Saitoh Hajime's wife (@_@x)

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by That guy!, Sep 21, 2001.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Yes, sorry if this comes as a spoiler to some of you but the Wolf of Mibu, Saitoh Hajime has a wife named Tokio. In Rurouni Kenshin, Kaoru and Yahiko were debating over what kind of woman could handle Saitoh Hajime...and I was wonderin' what you guys think.
    Just post a picture of a character from an anime who you think Tokio would most be like and explain why.
    For me I'd say she'd be most like Motoko Aoyama from Love Hina
    [​IMG]

If anyone could keep Saitoh in line, it would be a woman like Motoko. She has the same interests as Saitoh of saber fighting. Also, she has a heart which loves and cares for others, and has a strong will to fight and protect. This is certainly the type of woman that I would go for if I were Saitoh, and this is the type of woman methinks he saw in Tokio.

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 09-21-2001).]

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

When i first heard that Saitoh has a wife i pictured her as a quiet, shy and tender women (Like Tomoe) but she came out the exact opposite of what i thought [​IMG]

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

That is eaxactly what I thought !!!

Beside I hate Saitoh cuz of what he did to my sano ... <sniff ... sniff> ... I was so close to cry when I read it, so it spoiled it when I saw it, < I might be spoiling right now this thing to some ppl ... sorrry [​IMG]> ... I mean if I saw it with out knowing that Saitoh would do that to sano ... I defently could have cried !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

LOL!!!!!! I can just see it now:

"GET IN THE KITCHEN AND BAKE ME SOME PIE!!!"
    -Tokio
    "...okay...eep"
    -Saitoh
    Can someone get a pic of her and post it?, thanks [​IMG]

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

wheeeeee post ressurection!!!!!!!

Fujita (Takagi) Tokio
    She was born April 15, 1846 in Tokyo. Her mother was a beauty named Katsuko and her father was Takagi Kojuro, a Shogunate O-metsuke (senior inspector). She had one sister who died as a child. She also had a brother named Goro who would later become chief prosecutor for Shizuoka, Hokkaido and Fukushima. Tokio was actually an adopted nickname and she was formally known as Tokioko.

Tokio was a personally attendent to Teruhime (Princess Teru). She was an extremely well educated lady, who would have been familiar with Classical Japanese and Chinese poetry, Samurai Ettiqute and Politics. She was also allowed to carry a dagger to be able to protect her lady, Teruhime.

She also served in the Joshigun (Aizu Womens Brigade). The Joshigun was a brigade made up of middle ranked samurai women who we're extensively trained in both the long and short sword as well as the Naginata and Rifle. They took part in the Boshin War. The women would put up their hair like a man and tie back their sleeves and wear hakama and wear the daisho.

She was married to Fujita Goro (Saitou Hajime) in 1874, and several prominant guests attended such as Katamori Matsudaira.

She was an educater later in life

6. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

What would you all think both of them, Tokio and Saitoh, would do in the anime or manga if she showed up?

I'd think it would be a never ending argument between themselves. One wanting the other to do something and the reverse :p

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

So, hold the phone Gensai...

Did the real Saitou adopt the name "Fujita Goro" as well, or was he another real officer that just happened to fit Watsuki's story point? I find it hard to believe that any records regarding his true identity would be known, unless of course, Japan was diligent at keeping files such as name changes back in the 19th century...

8. Lance Leingod

Now that I think about it, was there any record of his name changing at all or was that a different person? And I, in a way, copied what Baka said :p

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

hrm well his name was Yamaguchi Hajime, he later would change it to Saitou Hajime. During his time in the Shinsengumi he would also use Yamaguchi Jiro. Eventually when he joined the Kenkaku Keikantai, he would change it to Fujita Goro. He would live under Fujita Goro for the rest of his life as a police officer in the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

The real Saitou Hajime's name wasnt even Saitou, his family name was Yamaguchi, his father, Yamaguchi Yuusuke was an Ashigaru (the lowest class of samurai) if i remember correctly. The name Hajime means "the first, or to begin" which suggests he was probably the eldest child in his family.

He worked within the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department specifically as one of the Kenkaku Keikantai, or the sword bearing police, a special outfit allowed to carry swords in the new era who also had the right to kill.

some might remember Ujiki from the Kenkaku Keikantai in the early episodes of Rurouni Kenshin.

11. Lance Leingod

You mean the police chief?

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

nope, Ujiki was a member of the Kenkaku Keikantai, The Shouchou is the man in the glasses.

hrm as a note, Kawaji Toshiyoshi is really the man who sponsered Saitou Hajime's (Fujita Goro) acceptance into the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. Im not sure if he actually carried a Nihontou as he does in the anime but he did carry a sword, most likely fashioned after a French Military Saber like everyone else in the Kenkaku Keikantai.