Anime Revolutionary Girl Utena

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Energizer Bunny, May 24, 2002.

?

opinions on the utena series

1. LOVE IT!!!

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. like it

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. hate it

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. havent a clue

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Fushigi Rockna

I LOVE Utena! It is one of my favorite Animes. The Black Rose Duelists own all! :D

They are. The reason is because of the movie, in which the love between Utena and Anthy grows. Like the scene where Anthy requests to draw Utena naked (striaght out of Titanic I swear :p) and then that scene with the bed or soemthing, and at the end Anthy says utena is her prince blahblah and blows off Akio (her idiotic brother). If I'm not mistaken they also kissed. So the reaosn why everyone thinks their lesbians is because of the movie.
    Also Mikage and Mamiya are considered to be opposites of Utena and Anthy, and they are DEFIANTLY gay. :D

2. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

I really like the show, though it looks a bit warped :D
    I plan on buying the serious on dvd. classy and she has pink hair ;). hehe and i love how she breaks all the rules. and the blonde guy is HAAWT.

3. Fushigi Rockna

Which one is that? The only blonde guy i can think of is Tsuwabuki Mitsuru.... .____. but he's in elementry school....

4. Karuchan

Karuchan New Member

hey

I feel as if this anime though it was short lived should been a bigger hit.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Are you kidding?! With the TV, movie, and manga versions being released here, along with soundtracks, how could you possibly hope for more?!

6. Karuchan

Karuchan New Member

lol

Im a dreamer lol everything tends to be bigger to me maybe the day the show is played on tv.....as long as it isnt cut thou

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Bah, with North America's stodginess? Good luck!:p

8. Karuchan

Karuchan New Member

hey

What do you mean tv...its a pretty short series

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

There are 39 episodes, if I recall correctly...

Thats actually 50% longer than the average anime series. The average series is only 24-26 eps. Also, it was -aired- on tv in Japan, as its a tv series.

10. Fushigi Rockna

The anime's made of 3 arcs, and around 39 episodes. There's also a movie and the manga is out to buy.

The day the show is shown on American TV, is the day that people stop sueing people for no reason for money, since what happened is their own fault. (ala, the time a woman sued Eniem because she BOUGHT her 9 year old the CD and he started repeating what he heard. her own fault for not seeing the PARENTAL GUIDANCE sticker or whatever on the case.)

No seriously, Utena is a screwed up anime. :p That's what makes it so great. :p But we'll probably see Eva completly uncut on Cartoon Network before we see Utena. :p

11. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Yeah, what FR said about Eva uncut... yeah, that's true. ^__^;

Anyway, Karuchan, you should meet my English teacher -- her fave anime series (yes, she is an otaku -- seen TONS of stuff, that lady) is Utena. She's trying to get me into it, actually (and succeeding!). ^^; Whoo!

I definitely want to see this series -- even if only for the pretty colors. ^^;