question

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by Paladin, May 6, 2003.

1. Paladin

Paladin New Member

I've pretty well stuck to gundam and ranma and am looking for a new series to watch. What exactly is Love Hina about?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I'm sure that this question has been answered a few times over in this here forum. But for the sake of things, I'll explain them to you anyway.

The main hero of the story is Urashima Keitaro. He's a ronin (a person who didn't make the jump to High School) trying to get into Tokyo Daigakusei (read: Tokyo University, or Todai, for the nihongo-slang enthusiasts). Well, he ends up needing a job, and decides to visit his Grandma on her whim at the Hinata-sou (Hinata hotel, basically). Turns out that it's been turned into an all-female dormitory. He gets into a situation, then almost gets kicked out (seeing as Granma Hina wasn't there) and is deigned by her to be the landlord of the Hinata-sou. Oh, yeah, his underlying goal as to *why* he wants to get into Todai is to find his childhood love, from 15 years ago.

There's also the main heroine in Narusegawa Naru, but if I say anymore, then it's spoiler-full.

If you liked Ranma for the suitor hijinx though, I'm pretty sure that you can get into Love Hina. Follow this advice though: At any one point in time, read the manga. It's much better than the Hina anime series.

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I Guess i will add this bit of infomation so that you won't make another thread asking how many episodes there are :p

1-25 Love Hina Episodes
    Christmas Special
    Spring Special
    Love Hina Again 1-3 ( OAV )

+

Love Hina Concert

- Teddz