Current Affairs Rapture is today: gl hf gg

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Teddz, May 21, 2011.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

It was a good run.

I managed to do my laundry, the sun is shining in Sweden with clear blue skies and New Zeeland is still intact.

Yeah. Rapture is near.

And I left my chilled drink out in the sun. Oh boy, the world is ending ;_;

2. Firefox

Firefox Member

The end of the world is just for people that are too much pansies to face it on their own. :p Nothing will happen~

In fact I am going to go back to bed now.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Wait....what?

The world ended and no one was nice enough to let me know?

4. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

the world can't end, I gotta get back with my gf again! god wouldn't been fair if by any fluke in the space time continuum something like that actually happened...

I think I sounded like emmet brown for a second...

5. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

I hate stuff like this.

I think it pushes people away from Christianity and makes us all look like wackjobs. Don't preachers like this who scream out Doomsday stuff or threaten to burn Korans realize they are doing more harm then good to Christianity?

Argh.

I hope his followers get their donations back and put it to good use, like helping the ton of poor people we have in this world.

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I got left behind... now to go break ****.

Not all Christian religions believe in the rapture, mine believes that we're all gonna face armageddon then after that something rapture-ish will happen. Maybe this: http://nyan.cat/.

3000 posts!

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Christian preachers professing doomsday ought to pay more attention to their source material.

Revelations 3:10
    Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

The date and hour are not given. In fact, I seem to remember somewhere in there it also mentions that it will be when people do not expect it.

8. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Matthew 7:15

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

I'm just careful of any prophecies about the end of the world. Apparently Harold Camping (the guy who predicted the May 21st apocalypse) suggested that there are hints throughout the Bible predicting when it will happen, but that seems to contradict what was written in Revelations, as Matt posted. I'm a bit iffy on Harold Camping, just how much money did he make in marketting alone? Not to mention donations for his 'mission'?

9. artemis836

Jesus said in Mark 13:32 "But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."

So that means even Jesus doesn't know when this is going down, only the Father. A Christian preacher who says they know more then Jesus Christ pretty far off message if you ask me.

10. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Thief in the night analogy.

...Better late than never.

~W

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I woulda been insanely ticked-off if the rapture did take place.
    I had a Saturday full of grueling work, then just as I finished and had an opportunity to relax, the world would have ended.
    Lol, I would have known then and there that there is a god because someone was out to get me :p

Did anyone do anything interesting (or anything at all)? I honestly forgot until afterwards.

12. artemis836

My wife and I had actually made plans to take our priest out to dinner that night at a nice Italian place. We had not scheduled this dinner for the 21st because of the supposed Rapture coming, it just so happened to happen.

But it turned out to be a nice coincidence. If the world had ended, would have been nice to have had a priest on hand to get things settled. :D :D

13. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Wheres the like button...