Movies Saw III

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Fudge_Monkeys, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I plan on going to see it this week some time. Mind you, I know it's gonna suck. See, one was amazing and two was mediocre.. So by the laws of scary movies, the third will be el terrible. :3

3. asunder

asunder New Member

The only film series to actually scare/creep me out. Saw I was such a great movie for its intricate detail and storyline. I'm looking forward to Saw III

4. Ailuro

Ailuro New Member

I never became interested in the Saw movies. They freak me out too much.

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I don't get freaked out when I watch movies. It probably will be the only ones that has ever. Well since I got older of course.

6. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I have yet to see this film, although intend to (hopefully some time soon, along with The Grudge 2).

NOTE: FOLLOWING ARE SPOILERS FOR ALL THREE FILMS. THE ENTIRE POST IS SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The first movie simply blew me away. It wasn't the gruesome parts of the film, o r the gore, or the violence. It was whole idea around everything. It was Jigsaw, it was his background which becomes revealed more and more, and of course, it was that twisted ending that gives you such a euphoric pleasure in the ending akin to Fight Club or Memento. Just sends shivers down your spine.

Albeit practically the entirety of the second movie was disappointing, I got the same feeling from the ending of this film. At just one specific point, you find yourself (well I found myself... consider this second-person view a first person view) just dropping your jaw and not closing it until after the credits. The build up to this point as rather boring, I thought. When I thought of Saw, I thought of the excellence behind the plot of Jigsaw's traps and yet the deaths in this film seemed so crude. The gun trigger, Xavier killing off one of them and even Xavier's own death of getting his throat slit. They all seemed trivial and didn't fit into the whole realm of the movie. They weren't twisted or demented like it feels the film should be. Addison and Obi's deaths, however, as well as scenes such as Xavier slicing off the back of his neck did serve such a purpose.

I guess I go into this film (being Saw II) looking for twists so I was easily able to take notice of things such as the boy (his name escapes me, sorry) and Amanda being the only two that aren't coughing up blood in the film (aside from the fellow shot in the face, who died much too early for that).

As for the third film, I've heard many things about it, mostly about how gruesome and stomach-turning everything is. My sister saw it on Halloween night and I asked her to tell me about the ending and it just seemed like the plot twists didn't quite stack up to as much as the first two films, but I will have to see it for myself (I personally always loved the performances of Tobin Bell in these films).

Something that confuses me though is how Tobin Bell has said he's signed up for five sequels, and the fourth movie is going to be released October 26th on 2007. I guess maybe he's expected in flashback sequences... ah well.