Movies Scariest movie you've seen

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Devil May Cry, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

What is the scariest movie you have seen?
    Just wondering if there is such thing as a scary movie.:p

2. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

I'm a big Horror movie buff, so it's sort of unusual for me to be scared about a movie I've seen.

The scariest movie I think I've seen recently is The New Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It really is loosely based on an actual event, if you know what I mean.

3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing New Member

Scary movies don't really scare me, but when I was really little I watched Pet Cemetary and it scared the crap out of me.

4. username

username New Member

!!!

oh yah there are scary movies out there you just gotta know what to watch. i'll tell you that you shoul go out and rent ( The Fear) its hecka scary.i won't spoil it for you guys though so later.

5. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Horror films, to me, these days are nothing but garbage. Out of all the ones I've seen, I wasn't remotely scared- just really grossed out. I can't stand those cheesey teens-get-killed: lots-of-GORE movies. I hate gore. It's not scary... just gross. I really couldn't STAND urban legends, for one...
    Anyways, a few movies I've seen that were pretty scary- The Others (rather suspenseful), and films by M. Night Shylaman (Signs, The Sixth Sense.)
    Shylaman is a really good director. Whenever I watch his movies, I always jump. They're pretty scary the first time ^^;;

6. Hikaru

Hikaru New Member

i'm not a fan of horror movies, so i really havent watched many. the Ring, that would be it, i suppose, since i can't recall any of the others i watched.

7. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

Finding Nemo

8. coldzero

coldzero New Member

"Hikaru i'm not a fan of horror movies, so i really havent watched many. the Ring, that would be it, i suppose, since i can't recall any of the others i watched."
    I agree with you The RING is the scariest movie of my life. And it was a really bad choice my friend made to watch it on her birthday party cause it scared everyone out!

9. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

The Ring is pretty eerie, but it didn't totally creep me out that much. We watched it at my friend's party, then one of us called the house and and said "seven days..." so I acted all shocked and dropped dead! lol.
    (None of them fell for it, I'ma bad actor)

10. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Um, either you are being sarcastic or maybe you're just have a few screws loose. :dizzy:

I think a very scary movie is the Exorcist. It freaked me out whenever she was growling. Also the old movie The Haunting of Hill House was full of suspence and you never actually saw anything you just heard noises and the terror of the main character.

11. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

Ring and Ring 2 .
    I made the horrible mistake of watching these alone :glazed: well the beggining of, I made the dog sit with me for most of Ring 2

12. Charlie

Charlie Guest

The original Japenese Ring is cool, very creepy...I've seen Ring 0, but not part 2.

13. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

heh. Iv'e only seen the origional, I thought the american one would be cheesy

14. Charlie

Charlie Guest

The US one is'nt too bad....it's not a patch on the original, but it could have been much worse. And it has a few inventive scenes and fresh plot changes. Still, I'm probably being too generous here!

15. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

Both. Definatley both. :glazed:

I don't watch many scary movies. The Haunting had some freakie moments. But it's really quite tame.

16. WanderingBreeze

WanderingBreeze New Member

the japanese Ringu most def... how can anyone forget that girl crawling out of the tv screen with her eye bulging from between her long hair and staring straight at you... <shudders>

17. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

dudes

way creepier stuff out there

-Audition -this will **** u up completely

-Uzikimi best description...Ring on acid (i had the mistake of seeing it in the cinema during the BAAF which screwed me up big time)

-And for oldie goldie = IT! which i feel has scared an entire generation of kids.

1 person likes this.
  18. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

Well..................when I was little..............it had to of been childs play......:blush:......I know, I know, a little corny, but give me a break. It was when I was 6 to 12. :sweat: But now, I don't know, I find myself laughing at all of them now. Maybe I am weird? :dizzy:

19. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I don't watch many horror movies, simply because I tend to require the movie have an actual plot. I heard "Something Wicked This Way Comes" was a very good one, though, with a good plot. Supposedly psychologically frightening. I need to see it, though.

Since the question was what was the scariest movie I've seen, well, I was forced to watch Signs, which wasn't really all that bad in the first place. And the first time I saw it was at night, and it still wasn't scary. More funny, really. Yes, I have a macabre sense of humor.

20. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

The Exorcist @_@

So scary >_<