Rurouni or Battosai?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Dec 7, 2001.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Who has more skills?

My answer would be that Battosai had more freedom in using his skills because he didnt care about slaughtering ppl. But when he became a Vegabond he have vowed that he will never harm a soul and that limited his using of his skills.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Hmm, that would arguably be the point of why the rurouni is more skilled... he has that extra non-killing code to live up to, and as such has that much more effort to do in his work...

It's so much easier not to care for your opponent, but when you have to consider how much they could take from an attack without harm, you have to be more selective - and therefore skillfull...

BakaMattSu, not reading his text over again before posting...just assuming it makes sense...

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

True, I believe that the Rurouni has more skill. His beliefs in not hurting others has caused him to know a great deal more on how to attack them without killing them. Sure, the Hitokiri Kenshin killed without thinking first...but this meant that he could kill in any way(he didn't care).

...blah...

4. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I guess that what it comes down to is that saying that the ones best to oppose violence (or in this case, senseless killing) are those who are most capable of it (I stole that line from Highlander [​IMG]).
    Really, though, if you want to talk about reckless killing, maybe a Ronin is more your style? I could be wrong (I've grown out-of-touch with my Japanese history in favour of other stuff), but I believe Ronins are the samurai who have either committed some dishonour or have failed their master, resulting in his death. Such a warrior, having nothing to live for, you would expect to be some kind of suicidal kamikaze sort of deal. You must remember that death was the only way for a samurai to attone for dishonour.

------------------
    Hold my breath as I wish for death ... PLEASE GOD HELP ME!

5. That guy!

-http://rpgvault.ign.com/

I guess they're more or less swordsmasters who ran away from their sensei...

6. That~Girl

That~Girl New Member

Hard question...
    lets see .. who is stronger? A man that has freedom to use and develop new deadler skills or a man that develop skills to not kill his opponents

battousai had to learn to be able to defeat his opponents enough so that they won't keep coming back for more. With the sakabatou, presumably, he's still hitting his enemies at full strength, but without the edge of the sword to ensure the kill.

So my answer would be : Battousai

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

OK .. isnt the Battosai the same as the Rurouni ,, except that rurouni doesnt kill while battosai kills .. but still with the same techniqes ??

I am so confused :confused: !!

8. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I think that since Kenshin learned the Ama Kakeru Ryu No Hirameki succession technique, he is way stronger as a Rurouni than he ever was as the Battousai.

9. Zanza

Staff Member

If you guys bring it by time .. while Kenshin was a battosai or a rurouni .. of course now while he is a rurouni ..
    cuz like LOT said .. he learned that new move .. :p
    And I would add his friends that the ones who helped him through bad times fighting with enemys .. :anime: ...

If you know what I mean .. :p

10. That guy!

Yeah I know, when learning the Amekaku no Hirameki Kenshin has to just forget everything and have like a perfect balance in his mind... I don't think he could have done this as the Hitokiri because even then he was afraid of death...

11. Dosaki Kitanai

Dosaki Kitanai New Member

battousai

i would have to say that it is the battousai that is stronger because he had no weakness apart from being human. As ruroni he can be harmed or controlled by someone using his friends as bait.

12. Zanza

Staff Member

First of all I would like to welcome you Dosaki Kitanai ..
    I actually spent so much time in who's online forum .. and I actually saw you showing this topic and then saw you registering :p

So .. WELCOME .. and I am so proud that your first post is in the Rurouni Kenshin's thread .. :anime:

2nd of all (SPOILER) As I remember that there was an episode where Kenshin the rurouni actually fights the battosai , so .. if I actually saw that episode I would probably answer it right 8p

Anyhow .. I guess thats all I have to say for that topic .. unless new things came up :sweat2: ...

13. Jitsumi kenji

Jitsumi kenji New Member

really?

i thought he was stronger as a hitokori because he had no reason to hold back

14. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

Well i liek both very much and i think both are very strong. I cannot say that hitokiri Battousai is exactly stronger then Himura Kenshin because of evidence in the series...but i find i like the personality of Battousai better because he gets things done and he doens't let things stand in his way and Kenshin keeps to his oath of not killing and his pacifist ways to tightly that i often get frustrated at him lol...i am a pacifist but in some situations its almsot selfish of him to want both to be a pacifist and save the day...he goes through alot more trouble to complete things he would have completed way quicker if he was Battousai...plus i loved how Battousai was so cold and disconnected and calm...

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

actually the word "ronin" means "wave man" the word "roshi" means "wave warrior" "Rurouni" is a fictional word meaning wanderer or vagabond.

16. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

uh yeah bankotsu is better, w---a---y better. and + he has all those shikon shards. hey wait . . . is the bankotsu guy that hot looking guy in inuyasha? <hit my head againsst the table> that is. anywayz, either way bankotsu is better.

17. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

I believe there are two sides of this. First of all; Skills doesnt necessarily mean how fast one kills someone else. Skills are also how one thinks. In skills of fighting I believe that Battouse is superior, because he manages to neutralize his enemies quickly and accurate. But then again, in skills of thinking during battle, Himura is superior, because regardless how many one manage to kill, it always comes down to how oneself values life. Himura Kenshin knew that life was more important than being strong and feared, and therefore believed that if everyone stopped fighting there would be a easier way to deal with suffering. Fighting and killing is just the hard way around. Battousai's thinking wouldn't pay in the end, but Himura's surely would.

There, thats MY oppinion about this :p

18. DistantSamurai

I agree with you that Kenshin had the superior thinking skills and that Battousai had the superior ability to get thigns done without his emotions getting in the way. But when it comes ot a fight Battousai could predict one's moves and he was ruthless. Kenshin would be able to find ways to beat Battousai. But Battousai was strong. He was more then just fighting skills you know...he could predict people's next moves as well. He was very very tactical as well. His mind was so determined, his will so strong, and his heart so void of emotions or mercy to let anyone or anything stnad in his way...

19. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

but the batosai is stronger and more free unlike the regular old kenshin. he's a lot weaker and waaaaay too nice. i mean, he doesn't kill. it's like killing is over rated or something.

20. DistantSamurai

lol he doesn't kill because he has adopted the ideals of a pacifist and because of his unfortunate past. I understand what you eman about him not willing to kill and thta making him weak but at the same time you should look at it as him being stronger for beating his enemies without having to kill. Kenshin was kinda annoying ebcause sometimes i wanted him to kill but i respect his ideals even tho i don't agree with him. I guess i respect Kenshin alot more then i respect Battousai but i agree, Battousai was the stronger of the two...