Music Rock On!

Discussion in 'Music' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Feb 11, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

What I'm looking for is your five all-time favourite rock bands, and why you like them. This was originally going to be a poll, but I realized that there are too many bands to list them all.

Here's mine:
    1. Staind - Their songs could be about me. Their lyrics are brilliant. Their music has driving emotion behind it. Aaron Lewis is a genius. "What would you do if it was you?"
    2. The Beatles - Ranging from cheap poppy love songs to weird I Am The Walrus craziness to political metaphors, The Beatles were just a really cool band. Everything about them kicks. "Hey, Bungalow Bill, what did you kill, Bungalow Bill?"
    3. Linkin Park - Much like with Staind, I identify with Linkin Park's music. However, unlike the aforementioned band, Linkin Park is more likely to make me want to kill myself (take that, Heero!). "Kept everything inside, and even though I tried, it all fell apart."
    4. Queen - Pure genius! What more can I say? I haven't heard a song by them that I didn't like. Ogre Battle's a particular favourite of mine. "I'm going slightly mad ..."
    5. Metallica - I don't agree with their interpretation of copyright law, but they've put down some good tracks, a few of which actually have decent lyrics (see Until It Sleeps for details). They're cover of Stone Cold Crazy was great too. "You labelled me, I labelled you, so I took the unforgiven ..."

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Weezer - easy listening.. not like lounge music, but cool. Don't take themselves seriously
    Beatles - because they are great. hugely varied stuff
    Oasis - because half my high school did and I have a herd mentality. Ha! Argue with that!
    The Pillows - cause they remind me of the above three
    U2 - longevity, they experiment. always good

And that's five. In no particular order at all.

Incidentally, I was chatting with some japanese guy, and mentioned that the Pillows reminded me of the Beatles, Weezer and Oasis, whereupon he said:
    LOL no wonder I like them.

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

1. LINKIN PARK :
    When I am either mad or sad .. they like they know what I feel and what they say is really what I feel !!

2. POWERMAN 5000 :
    They make me wanna DANCE :D !!

3. L'Arc~en~Ciel :
    I just like their music .. they sometimes comfort me ..

4. Siam Shade :
    You can say that their songs comfort me too :p

5. Yuji Ueda (if you condiser him as a rock singer) :
    You can say that his songs are cool ! He makes me wanna dance too .. or you can say that his voice reminds me of Sanosuke :D !!

P.S. They are all equal .. none is better than the other .. :anime:

4. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I can't explain why but heres mine:

Pink Floyd
    Metallica
    Led Zepplin
    Queen
    Eagles

5. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

i think ill just go with gnz's list lol i was reading and was like ROCK ON!! oh imagine that its the name f the thread...my true list umm today its probably gonna be this...
    LINKIN PARK--i can listen to them day in day out loop after loop and never get sick of them!i think thats a good reason plus they rock but they sing too and they actually have stuff to say ya know?not just screaming
    THE BEATLES--what can i say!theyre the beatles and you just have to love them!although yellow submarine gave me nightmares ^.^ (probably didnt help that i feel alseep watching it after tons of sugar and soda...slumber parties :rolleyes: )
    311--the loop reason again i like songs that dont get old after the fifth time you hear them i listened to their from chaos cd for a week straight and still wasnt sick of them so yeah
    PEARL JAM--they are just so cool i just every song i hear from them and i really love the vocals
    NIRVANA--its nirvana gotta love it! and they were the first of their kind totally awesome plus their longevity is amazing their songs are still being played constantly on radio stations everywhere

yeah like i said those are my favs today im so weird when it comes to favorites that they usually change with the wind (or my mood which is basically like the wind :rolleyes: )

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe music! w007....

yoko kanno-she just writes stuff that covers all the bases(the current song of hers i have playing sounds david bowie-ish...woa) and always entertains...her sharon apple stuff is really good...just like the sound...

hide--a big priority for me in music is liking the sound. he was great and his voice was quite neat and entertaining. some stuff in english and it was just the violent perverted stuff that no one ever writes about and i like that *^-^*

dave matthews band --an awesome voice and the lyrics make this up there. he normally covers my stranger emotions and it can set me into giggles.*^-^*(crash into me is about s&m common..THAT is funny...lol)

Live--always been my angst band.*^-^* always will be. i love his voice.

mr.bungle-- well, mike patton really, but it's all good. this is my music to be creative with. acid tripped cartoons is all i think of when i hear him and it helps me get in the mode easier*^-^* and he's funny

7. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Metallica
    Slipknot
    System Of A Down
    Rage Against The Machine
    Pantera

Rock , Metal , Metal , Rock , tis all the same :D

8. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Pantera
    Megadeth
    Rollins Band
    Black Flag
    Overkill
    Black Sabbath
    Led Zeppelin
    Queen
    Thin Lizzy
    The list goes ever on and on, so I'll just stop it here.
    Rock, Metal, Punk, Rock, Metal
    It's all good.

9. Energizer Bunny

ya know i was about to say thats more than five my dear drunk... but if ya like them that much whats the harm!^.^ and how could i forget dave!! DMB rocks i like them muchly! heehee

10. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Rammstein - I really like this band because it's like forceful rock almost, it's like the voices and even the music just pushes me to do things (evil things :p (jk))

Andrew W.K. - This rock seems to be like Happy metal, it's fun to listen to and it sounds awesome!

The Pillows - This band is unlike any other rock band, the music is just so awesome and W007!

Queen - Here they are, born to to be kings, they are the princes of Rock! I've always liked Queen, their music style is so awesome.

Creed - I think it's the cool voice, I wish that I could sing like that... also I like the moral messages given in the songs.

11. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Five! Five! What's everone's obsession with five? Huh? Answer me, dammit. Nine, that's where the money is.
    *Drunk is trying to cover up the fact that he missd that bit in the original post.

12. Energizer Bunny

That Guy!!! I cant believe your list---its awesome!! i totally didnt think about rammstein(theyre cool) and CREED i forgot about creed! how i dont know...ive only heard one by andrew wk but it sounded pretty cool...and everyone seems to like queen ^.^
    *throws two cents on the table plus one to grow on*
    oh yeah nine...pah! nine is for the weak at heart...

13. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I listed five, because I thought we were only limited to five rock bands.

Well I have five more then:

ACDC
    Guns N Roses
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Tool
    System of a Down

14. rei

rei New Member

oo.. uhm this is hard.. in no order..

guns and roses
    queen
    motley crue
    the who
    ..and uhm.. i dunno.. the last one is in limbo.. i dont have a perment one.. soo..
    [subject to change]

there! that mine, not nessicarily what i listen to every single day, but the stuff that lasts forever..

*heart* me

15. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

:sweat: I just keep changing my mind !!

1. LINKIN PARK ..
    2. HOOBASTANK ..
    3. POWERMAN 5000 ..

Thats it .. for the english though :sweat2: !!

16. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

1. Linkin Park
    2. Limp Bizkit
    3. Creed
    4. Powerman 5000
    5. Nickelback

17. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

Creed
    Metallica
    Limp Bizkit
    U2

18. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

OLD Rock right? No metal? Ok

1. KoRn (Heart, had to put it though it's classified metal)
    2. Linkin Park ( I wanna run away..Have Meteora and Hybrid Theory, first rock band I ever liked)
    3. AC/DC
    4. Metallica
    5. Guns "N" Roses.

19. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

I will edit this when I can think of more, but right now I can only think of four

1. The Beatles: Because...they are the Beatles. They were fantastic, from the black suits days to the crazy, hippy acid filled songs. They changed the world and were the first really good band I listened to (as a very wee lass).

2. The White Stripes: Seven Nation Army, Blue Orchid, The Hardest Button to Button, so many amazing songs from just two people.

3. The Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californiacation. When I learned how to play that I almost cried, it's the most beautiful song and I love them for that. And sticking it out for more than twenty years and still being brilliant!

4. Pink Floyd: They lived in my home town. They wrote amazing music. They rocked the freaking world! It's a personal thing.

20. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

My favorite bands, although there's no real order.

Linkin Park
    Nickel Back
    God Smack
    Three Days Grace
    Puddle of Mudd

If I had to choose who I like best of the five, it would be Nickel Back :D