I can say: if he absolutely needs to start up, safe-mode will often work where regular doesn't. (no frills, but it's up)

3. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Thanks, Mamiya. We found the problem. It's a corrupted file. He can't fix his computer. I may not see him again. Ever.

~ Aoi

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Which file got corrupted?