Sandy Frank's website

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

It's been down for a few weeks. It's still showing up in searches, though. If that stops, that would not be good.

2. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

I dont think he has the rights to the show anymore. I may be wrong, but I think thats what I have heard.

3. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Where did you hear that? Has he sold them recently? He had all the rights to both BOTP and G-Force while the comic was going.

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

My understanding is the rights are for 30 years, which would bring it through the end of 2007.

5. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Well, now the website is not showing up in my Yahoo! searches. I guess it's gone. I'm going to see what I can find out.

6. gatch72

gatch72 New Member

As long as I have all the episodes, i could really care less about his site. Its no big deal to me. I have never saw any info on the site. I'm not sure even botp.com (abbreviated) is working anymore. I need help with Collection 4 for my Aussie dvd set..This board has been 2 quiet..Lets make some noise!!!!!!

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

8. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

I was just about to come here and post a thread on the revamped Sandy Frank website, but instead saw that my work was cut out for me already here.

I browsed the revamped website...............and aside from brief mentions in the biography/history sections, there were no pages up for "Battle of the Planets" (there wasn't anything up or even a mention of "G-Force" to begin with in SFE's old site). My guess is that SFE no longer has the show up available for sale or syndication (perhaps because it's licensed by ADV for their Anime Network...........if they're still airing it that is), or maybe something is indeed brewing within SFE and they might lose BotP & G-Force (if they haven't burned the master tapes or use them as coasters yet...........punks.) and domestic rights to the first Gatchaman series.

9. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I wish I knew what the deal was. I cannot get an answer from anyone.

10. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Looks like this will be a fateful year for the Gatchaman franchise in the U.S After taking note of your "30 years" comment Mark, I started to think how ADV's Gatchaman project was entirely released just a few weeks shy of 2007 (October). Perhaps the domestic rights may have had their days numbered and ADV scrambled to complete the project before then??? Who knows, maybe ADV purchased the domestic rights to the original Gatch series even!!! I don't know, haven't the slightest clue.