Rurouni Kenshin Fans Unite!

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by TagZrael, Mar 26, 2003.

1. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

yeah i heard of an anime network but they will probably dubb that too...ugh

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

yeah im not sure if it out here in the east tho...

3. DistantSamurai

yeah its not out in all cities but if they do...i'm gonna get it just to see if its subbed or dubbed

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

subbed or dubbed it the only TV network that only plays anime like 24/7

5. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Subbed is better. Kinda ironic though, since I wanna be a voice actress.... most people don't prefer subbed, so the only times they're subbed for us is when they bring over specials.

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

aye, they be taking RK off of Toonami and are replacing it with Yu Yu Hakusho. Check the CN schedule if you need don't believe me. This is going to put many people in the position that I was in for nearly a year because the tapes I had ended right before Kenshin fought Shishio. Though, Yu Yu only has about 14 or less episodes left to it so maybe they'll show more RK afterwards.

7. minjigga

minjigga New Member

are you serious?? kenshins gonna leave from toonami? replaced by yu yu hakusho? thats wak. i think they should take justice league off. why is it on there neway?

8. DistantSamurai

yeah i saw on the schedule yesterday that Kenshin is replaced by YuYu...now the people who don't have teh dvds won't be able to see the fight between Shishio and Soujirou like one of my friends...perhaps they are moving it to adult swim? Or perhaps like That Guy said that they will show Kenshin after wards after YuYu is done...hmm...and your right i dislike justice league so much i don't know know why they put it on there...

9. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Harsh

I think you're all being WAY too harsh on Cartoon Network and the dubbed version of Rurouni Kenshin. Cartoon Network has done anime an enormous favor by bringing all these anime shows to its network, which lots and lots of people watch.

A month ago, I had no idea what Rurouni Kenshin was. I was watching Yu Yu Hakusho (Another anime I discovered thanks to Cartoon Network), and I watched the network an extra half hour after Yu Yu Hakusho ended to see this show I'd never heard of. Needless to say, I was hooked on Rurouni Kenshin. Knowing that I'd love it, I purchased the whole set on VCD soon after.

See what I mean? Crappy dub or not, Cartoon Network introduced me to the know, and I imagine it's done the same for countless other people. Frankly, I don't care if six year olds get the wrong impression of the show - At least they're watching a cool show (As opposed to me, who's ashamed to say he was a huge Power Rangers fan...blushes...). And I also don't care about the actors mispronouncing some words. Even the editing is forgivable, because if you don't like it you can always trot on over to an online anime store and pick up the subtitled, uncut versions like I did. So yeah, complain all you want about the editing and the acting, but just remember that everytime Cartoon Network brings a (relatively) unknown anime like Yu Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin here, they're taking a risk, and you should respect them for that.

Billy277

10. DistantSamurai

yeah they are being a little harsh but they have their reasons and we should all respect that. Sure they took out the bloodshed and what not but they had to do it. To obtain their target audience. The plot is still teh same and i think it was a dang good edit attempt hehe...and teh dubbed voices weren't even that bad...i guess its because it was such a great anime before all the edits that people think it sucks when a little, ok maybe alot more then a little (lol), is taken from it. Just like masterpeice is ruined once it gains a small scratch...

11. Aoshi Shinomori

Aoshi Shinomori New Member

hhmmmm.....

Im not so sure about putting it in adult swim, even though it would be alot better on that stupid saturday thing.Have you tried e-mailing Toonami personally...if you haven't, then just wait till you have enough names on the petition list. Then hopefully they would reconsider, take that stupid Cyborg 009, DBZ, or justice league out (one of them) and put RK back where it belongs...in Toonami.

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Well for those who don't have the fansubbed version of RK still (like me ^^;;;) and rely on Toonami to watch it, do not despair. Rurouni Kenshin is being shown on Saturdays at 9:30 PM, that it is! So.. you'll have to just do what they do in Japan and wait a week in between episodes :p And it's well worth the wait, the Shishio/Kenshin fight is great.

13. Dark_Dreams

Dark_Dreams New Member

I never seen the real one WAAAAAAAAAAH! I have to rent any animes I can get my hands on cuz I'm broke(I'm only 12) so the only pace to get any good anime is Tech TV. WAAAAH!*sobs* or Adult Swim which is still run by the evil people of cartoon network:anger: :anger: :anger: :anger2:

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

"evil"? the guys that now run the Adult Swim are true anime fans...they actually are running a huge amount ot new and up to date anime as well as releasing the new episodes as such anime as Inu Yasha and The Big O. personally i think the guys that are doing the Adult Swim are doing an incredible job...

15. Dark_Dreams

Dark_Dreams New Member

There evil because all they have now on CN is Adult Swim they took off Yu Yu Hakusho completely (but hopefully wil back on as soon as soon as the new eps are translated) and the put on Dragon Ball in it's place . EWWWW. Although they do still have RK and .Hack so I guess they are Ok but I was PO at them when I wrote that post so sorry.l

16. MiminoKitsune

MiminoKitsune New Member

Cartoon Network must die!!!!

Not only does Kenshin come on at 11:00pm, but, the b******s at CN still edit the show.:anger: :anger: WHY THE H*** WOULD YOU EDIT A SHOW THAT COMES ON AT 11:00 PM AT NIGHT!!!!

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

well first off the reason that it was put on at 11 was because the fan base didnt seem to be too big during the day. second the reason that its edited is because they had already edited it for the day time so they just showed what they had already done...

18. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

That's true and all, but I read a book called blood of a thousand (or at least I think that was what it was called) when I was exactly 10!!! And I tell you this, it wasn't exactly what you would call uhhh... hmmm.. NICE! But of course that was a book, much different from a T.V show. I have to agree deeply with the pronunciations and dubbed versions though. :anime: :sweat2:

19. Hitokiri_Gensai

well words have a very different effect on the mind then pictures...although words can be as elequent as the most beautiful picture, a picture is still going to leave a bigger impression.

20. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

Well RK comes on cartoon network saturday nights 11:00 during their cartoon block from 7:00 pm to 2:00 am. Also there is some blood in the show and yahiko does kick a guy in the balls. sorry if someone has already said these :sweat: bye