Saber Marionette Saber Marionette HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by b-tuvs, Jul 22, 2007.

1. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Hello!!!

Since I'll be asking for a lot of help with my Saber Marionette research, I thought to put up a separate thread for anyone who are interested and for those who have questions that need answers about our favorite Saber Marionettes.

I'll start off with a request for anybody who has a copy of any Saber Marionette R manga, cd, dvd or novel cover scans, if not, can anybody tell me where I can find additional SMR images in the web?? Most of us know SMR images are pretty rare in the internet, if anybody has SMR images, can you please send me a copy? your help would be greatly appreciated you can be sure that I will put up your name along with the image you sent. For those who don't know, I am the webmaster of Saber Marionette - Saber Site (also known as B. Tuvs' Saber Site). http://www.geocities.com/b_tuvs

I hope with this little thread we can all exchange informations. Anybody who can help is very welcome!

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I have the DVD release. I'll add the scan to my list of "to dos". Want any screencaps while I'm at it?

3. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Thank You!!!

Thank you so much for the scans you sent! They're a huge help, and I would also like to thank SaberJ2X for additional images from Miracle Genki! Thanks for the link you gave me, because of it I was able to salvage a lot of SMJ images from what was once Miracle Genki. Honto ARIGATOU!!!:D

I'll be pretty busy all this week with the update works, I'll keep posting for progress. I just hope that the update will turn out nice :)

4. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

SMJ Novel Characters!!!

Hello! It's me again, hehehehe^^

I'm being a research bug lately and I have been trying to find some information regarding some SMJ characters that appeared in the SMJ novels, Can anybody help me with this??? I bet some of you people haven't even heard of these characters before from the SMJ series (neither have I), I just recently discovered that there are some pretty interesting characters that is worth looking at. Let's start off with Black Lime, yep it looks like the Lime we all know except that her artificial skin is dark (that's why she's called Black Lime) who is she exactly??? I don't know, but here is a file photo for reference
    [​IMG]
    Next is another interesting character, her name is Shi she's a human female (I thought there were no female in Terra II???) you better believe it!! She was said to be an experiment, she's not actually a real female, but a guy chemically treated to be a female (is Shi gay???) I dunno myself, but if anybody can shed some light about her would be very welcome. Here is a file photo of Shi for reference.
    [​IMG]

The third is a never before seen marionette, a water type Marionette! I just heard they were made to look like mermaids I think she was called Machtrau or something. Here is a file photo for reference.
    [​IMG]

And Pescatore, I know he's from Romana and that he hates Marionettes (what there's another guy in SMJ?!) I have seen a pic of this guy holding a gun against lime, I have little information about this guy, but he seems to be more famous than the first three who I mentioned earlier.
    [​IMG]

Does anybody have any additional information regarding the characters I mentioned? Your help would be greatly appreciated^^

And one more favor, can anyone tell me who is the character in this illustration page with Otaru???
    [​IMG]

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

you are the man o_O....

new characters.... or obscure as heck

interesting times 10

6. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Yearghh!!! Translation Help!!!

OK, here's the situation. I have been trying to decipher what's written on http://www.i-poli.com/html-second/sp-ohedo1.html and it's giving me a heck of a head ache! :mad:

I have installed an OCR program to convert the image texts into normal text and have a translator program convert the texts into understandable English and so far none makes sense :confused: I have managed to figure out a few details, but unscrambling the words to form a thought out of the translated dialect is just too much for my limited brain processing capacity! I'm literally pulling my hair out trying to figure things out!:eek: Can anybody out there help me translate the articles contained in http://www.i-poli.com/html-second/sp-ohedo1.html and the other five pages linked to it??? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

7. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Where can I find Saber Marionette Z manga?

Does anybody know where I can download a copy of the Saber Marionette Z manga? :confused:

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'll try and see what I can translate of that site when I get some time - possibly this weekend. As for SMZ, I wish I had access to scans, but I don't. :)

9. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Guess WHO!

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it:)
    I have been busy with some things at home and now I'm back working with the Saber Site update and I have been noticing some things in the images I have been compiling. If you are thinking, yes, I am already working on the Gallery section of the Saber Site ver. XI ;) I am happy to report that I have received a generous amount of images from other SMJ friends :D THANK YOU EVERY ONE! HONTOU ARIGATOU!!!

As I was sorting out the images I noticed some things that a few of you guys might not have noticed. I had this pic of the SMJ again cast and it seems to be incomplete. Does anybody have a complete version of this picture???
    [​IMG]
    if you look at it closely you will see a long blue hair swaying in front of lime, we all know the guy hanging on the coconut tree is Hanagata, but who is the blue haired character who is being cut from the image, is it Marine??? I am looking for the complete version of this image, any help is welcome

Here is another image that puzzles me. This one seems to be taken from the SMJ Novel and in this particular image scan a familiar character is noticeable.
    [​IMG]
    It raised a quiestion in my mind, did by chance Apple appeared in the novel of SMJ???

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

My apologies. I meant to have a look at that Ohedo stuff weeks ago. With work dying down again for the moment, I'll try and get it done soon.

The character designs are the J Again versions, so Marine is a safe bet. It looks like a promotional poster, possibly from before the Again release. It suggests to me that Marine is intentionally out-of-frame as a teaser to fans who would have speculated as to who it was at the time.

I'll have to get you a full set of the colour insert-image scans from the novels. I'll double check, but I don't think I saw this particular image in any of them. I don't believe Apple has made an appearance in anything except Battle Sabers.

11. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Zero Revived!!!

Thank you very much! ^^ the insert-images would be a valuable addition to the gallery.

The update is still on going, and I'm feeling a bit lost with a few things :eek:, I'm currently working on the SMZ section, the thing is that there are only very few images for SMZ. Though I tried to search for additional images the manga scans that were previously available at Hanami's SM site were the the only ones out there and nothing more, it's just sad :( so I'm making more pics of SMZ, it was pretty tough, because all I had to go with are jumbled images from the manga panels, but I think I did a fine job at it :p

[​IMG]

12. Xel

Xel New Member

Xel wants to hear more about this "Shi."

What an appropriate name.

13. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

About Shi...

Hmm... I don't know much about her, but all I can say is her name is not actually Shi, it's something like "Sample S-1" (not so sure :confused: gotta re-check that). As for her appearance in the Novel, Otaru met her in New Texas during their mission there (not sure what mission that was). As it turned out there were human females in New Texas (for so they thought) in the end Otaru and the girls realized that they were all male in the shape of women "gay" as the summary mentioned :sweat2:. Shi was a test subject who undergone extreme experiments and one day she escaped and met Otaru, of course being the first time Lime ever saw a female-like human, LIme suddenly felt jealous and tried to push away Shi. All other details are very sketchy, as it turns out, Shi is being pursued by another "gay" ordered by Joy Hulic the leader of New Texas to recapture Sample S-1 and continue experiments.

That is all the info I got about Shi, the sad part is nobody ever bothered to make a summary of the SM Girls Saber Marionette Novels. There are lots of seemingly interesting things hidden away in it, like the Lime of 10,000 (ten thousand), as it was translated. It turns out that Lime had many copies and they all went out of control and went towards Japoness! And there is the shady character called Black Lime who looks like Lime, but her skin tone is darker (thus the name Black Lime) what was her purpose, is she one of the prototypes of Lime??? The SMJ Novel universe is indeed full of mysteries...

14. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

dark lime, as far as I remember right, was a copy of lime with pre programmed expressions to blend in just enough to still lime's otome kairo (or that was the deal in the anime... I don't remember) but I'm pretty sure it was what I said

15. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Image Hunt!

I was just browsing around looking for any hidden SMR gems on the internet when I spot this little pic. It seems to be similar with the art of SMR in the audio drama cd covers, does anybody have a bigger copy of this image???

[​IMG]

Any lead will be greatly appreciated:)

16. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

PSX Game Emulator HELP!!!

I don't know where to post this, so I'm posting this on SM HELP since it involves a media of the Saber Marionette :eek:. I Have downloaded the Saber Marionette Battle Saber PSX game and I'm very curious. I don't have any PSX game consoles and I can only play it on my PC, can anybody tell me how I can play with it using my PC, what kinds of programs do I need to install to be able to run the PSX game data? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

17. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

yea due to legal season we can't discuss it here....

get it... can't do it here...

18. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Shiritsu Oedo Gakuen Koubouki translation project!

Work must continue even if the heart is bleeding and the mind is aching! :mad:

So far I have manged to untangle the huge mess in the translated texts in i-POLILIN's "Shiritsu Oedo Gakuen Koubouki" first page. It contains the briefing and introduction of the story, we all now know, the Shiritsu Oedo Gakuen Koubouki is the latest installation of the SM series. I have managed to identify the characters naming; Iori Tateshina, Kyouko Mizusawa, Ringo Hino (yes there is an Apple here :p), Cherry Kazami (there is also a cherry), Kirito Inawashiro, Akebi Sora and the Cheering group who is after Kirito.

According to what I understand of the story, its starts on a time when Humans and Marionettes live in equality, a boy named Iori Tateshina is having an Adonis Complex, he wants to be more manly because he is a bishounen, and he is weak. Iori meets a guy marionette named Kirito, he wanted to be like Kirito, but Kirito wanted to be like Iori who is human (the context seem to portray that thought), a Cheerleading Group is after Kirito they wanted to appoint him as a Student council president and they are pretty persistant about it. Iori has a female human childhood friend named Kyouko Mizusawa, and his (?) junior high school classmate Akebi Sora, adding to the group are his fated sweet heart Apple and her friend Cherry (???). Together they formed the Oedo academy supporters club (?) and so Iori's crazy high school life begins....

heh... It took a lot out of my brain just to get this piece into understandable phrases :dizzy2: is there anybody out there who can help me with this? I'm not sure if I got the thought of the paragraph right >< you can view the page here see page here

19. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

what in particular you need translated? the User named "Seiji" is a person from Japan, maybe PM him, tell him it's a favor from me?

20. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Heeelp!!!

Ok, here's the sitch...

While I was busy working with the SMJ Saber Site, I was suddenly sent out into a foreign country where I'm not sure of what they do to people who likes animes :eek: (heh, I'm in the Middle East) so as a precaution I only brought essential stuff for my existance, my drawing materials (of course :rolleyes:), my mp3 collections, and the zipped core files of the SMJ Saber Site. In the midst of the commotion I left my laptop at my home country and my whole SMJ Data Base, I am left without anything :dizzy2:
    it's a good thing I still have access here, I was wondering if you guys can help pitch in on filling up some character informations about the SMJ, SMR, and SMZ characters???

naming:
    Otaru, Hanagata, Hanagata's little brother, Baiko, Tamazaburo, Panther, Tiger, Lynx (Luchs), Lorelei, Faust, Ieyasu, Hikozaemon, Soemon Obiichi, Gennai, Goddel, Otaru's neighbors, Gemini, Koyuki, Marine, Fanfan, Dr. Hess, Yangming, the other 4 founders of Terra 2 (Joy Hughlick, Alexander Kissin, Wang Yongping, Virrey Medici), Hanagata's goons, the Cherry Fan club members, the Kreager Saber Doll models, Oka & Kikka Saber Marionette Models, Akashi, Akashi's Circus group, Liddo, Kamataro Hanagata and others too many to mention from the SMJ novel Shi, Muskels and Pescatore to name a few.

The SMR casts Lime, Cherry, Bloodberry, Junior, Star Face, Sunchest (??? Not so sure), Brid, Kyanni, Edge, Lunlun, Dr. Lizzetta and the mysterious blue haired girl in the SMR image (until now I still don't know who she is ><)

The SMZ casts Dr. Kitajima, Zero, Kuuni, Stinger, Omega, Pile, Hammer, Scissor.

I think there are more, can anybody help me? Any help would be greatfully appreciated.