Rurouni Kenshin's end (the 2nd OVA) **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Ice_blue_eyes, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Yo!

Hey, we all know that in the end Kenshin dies of Tuberculocis,*sob* but does anybody have a theory in why he had the diesease in the first place???!! :anime:

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, it's not Japan...but in the Philippines you can get it from just drinking the water.

In fact, when I was a wee child they had to inject me with a TB shot so I don't actually catch it.

3. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Here is how I think Kenshin died..

Yay! You replied! This is my first time here, but anyway. I have a theory.Here goes.When Kenshin was Hitokiri Battousai, he killed many people. The blood from those people must have evaporated into the air. I once read a site that said something about the smell of blood was just as familiar as the smell of some kind of blossom. Well anyway, somebody he killed must have carried TB, and his/her blood was evaporated into the air.When it rained, the blood in the rain droplets must have soaked into his skin then stayed dormant in his body until, I think Makoto Shishio or somebody slashed him in the back and "unleashed" the diesease. Then several years after he died....*snivel*. Well anyway, I could be right or totally off!

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

he just caught it...it was a very common disease and all who got it would probably not survive it. there was a Teburculosis hospital in Edo where Okita Soushi ended up after the Bakumatsu. there wasnt a vaccine then so, he just contracted the disease and died from it.

5. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

True

:sweat2: Yeah, I think your theory is more meaningful. Hey, just so you know I'm not that old... :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

6. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

i've read that he got it from the hiten Mitsuruge Ryu and i'm sorry if i spelled it wrong again.
    :sweat: :sweat2:

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

using the sword would worsen it as its a disease that effects the lungs...so cold air and the continues use of the sword may have made it worse but he just caught it...

BTW its Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu