Rurouni Kenshin Forum FAQ

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by That guy!, Aug 11, 2003.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

What is Rurouni Kenshin?

First of all, I want to welcome you all to the Rurouni Kenshin forum ^_^x

What is Rurouni Kenshin? (warning: contains some spoilers)

How many episodes are there? Provided by Zanza and BakaMattSu
    FORUM RULES, ETC.

What can I post in this forum?
    What can’t I post in this forum?

Any other comments/questions? Your questions will be added to this post once one of the moderators answers.

Yours Truly,

Hitokiri_Gensai, Zanza, and That guy!, the Shinsengumi of the RK board

1 person likes this.
  2. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

*blinks* trying to explane it fer newbies....or are you just rambling fer the heck of it??? ^__^heh....but nice info and backgrounds....

Misao

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Just rambling for fun ^^;;; haha

It's actually just an intro to the forum for those who don't know about Rurouni Kenshin. If anyone would like to add on to it you're welcome to :)

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

*****SPOILERS*****

he wasnt really blood thirsty...he hated to kill but he did it "to bring peace to the world" actually between a conversation with Katsura Kogorou:

Katsura: So that was the Hiten Mitsurugi School? Ive heard rumors of it but i didnt know it existed...but let me ask you something...have you ever killed anyone with this Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu?"
    Kenshin: no
    Katsura: Do you think you could?
    Kenshin: : If with my own dirty sword and the lives I take, I could pave the way for a new era in which all can live in peace...

so as you can see he wasnt an assassin for the sake of being one he was one to try to bring peace to a caotic world...when he was younger he witnessed he death of his adopted sisters by ronins. two year after the beggining of th bakumatsu the system in which the government protected people on major roads had broken down and ronins began to attack groups of people and rob them...

Hitokiri Battousai lost his title as Shadow Hitokiri to a man who was far more dangerous in the fact that he cared only to be ordered around so that he could show off his skills with a sword...he was a power hungry man and would stop it nothing to be able to rule Japan...Hitokiri Battousai moved into Kyoto as a protector to the Ishin groups stationed there...he fought many of the Kyoto Miwari gumi as well as the Shinsengumi...in the end after the battle for Toba Fushimi Hitokiri Battousai left his killers sword and slipped into the darkness...he recieved the sakabatou from swordsmith Shakku...he began life over as a wandering samurai or "rurouni" which is a fitional word with a meaning close to "wanderer" wielding the sakabatou he will let no one die before him...

anyway thats my little bit...

5. STRONGEST

STRONGEST New Member

Thank you That guy

This thread is so cool, cuz due to my lack of time I watch Samurai X sometimes (saturday nights mostly in Cartoon network) but I have missed a lot of the history, so I apreciate the info.:)

6. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Ok..one question: did Kawakami Gensai had red hair? because Kenshin does, and i was always wondering how come Watsuki Nobuhiro made him a red head?? red hair just dont go with the "typical" 19th century japanese warrior's appearance. so, does red hair color have any symbolic meaning, like to make him to stand out of the crowd as a revolutionist? or something like that? hm?

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

nope, Kawakami Gensai didnt have red hair. (As my name sake as i resemble him a good deal ^_^x;;; and i obcessivly practice many styles of Kenjutsu combining different aspects to create a stlye similar to Furanui Kenjutsu) Black actually somewhat short he was often mistaken for a girl. but in reality he was a cold calculating man. he created a style of Kenjutsu called Furanui Kenjutsu. it was probably closer to Iaijutsu however because his main stance was a iai stance.

as for Kenshin having red hair...it was mainly to distinguish him. i mean if you said a short man with black hair and a cross scar, there could be thousands wandering japan at the time...so having red hair marked him out more.

8. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

I know a bunch about rouroni kensin, but not everything. If Kawakami Gensai was such a powerful hitokiri why was he over tooken so easily? And did he use the Sakabatou and the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu?

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. . . .

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

if you know everything you should be able to ace the test i made...its somewhere in the forum.

Gensai was gunned down...not even the fastest sword in all of the world could stand against a rifle.

No, Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu is somewhat of a myth...there are rumors that the school did exist once...

as for the Sakabatou...there is no such sword...the creation of it is thoughly impossible...if you read through the forum you'll find stuff on the sakabatou that ive written...

10. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

thanks for the info. . . . i will keep it in mind

11. mika seido

mika seido New Member

short preview: its a show that has some but not all of our japanese history-
    and heritige.

12. mika seido

mika seido New Member

please sir do not offend me im japanese.taiketsu battosai is secret to
    japanese samurai society.

13. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

thanx 4 answering^_^ now its much more clear 4 me!!

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

anytime ^_^x studying Nihon is my job/major

can you clarify? cause of right now...all youve done is make no sense...

15. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

No one is offending you......i have not said anything to offend so if your offend by something that i have done then speak up and say whats on ur mind if not then....ur prob.

16. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

is the hiten mitsurugi ryuu a real practice sword fighting technique?
    and how about Saito´s? i´ve heard that it was a practiced sword technique long time ago in japan like in the tokugawa.. ne?
    and Aoshi´s double sword technique... is it true too?

Misao

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hiten Mitsurgi Ryuu was rumored to be true but i can find no evidence of it being true. Saitou's Mizoguchiha Ittou Ryuu is a real school, although the school that most of the Shinsengumi trained at was Kondo Isami's School called Tennen Rishin Ryuu. as For Aoshi's Kodachi stlye. his particular style did not exist but schools like it did exist, there was a famous assassination that was done by a Kodachi Master.

18. AsIaNgUrL

wow... i am amazed with ur knowledge!!!.. that is totally awesome..
    i wanna know more
    and who was that kodachi master?O_O
    i got a very old sword here at my house it belonged to my ancestors... ^^hehe i really like it... but do u think if i go to japan now with that sword on... will the police or governer prison me???O_O
    i got a question about kenshins master... hiko... do u know who taught him the hiten mitsurugi ryuu???
    misao

19. Hitokiri_Gensai

Kenshin's master, Hiko Seijurou the 13th, was taught by Hiko Seijurou the 12th. there are no names that are specific to the masters of the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu. Its a style with no ties to any specific place. when the student attained the Menkyo Kaiden Status the red and white cloak as well as the name was handed down to them. Generally, the previous master would die in the teaching of the Ougi, Amakakeru Ryuuno Hirameki.

as for your sword, wearing it in public, yes you would get arrested and it would be confiscated. now, there are japanese swords that are not allowed in Japan at all and they hardly are real Japaneses swords anyway. they are the bar stamp swords from World War II. the Nihon Government refuses to allow these swords into Japan because it signifies its recent militaristic past. now, i imagine that the sword your family has is probably 300 years old, if not older and would be considered ok to bring into Japan, but again, wearing it in public would create quite a stir.

as for the Kodachi Master...ill get his name for you. but itll be a while...im leaving on a trip for the next two weeks so, ill get it when get back

20. AsIaNgUrL

arigato!! wow.. u are soo kakoi!!!!! hehehe.. bows.. lol
    misao