Movies Scariest movie you've seen

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Devil May Cry, Dec 4, 2003.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Silence of the Lambs. Seven was fairly creepy too. Articulate madmen are scary.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is pretty much a myth (see the article at t he bottom of that page). It supposedly happened in Travis County, but the closest thing to it was the shooting murder of two mormon missionaries whose bodies were disposed of by being dismembered with a bandsaw. This happened however a week after the movie was released.

TCM was based more on the case of Ed Gein, a Wisconsin psycho who also happened to be inspiration for Psycho, Silence of the lambs, It and who knows what else.

He's scary enough, and TCM is prolly scary too (not seen it) but it certainly wasn't based on an actual event. It's about as real as the Blair Witch thingy.

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Ringu 2. That scared the living bejesus out of me.

***Ringu 2 spoiler***

Espessaly the bit were the woman is walking through the inn and she sees the woman from the video combong her hair in the mirror and its the smae scene from the video. Then the little girl walks in and moves the mirror with her mind, then athe woman looks down at her and smiles nad then she looks up at the woman and she stares with these evil look on her face and then she starts to move across the floor, and you can tell that shes not walking, that shes sliding across the floor. Then when she disappears behind the wall you think that its all over but then half her face suddenly appears around the cornor and she still had that evil look on her face. That just froze my blood that instant.

3. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

I've only seen the US version of The Ring..but I'm guessing that the original is much better?? Watched it on a stormy halloween night with some girlfriends, we didn't sleep at all. Then again, we never do on nights like those... :sweat:
    I'm not a horror buff at all, but the first horror flick I ever saw was...THE BLOB. (Don't laugh, I was like 6) It seriously disturbed me. The other day I was looking at an amoeba through a microscope in Bio, when suddenly it just devoured this poor little flagella or whatever. It made me think of that movie, and it just plain creeped me out.

*kitty* :catgirl:

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

For the Ring or even Ringu to be really scary then you have to watch it in the dark on your own. Now thats scary. I watched The Ring with my friend in a dark room and he was hiding under a pillow he was so scaried, but i thought that it was nothing compared to Ringu

5. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Ringu. Mostly cuz i didnt understand at all what people were saying and my eyes are bad so i couldn't read the subtitles at all. It's really fun to watch the ring when camping in the woods at night. my friend got so freaked out she wet her pants.

6. jindo

jindo New Member

Exorcist and Omen.

7. Amber Sunset

Amber Sunset New Member

I'm not really a horror fan but The sixth sense freaked me out. The Ring didn't scare me to much...but I'd read the manga first so thats probably why.

I don't know if its really a movie since its more like a Holocaust documentary, but 'A Painful Reminder' is the most horrifying peice of footage I've ever seen. It shows concentration camps after they were uncovered. It was a very numbing experience to watch it...

8. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I say: Why watch something and potentially shorten one's lifespan. Now... when it comes to horror movies I am pathetic. I mean, I get terrified even by phones ringing (sometimes). Practically every horror movie I've seen in my life (which doesn't exceed 10) left me shell-shocked. Films including Candyman 2, Freddie, Sixth Sense, The Others all turned me inside out. And most of them are in bright light as well for Christ sake. Now you don't want to get be started on roller-coaster rides. Can't handle those either at the lowest speeds.

^Shen^

9. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

W0RD, after watching it, and reading the book, I got totally freaked out!

I was afraid of going into the bathroom,
    I was afraid to go to sleep,
    I was afraid to stand up,
    I was afraid to move,
    I was afraid to stay still,
    I was afraid to go outside,
    I was afraid to stay inside,
    and so on...

The movie itself scared me silly, but then I read the book...which lead to me being freaked out all the time.

^.^ Tim Curry is my 3rd favorite actor (next to Sam Neil and Gabriel Byrne)

10. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

The scariest movie.Now this movie is so scary you would never even want to think about it. You would definetly never want to think about... you would probably never even want to watch that movie again...because it was so horrible....so horrific And that movie is Kaazam! starring Shaquille O' Neal. lol (common joke in my old school) :sweat:

Anywayz...i dont watch scary movies now but ima have to go with childs play...and that was when i was a child. I used to throw away my sisters dolls cuz i though they were gonna come back to life. I used to have a "vivid" imagination back then :anime:

11. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I dont really watch to many of these movies either, but all the Jason flicks made me never want to be in the woods at night, and I'm a soldier who has to be in the woods two weeks every year---Also, Micheal did ruin my favorite holiday for a while.

Victor

12. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

...man...you guys scare me...

I have never met a person in my life before today that are scared by films like friday the 13th etc...Childs play and exorcist ok understandable. But i'm seeing titles like Signs and The Haunting appear on this list which makes me think...

Than kgod they didnt watch films like Misery or Audition...

i suddenly feel as Ard as Nails now...

13. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

Oh goodie, i'm not alone! I feel better now :anime: :sweat:

14. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

I don't think I've been scared shitless in any movie
    except I pretended once near my girlfriend for a hug ... he he :sweat2:

15. raiko

raiko New Member

I'm a big Fanatic of horror films....

I like the movie The Ring...the japanese one....

Sadako mke it all complete...

16. Old_Coyote

Old_Coyote New Member

I don't watch a lot of horror films but I found The Mothman Prophecies kinda freaky(may have to do the fact the I hate moths)

Frank the 6-foot tall demonic bunny rabit from Donnie Darko freaked me out but the movie itself wasn't really scary

17. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

Horror movies don't bother me very much. The Ring was more weird than scary for me. The one thing that scares me most are documentaries(does that count?) on aliens. Abductions and that stuff scares me to death. I keep thinking every airplane or flashing light going over at night could be them coming for me.

18. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

He He ... Yer Documentaries count . :anime:

19. ~Sara~

~Sara~ New Member

I loves horror movies! They don't scare me. I watch them all my life!
    I think the best horror movies are Freddy vs. Jason and Jeepers Creepers.
    (In my school, once my class and I watched the Ring movie, and it scares them alot, made them to scream too! That was so funny! *snickering* It didn't scare me, I thought it was boring)

20. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

The scariest movie i have seen has to be Fear of the Dark.