Manga Ring Project READ FIRST: Manga Ring Project FAQ - Updated 06/16/2005

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Jun 16, 2005.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'm totally confused. What is this forum for? A webring or something?

Some time ago, a group of board members from MangatoAnime (boards.jp's former existence) banded together to work on their own manga. Right from the get-go, it was realized that such an undertaking was enormous, but with all the talent available within the community, the results would be worth it.

Initially, the project was a small collection of topics on the Art boards, but being difficult to manage as things got underway, an entire board was created for all aspects of the project. This is that message board, and in essence, this is also where the community manga is officially discussed and developed.

In short, our boards.jp community is working together to brainstorm, script, and draw out our own manga.

So what's the manga about?

Minato is your average high school kid who is just coasting through school. He's fairly easygoing and pretty much takes things as they come. Unknown to him, things are about to radically change - and that's more than just his girlfriend Satomi's plans to break up with him. Minato accidently eats a sealed demon, releasing the womanizing Ein from his lengthy confinement into his own body. Suddenly, Minato's world is turned upside down as he competes with Ein for control of not only himself, but those around him.

Who's in charge of this thing?

Check out the Participants Roles sticky to see a complete list of all involved. Art direction is currently under the direction of Suzu, while BakaMattSu is managing the story department.

I'd like to help out! How do I join?

Keep in mind that the project forums are publicly open. As such, any contributions in terms of discussions or artwork are welcome. If you would like to join the team for task assignment, please send a private message to the project lead Suzu. Be sure to indicate your talents as well as what sort of tasks you would prefer working on - be sure to take a look at the Tasks and Missions topic for the current assignments that are underway.

What stage is the project in / Can I see some of the finished work?

Things are very much still in a conceptual stage. The primary characters have been under discussion and scrutiny, and sample art of many designs has been submitted, but nothing has yet been finalized. The manga style has been decided in favour of Rumiko Takahashi (mangaka of Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Ranma 1/2, and Inuyasha). You can find character designs stickied here.

From a plot perspective, the initial direction and overall story has been decided, but actual writing is still underway - the first couple chapters are in production. As scripts are accepted in their final form, they will be reproduced in this sticky for easier access.

2. jakery

jakery New Member

do somebody can work it??

3. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Well, it seems this project has been left dormant for a very long time now. It makes me feel a wii bit sad because I was hoping to see an output on this:(