Saber Marionette Saber Marionette HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by b-tuvs, Jul 22, 2007.

1. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

SABER MARIONETTE i

IMEGJI! IMEJI!!!

I found this nifty preview of what the new story would look like. :D

[​IMG]

It looks pretty cool and I think want one!!! :p

Can I make a crazy request? Since I'm stuck in the middle of the desert, where the people call animes 'space toons'. Can anybody help me get a copy of the first volume of the upcomming Saber Marionette i magazine? I'll be willing to spend on this, does anybody know any contact person in Japan who could acquire a copy??? I'll be willing to pay for the expenses so there's no need to worry ;)

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

The contact who sold me the set of SMJ novels told me to come to him if I was ever looking for something similar in the future. I'd be willing to get in touch and see if he can procure it for me.

It has a reported street date of July 9th though, so you'll need to reign in that excitement at least a month. :)

3. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

The Long Wait...

A month... yeah, I can live with that :)

4. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

More lingering Q & A's about SMi

IT'S IN COLOR!!!

I found this while searching for more SMi infos, it looks really neat!:D

[​IMG]

Can somebody translate this into a clearer English??? It mentions a short description about the story of SMi, but I'm having trouble trying to read and translate it.

■4 新連載第3弾
    あかほりさとるの最新作、遂に始動!!
    「セイバーマリオネットi~ネオジェネ~」
    原作:あかほりさとる 作画:大朋めがね

元気いっぱいで活動的な少女・セイカ。彼女の妹で、人の心を持った機械の少女(=マリオネット)・レイシ。そんな2人の姉妹の前に現れた謎の少年が物語のカギを握る! 新たなセイバーマリオネットの物語が始まる!!

Finally it mentioned some names! :p Is it really Seika [セイカ] and Reichi [レイシ]??? I'm not sure :confused:, those are the only ones I can come up with :eek: I was scouring the internet for more info about the new SMi story and I found some interesting pages that contain infos, the excerpt above was taken from one of the pages below...

http://anime.webnt.jp/nt-news/?detail=445

http://www.muhyojo.com/magazine/Hujimisyobou/Monthly-Dragon-Age-0807-8/T-5.php

If I'm not mistaken, it may have also mentioned a film concerning SMi :confused:, I would also like to confirm this. Just thinking of a new SM animation series makes me feel all excited!!! :D I'm still interested in importing a copy of the SMi story, so if anybody got a lead on how I can get my hands on one feel free to contact me anytime! :D

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Below is a bungled, probably inaccurate attempt by me to translate the above. Like most teaser pages, it doesn't present a whole lot of information - it's basically an official announcement spread. Sorry to dash your hopes (and mine) of any mention of animation - it's in regards to a new serialization (text likely, possibly manga). Nonetheless, thanks for sharing the pic - it got the drool running for a bit. Anyone else find the girl in the bottom-right to be very reminiscent of Lime?

(?) note the two sections of text that I had trouble with:

Third feature - A new serialization
    Satoru Akahori's newest work is finally here!!
    "Saber Marionette i ~ New Generation"
    Written by: Satoru Akahori
    Illustrated by: (Daitomo Megane?)

Seika is an active girl, full of energy. With her is her younger sister, a machine with the heart of a human (a marionette) - Reishi. (Something about a mysterious boy appearing before the two girls?) The new Saber Marionette story begins!!

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

You know what? I don't see it. I think the girl on the left has a little smaller, more lithe figure that Lime had. We need to figure out if they're making an animation or not. Us SM lurkers are all that remains of a dynasty. We need to convert others and a new series would be a great way of doing that.

~W

7. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

More SMi info stuff!!

IMEJI! IMEJI!! IMEJIIII!!!

Somebody has been kind enough to scan at least two pages of SMi, and it looks really interesting! This is the first time I'm sharing the images I found before I put them up on the Saber Site. There are some dialogues in it, but I can't seem to decipher it correctly :eek: On the last image we see Seika and Reishi meeting up with the main male character.

[​IMG]

- - -

[​IMG]

The story is about two marionette sisters, named Seika and Reishi and their fateful encounter with a mysterious boy.

Some translations of the name Reishi [レイシ] comes out as "Lychee," it makes me wonder if Seika is also a fruit name :) it kinda sounds like Suika [すいか] means watermelon, hey it's a possibility (right??) :p I have also unearthed one more name and I think it is the guys name, Yamato Ouga [大和オウガ] :confused: well this is what I found so far. :eek:

A New SM animation would be a BLAST! :D I just hope they make an animation out of it :p

8. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Questions And Answers

Hello! I'm back again to ask for help to all SMJ fans out there!
    I am currently designing new A.I. chat bots to be placed on the Saber Site that will respond like the real characters from Saber Marionette and right now they are all under training. I would like to ask if anybody can help me think of most possible questions that other SMJ fans might ask, and response that SMJ characters would make. Can you guys help me with this? You don't need to make a complicated computer syntax or anything, you can just type questions and particular responses that characters might act out. :eek:

You can choose what character you want to specialize in Lime, Cherry, Bloodberry, Hanagata, Lorelai, Marine or Apple. :)

ALL COMMENTS AND SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOME! :D

9. wertitis

Whoa, whoa, say what now? Run that by us again? Explain it in a little more detail.

o_O

~W

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I don't have any real experience with build a chatbot database, but am intrigued enough to give it a try with a character. From what I gather, our part would involve creating a list of keywords and responses.

The result would not truly be A.I. by any means, but a wide enough array of keyword responses would be enough to satisfy those who would fall under the ELIZA effect.

11. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

A.I. Chat!

Yup! The core of the program is the AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language), for short it is the list of all possible dialogues you can make during a chat. Every time you type a question, the program scans the information on the AIML (the list as I call it) and match the words, if it finds a matching dialogue or words it will return an answer. To make the bot respond like it is actually answering your questions, you need to gather a list of all possible questions and dialogues you can come up with to make the response more realistic, thus making the effect that you are actually chatting with an intelligent creature.

It's not actually smart, but if many people talk to it, it can learn. For example, somebody asked a question that is not in the programmed AIML database, the bot has the ability to record that information and update its database. So, if anybody in the future will ask the same question the bot would know what to answer.

12. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

SMJ Manga characters

I'm back to ask some help with the SMJ manga characters, I have been able to see some scans of SMJ, and I can't help but wonder, are there other characters who appeared in the manga that did not appear in the anime? I found one more guy named "Soringen" one of Faust's subordinates who make ridiculous plans to entrap Otaru, but fails miserably. Anybody know other characters?

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I will need to leaf through my copies again, but I remember Zoringen was the only character of note added to the Manga. He sort of fulfills the role Goeddel had in the anime series, taking direct command of Faust's saber dolls.

Hanagata also owns two marionettes whose names (if they even had any) escape me now. If I remember correctly, they get trashed after he sends them to attack Lime.

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I checked up on things.

1) Hanagata actually has three marionettes, "Marvelous", "Julianne", and "Lady Dadan MK IV".

2) There is a spy from Gartlant who has a brief showing in Volume 2. His name - Panti. (Lime immediately asks, "Panties? With Lace?")

That's about it.

15. wertitis

Which series was this now? J to X? I don't remember, probably because I'm making the conscious decision not to finish J to X. It would just be the end of a legacy if I did, call me crazy.

~W

16. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'm referring to the Manga version of Saber Marionette J. None of these additional characters make appearances in J to X.

And I commend your resolve to not finish J to X as much as I question how you can maintain your sanity without caving in. How far in did you view out of curiosity?

17. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Thanks for the added info BM. I have only gone through vol 3 of the manga version, I'm completely oblivious to the rest of it. Too bad Tokyopop can't reach my country, now it's out of print and getting my hands on an english version of the manga is getting slimmer. Ah well, that's life.

About SMJ2X, I have watched the whole series, but I'd rather not remember the latter parts of it. [WARNING: HEAVY SPOILERS] I think an additional character appeared there named Liddo (?) the fairy in the music box which Lime befriended. Too traumatic for me, just seeing Cherry breast feeding those orphans... Ugh! She's been soiled! I also feel sorry for Bloodberry, ending up as a slave marionette (or that sort). In the end they had to leave Otaru permanently, although I was hoping for some LimexOtaru, CherryxOtaru, BlooberryxOtaru or even LorelaixOtaru ending, much to my disappointment, it didn't happen. Otaru ended up being a single father for three growing young girls who seem to look like the SM Girls. [​IMG]