Saiyan hair

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Novus, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

The Saiyans are a race of warriors who have the power to transform into big, hairy monkeys. That, we all know.
    The question, however, is why Saiyans are supposed to be so apelike (such as Frieza's boys calling them monkeys), and yet seem to have no hair below the neck. Wouldn't you expect an apelike race to have (at the very least) some chest hair?
    Look at the big names, Goku and Vegeta. When do you ever see any hair on them? Just on the heads.

2. username

username New Member

When they turn Super Saiyan 4, their bodies are covered in red fur. Not their whole body, but just most of it.

3. Novus

Novus Gone

Yeah, but I mean generally. SSJ4 make up a very small percentage of total Saiyan screen time.

4. The_bounty_fry

The_bounty_fry New Member

Hey novus, didn't you know that Napa had cheat hair, but as for everyone else i have no idea. maybe they shaved it and didn't grow back, but i guess Napa need sum hair, member he's bald.

TG: YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE... MY WRAAAAATTTHHHH!!!
    DS: And thinking you can escape mine is beyond foolish.

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Maybe only the females have hair there :p

Now that you mention it, the only character that I've seen with chest hair is Mr. Satan(Hercule), actually I think the Ox king does too. Maybe they all shave so they can move faster during flight...

6. Novus

Novus Gone

Couldn't be Ox King without a lot of hair.
    Anyway, one of my friends has seen Bardock like 6 times, and he says there's one in that shot.

7. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

I'm not sure what episode it's mentioned in 'cause I haven't seen Dragonball in about a year, cause I don't have CNX or whatever it's called, but vegeta mentions in one episode that a saiyan's hair is the same for life, it can't be modified.
    That rule's out all those shaving theories and all those.
    As for being a race of monkeys with no bodily hair.....that's not so unbelievable.
    We're decended from monkey's, and we have barely any body hair, and this series is set far in the future, so maybe by then both humans and saiyans have nearly evolved away from chest hair, as it is unnessecary and a nuisance.

8. Fushigi Rockna

Actually, in that bardock movie or whatever, you see Nappa and he's got hair on his head, a whole friggin' afro. And I'm not kidding.

Actually, Vegeta said all Saiyans have black hair when he was trying to prove Trunks wasn't a saiyan, so you probably just misheard it SonofBattles.

9. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

A) Movies aren't taken as canon, so they have a somewhat loose outlook regarding continuity. and B) Trunks is only half saiyan so he can have any colour hair, and it'd still be true. I'm pretty sure that's the way it is. Even though, in Dragonball GT Vegeta's hair style is slightly differant than Z. I've seen this on a few fansites as well, so....

10. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I concur son of battles...

half breed sayins have any type of hair...

full-breed SUPPOSEDLY never change style.. *cough* vegeta

DS Announcement: Posts have been selectively deleted in this thread. Please stay on topic to avoid facing the concequences.

11. Zen-san

Zen-san New Member

Anyway, you guys are forgetting they had tails and they were very hairy. And we don't know about in their pants....:dizzy2:

12. Richter

Richter New Member

I just think animators liked the look of clean chests for main characters and were lazy about drawing every chest hair line in.

1 person likes this.
  13. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

If they showed hair on the main characters you couldnt see much of there muscles. and maybe thats just how saiyans are. cause if u think about it, if the were hairy in the normal form than when the saw the moon the hair would grow even more then earth would be attacked by dust bunnie fur balls for monkeys.