Multimedia .sav ??!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Zanza, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I've been having this file for a very long long time, maybe since I moved all my files from the shared computer to this laptop (2.5 years ago).

No clue what it is, but whenever I delete it, it reappears again some other time, don't think that it is that hurtfull.. I am assuming a windows related file??!

I scan my laptop for viruses and ran Ad-Aware, but no fatal threat appears..

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Hmmmm, sounds like a tough bugger....

Instead of just erasing that program, have you tried saving your important files somewhere else, and wiping your computer clean? That seems to work all the time on mine. That's how i'd take care of this. Hope this works for you!

-Seishin

1 person likes this.
  3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Whoa, I wouldn't go that far. If it's not hurting anything, why delete it?

Hmm, does it reappear after you play a certain game? I have several .savs on my computer, and every single one is from one of the games I have.

1 person likes this.
  4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, you're right. I'd say you go for that as a last resort or something. I have those that make my computer work like an 80's computer. So i went for that, and it worked. Maybe a different scan can work? If not, then you might as well learn to live with them....

-Seishin

5. Zanza

Staff Member

I don't play computer games.

I lived with it for the past 2.5 years, I think I can handle it for another few more years :p
    Besides, its just one file, so I don't think its that much of a deal; I was more as curious..

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

do you play solitaire?

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Why? Does solitare give you that program?

-Seishin

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

http://www.cryer.co.uk/filetypes/s/sav.htm

Apparently, it's normal. So, don't worry too much about it. It probably comes from a third-party application that you use a lot. In any case, don't do anything, not that doing something helped you much, anyway. =P

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, that's a relief. Although t could get annoying at times, it's still good to know that it poses no threat. Thanks for the info Izzy!

-Seishin

10. Zanza

Staff Member

Thanks for the info izzy :)

To come and think about it, I have an external HD and it plays the role of a back-up drive. And once my brother tryed playing a game using my laptop, but that was a while ago and I did delete it.