Rurouni or Battosai?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Dec 7, 2001.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

lol you're not getting the question. Just roll your eyes back to where it belongs :p

Looking back at my answer, I can't say that I'm completely wrong. On one hand, it takes skills for the rurouni to learn non-lethal offensive techniques. On the other hand, the Battosai has more freedom of learning these attacks; therefore, he has the advantage to become more skillful in combat.

2. kikyo5

kikyo5 New Member

ok ok Battosia is the winner i guess.
    but you got to ammit both are cool. so there. He gains more intellegnce after Tomoe's death :sweat:

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

well i repeat a post i put up earlier, "an assassin's blade is sharp but perhaps the blade of one who refuses to kill is sharper still..."

4. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

I think he is better skill in both rouroni and as hitokiri battosai! yes as the battosai he had to problem worrying about kill anyone and was able to use his skills at there fullest but as a rouroni that is when most of his toughest opponents came in contact with him. But when someone he loved dearly was in danger he became both at one time the power and speed from the battosai and the mercy and skill from the rouroni. And with these two together the Hitokiri Battosai/Rouroni Kensin were able to master the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu.

"kensin" means- heart of sword

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

eh...before learning the Ougi he wasnt really become both...he was succoming to the power of Battousai...the other half of him. the one that hide in his heart. so really he lacked that mercy perhaps, because of the fact that his Hitokiri half was taking his heart over...

6. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

yeah u could see that when ones he loved were harmed. the battosai came out but the rouroni would shine thru a lil. But i guess it would be hard to fight off a part of u that live for so long and try to change but still have that dark place deep inside.

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

when his Hitokiri side came out his Rurouni side didne even begin to show...made obvious in the second fight against Jineh. Kaoru's voice was just barely able to bring him back. it was even worse during his fight with Saitou. her voice couldnt even bring him back. his fight had left the Meiji Era...his mind was fighting in the streets of Kyoto once again.

Kenshin: Next strike your head will fly.

such a simple line with so much meaning in it...

8. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

but if the rouroni never came out a lil during the battles why didnt he just kill them right away instead of just hurting them? j/w

i have questions on the real hitokiri?

9. Nikkisword

Nikkisword New Member

:) That's good question, may be because of the vow of not to kill that rurouni made to his dearly departed wife 10 years ago. That's what think, please help me if I'm wrong about this subject, please. :sweat2:

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

because, the opponents that came after him were strong...undeniebly strong. they had to survive the coming of the Meiji Era. so...in a battle such a kill was impossible. to kill right away isnt something that is eay against such opponents.

what are your questions on the real hitokiri?

11. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

nikkissword- even if the promise was made doesnt mean he would never break it just when the battosai took over wouldnt killing be on his mind . against jineh he would of killed him if not for kaoryu.

You said the real one was gunned down...when u say that in the since of him being captured and executed for his wrongs? right? or shot in battle cause i thought he was executed in the fourth year of the meji era in 1871. But also what false charges were brought upon him for him to be killed

1 person likes this.
  12. Hitokiri_Gensai

there werent any false charges...its just that he knew many of the Ishin's secrets...things that would destroy the new age if they were to come to light...he didnt even have a trial...to do so would confirm the use of shadow assassins...

13. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

yeah seems right...

14. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

yea that does seem right. I would still choose kenshin over the manslayer.

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

im in favor of Kenshin's Hitokiri self...

16. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

Kensin is the man! and to be a rorouni and still use his skills to protect are great