RIP - Bob Moog

Discussion in 'Tomita' started by Andrew, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Hello,
    As many of you probably know, Bob Moog has passed away. Details can be found on the Moog Music website:

http://www.moogmusic.com/

2. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

A few years ago Kobe, Japan based musician Sunao Inami made a project called "Endless Moog" where he set up his modular to play by itself and streamed it on the internet 24/7. Occasionally people would come by and change some parameters

http://www.artskool.biz/newpics/nicktrip2/moog.jpg

Sadly the streaming Moog and the real Dr. Moog eventually came to an end though I'm sure people will continue to make and appreciate sounds with Moog instruments forever.

I had the chance to speak a couple times with Bob last year. I recalled and mentioned that I had spoken to Tomita-san a few years before and mentioned his continuing appreciation of his instruments. Bob spoke likewise of his music.

3. Andrew

Andrew New Member

That's great, Nick. Thanks for sharing.

4. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Bob Moog's family created a webspace to keep everyone updated on his condition over the past month or so:

www.caringbridge.org/visit/bobmoog

It was interesting to note that Tomita-san signed the guestbook on 8-21-05, before knowing about Moog's passing. It takes a little effort to locate, but if you find the guestbook page with entrys on 8-21-05, Tomita-san signed it 6:56PM CDT.

5. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Sad to hear this. Thanks for the updates.

6. ndkent

ndkent Moderator

A couple trivial theories when it comes to timing.

I believe word in Japan spread that he was ill only one or 2 days before he died. Most Americans and Europeans found out in June or July.

I would assume that Tomita-san would have needed someone to help him write in English and then register on the site to post it after being informed by Roland.