Movies Scariest movie you've seen

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Devil May Cry, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Dante

Dante New Member

I could've SWORE I posted in here, but I guess not.

Not many "scary movies" scared me. When I was much younger I used to be afraid of Child's Play (because, to top it off, my older brother had one of the dolls and would constantly tease and taunt me). But besides that, no movies really bothered me. Exorcist was a joke, Omen was intriguing but nothing scary, Jeepers Creepers was a disgrace to movies everywhere... Friday The 13th, Nightmare On Elm Street and Halloween, all classics, all (mostly) great movies, but all pretty predictable. And Stephen King movies are only worth watching for A) laughs or B) see how they chalk up to the book. I guess The Shining was fairly creepy, just because it was Jack Nicholson (did I spell that right?). I honestly never saw the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, though the new one was pretty nifty. Once again, not scary, though. Same with Ring and Ringu.

The last movie that really creeped me out was Darkness Falls, though really only because of one part, as me and my brother (being the Oh-So-Great Movie Predictors That We Are) made a... miscalculation.

[SLIGHT SPOILERS]
    IE in the beginning, when the boy is pulling down the covers.. naturally we thought, "Well, of course, nothing's going to be there". Well.. yeah, we were wrong when we found ourselves face-to-face with a shrieking Tooth Fairy. That was an unpleasant experience.

2. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

I really am a hard person to scare. So if people can't scare me then the scary movies I watch really don't have an affect on me. So really I have no scary movie.

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

The scariest movie i've seen has to be Exorsist (the first one). I saw it when i was like 5, and it scared the ever living crap out of me. Right now, there aren't many movies that are scary at all, since the scary parts aren't scary enough. It's the developed mind i tell you, nothing will be as scary as the old movies, when they were new.

-Seishin

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I've always sat through those stupid movies just to hold on to my bf while
    burrowing my head in his jacket..but, one movie kinda scared me and that's
    Saw. I'm not a angel at all, and knowing if that crap is real i'll be the next to
    play the game.aaaaaaaaaaaaaa :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Movies don't scare me. They can freak me out some, but none have like got me scared. The Exorcist movie was okay, the book was a hell of a lot scary though.

Actually I enjoy watching horror movies, I like to laugh at people getting killed, when they act stupid. Like the Nightmare on Elm street movies, I like them alot. Who wouldn't love Freddy!

The Ring, was an okay movie, didn't make me jump and all in all wasn't that scary. It had a so/so storyline to it. Jeepers Creepers TWO was an okay movie, something on a BAND trip was a lot like that movie. Like somthing on the rode blew out tow of the cars tiers behind us and blew out tiers on 2 of the buses. It was awesome.

Okay the point of my post that really has not point in what I wrote above, the scariest movie for me would have to be.....The Exorcist or Aythville ( I know I spelt that wrong) Horror.

6. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

Uh...this might be odd. But the most horrible movie that gave me nightmares would be the Chucky series. >>

Well, perhaps it's because I own a collection of dolls, but I always seem to imagine one of them is staring at me when I'm not looking or one of them would grab my ankle from under my bed. I'm quite a pessimist so it scares me terribly. I'd even think I'm hearing footsteps. Ahh. Enough.

7. Rain

Rain New Member

So... uhh... would Barbie movies count?

8. sapphire_deity

You're telling me you don't like Barbie movies? 0.o

9. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

The scariest movie I've ever seen would be I know what you did last summer, but I plan on seeing the Ring and the Ring 2 soon. The Forgotten is a scary movie too.

10. Rain

Rain New Member

I heard The Ring 2 was extremely dull. And no, I don't like Barbie movies. It tends to get akward and stuff. o_O

11. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

... barbie movies are kinda scary...

but scariest movie, eh? *thinking...* well scary movies don't really have an effect on me... i think it's the romance movies that kinda freak me out. (don't ask)

12. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

Jeepers Creepers 2 and/or House of Wax...uhhh. :sad:

13. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It takes a lot to scare me. Other then that I don't know what the scarest movie is for me. Nothing really scares me. Can't really say.

14. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

American horror movies are rather...lame.

Ju-on series. Dark Water. Ringu. Kairo. Phone. etc. Asian horror for the win :)

- Teddz

15. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I think Dawn Of The Dead is pretty scary..it's been out for like forever and
    I just watched it :eek:

16. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Ring was the scariest movie ive ever seen :eek: . After watching Ring i decided to never watch horror movies again. :bleed:

17. Vogy

Vogy New Member

the scariest movie ive ever watches is: 28 days later!

uhh..i was so scared while watching! does anybody know this movie? :)

18. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

i love Ju-on! i think it was scary too, really scary.

19. sapphire_deity

I've yet to watch Dark Water. But I think it's the American version that will be showing soon. I've seen Amityville Horror last Saturday. It scared me at some part where I shamefully screamed at the cinema. =| I just knew I shouldn't watch horror movies at cinemas. The sounds are always loud I even feel the floor vibrating.

The odd thing is, that night when I thought I'd have nightmares, I dreamed of some Korean drama. 0.o'

20. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

um.... o... kay... lol.

but what was amityville about? my friends said that they ran out of the theater... and snuck into a hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. lol.