September 9, 2006 (The most important day for Bleach fans)

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Basher, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Mark your calendars for Bleach is set to Air on September 9 at 11:30 p.m. (et/pt) on Cartoonnetwork.

I just want to see what they screwed with myself.

2. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

God.. I hope Bleach wont be ruined.. Once Again i get to spoil the whole thing to my friends :D

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I will light a candle that night.

~W

4. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I think it'll turn out to be just like Naruto, maybe better though :)

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think Bleach will be one of the candidates for the next FullMetal Alchemist in the US. Eureka 7 got a head start and it's going preety sharp so far, so the more episodes they air, who knows, the more popular they get. And let's face it, I wouldn't mind seeing more Eureka cosplayers :p

-Seishin

6. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

From Bleach7

I think the voice of ichigo is alright
    Im Going to have to say NO to the voice for Rukia =/

7. Basher

Thanks Fudge Monkeys.

I don't know Michelle Ruff does have a few good different voices frow what I have heard.

Not sure if I like a Power Ranger being Ichigo.

8. wertitis

Hmm, seems our homeboy, Johnny Yong Bosch, has a resume behind him-

Eureka Seven, FMA, Grandia III, Wild Arms, Fafner, Champloo, Tenjou Tenge, Duel Masters, Paranoia Agent, Onegai Twins, Last Exile, Wolf's Rain, Star OceanL:TTEOT, GITS:SAC, Heat Guy, Witch Hunter Robin, Naruto, Xenosaga, The Green Ranger from old skool Power Rangers (Go Go Power Nostalgia~)...

Oh yeah, he was the voice of Vash the Stampede in the English version of Trigun. Seems a little too light hearted to be the moody & gloomy, yet somehow over zealous Kurusaki Ichigo. We'll see how he rolls when the time comes.

Check out his list of accomplishments here.

~W

9. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Actually, Johnny first appeared as the second Black Ranger of the series.. the original Green Ranger was Jason David Frank. You're looking at... one of those other stupid newer Power Ranger series. And I think that he would be capable of varied personalities (although from what I've seen, I haven't really seen Ichigo be "gloomy"...) after all, you only list what the series are, not the characters. If you look, he voiced Kiba of Wolf's Rain who fits what you've described (moody, gloomy and overzealous, which I still say doesn't fit Ichigo, at least gloomy is wrong in my opinion). Sakaki of Witch Hunter Robin was also a great deal different from his role as Vash The Stampede (and I would say closer to that of Ichigo... a young, over-zealous, headstrong individual; kick ass first, ask questions later).

I think Bosch will be capable of such a feat, but only time will tell, really.

10. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Oh dear gaWd! Think i'm going to end up crying, like I did with One Piece. Awh well. At least I have Youtube to watch the "better" Bleach.

11. wertitis

Maybe. Ichigo's personality is a little more headstrong than glum, but it's definately in there, esp towards the portion of the series discussing his mother, Rukia's Arc and, god help me, I'm actually using this, the Bount filler episodes.

My bads for the mistake regarding the Power Ranger stuff. You're right, now that I hear it I remember that name, Jason David Frank (three first names just strung together...). What bothers me is how YOU remember it. o_O;

~W

12. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Well not only did I actually -read- the site, but I watched the Power Rangers when I was younger, but stopped around the time of the whole "ninja" crap... I think that was the first movie. And, hey, Johnny was (and is) quite the hottie. And Ichigo acts more aggressive than glum during those parts, the only time he acts particularly glum is a part that hasn't even been shown in the anime yet although frankly I've distanced myself from the horrible fillers so I could care less if they had Ron Jeremy voicing Ichigo for those episodes.

13. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Well for all of you who haven't seen it, here it is: The first commercial for the new dubbed Bleach on Adult Swim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65lg2h58Qe8

We get a taste of Ichigo and Rukia's voices. Personally, I'm not disappointed, but then again I know people would hate the dub just on basic principle and say that -everything- is bad. Anyways, happy watching.

14. Teen Samurai

Teen Samurai New Member

15. Julius II

Julius II New Member

it doesn't sound to bad....the voices are pretty good in matching the characteristics of the characters. but i wonder how the other voices will sound.....that will either be the thing that will kill the english dub or keep it alive.....

16. Basher

I first couldn't get past Ichigo being voiced by a power ranger. Then I watched the first episode. Thus far it isn't to bad.

17. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

It was me and Aj's anniversary last night. COULDN'T WATCH IT! GAWH! I'll check it out on youtube though T_T

18. Chane

Chane Audience of One

A Power Ranger that also did two voices that turned out to be two of the greatest dubbed voices ever: Vash The Stampede from Trigun, and Kiba from Wolf's Rain.

19. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think we're forgetting the latest he's done as well.

Johnny is exteremely talented as Renton Thirston on Eureka 7, probably his second best role, compared to Trigun of course.

He did well as Ichigo, in the first episode at least. Let's just see how it keeps going :p

-Seishin

20. Sp1k3

Sp1k3 New Member

The dub was great. I loved all the voices except Kon's voice.