Movies Sequels..

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by *Fabee*, Apr 8, 2002.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

The idea of a sequel is a nightmare to me. About all of the sequels that i have seen sucked. So my question is to you, What is the best sequel u have seen?
    My answer would be : Scream 2

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Terminator 2.. As far as action movies go this was the best sequel for an action movie...

Now if your talking sequels that are meant to Be like star Wars an stuff they are usualy always good!

KaMeKaZi

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

To coincide with an old discussion, I'd have to say Rush Hour 2 was ultimate in the matter of sequels...

I mean, it wasn't only good as a sequel, but good on its own...I'd almost say even better than the original.

There is such a thing as a good sequel...They're out there... I mean, The Mummy Returns was pretty good, and now I'm waiting on The Scorpion King, not to mention Men in Black 2, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (despite the awful title, the scenes make my mouth water...), Matrix: Reloaded...and so on...

I usually find sequels entertaining. How else can you get more from media you liked. A single presentation can leave you wanting more and more...I can name a couple Anime series where the sequels helped out there...

But, Yeah, I do agree that sometimes sequels can suck the banana as well...I mean, how many Rocky's did they really need? 007 is making his 21st Movie debut...

BakaMattSu, I could ramble on all day, but I think I'll stop now...

4. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Evil Dead 2(who's laughing now)
    Aliens(the second one)
    Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back(the best in the series)
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country(in my oppinion the only good trek pic)

All these films I enjoyed more than their prequels. Prequels can be good things.

5. JEDI_X

JEDI_X New Member

everything drunk leprachaun said.

6. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

If your going to say Evil dead 2 you have to add Army of Darkness. I mean ya its the third part of the story but still it was great. As for sequels I have to agree with everyone else. I also hear Blade 2 is good. I still need to see that one.

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Most of the sequels I've seen rock. Particularly ones in a series, like Star Wars or 007. There's a lot of good ones out there, if you look.

8. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

The sequels that Im looking forward to are:-
    X-men 2 (I heard a rumor that Gambit will be in it :D)

and .. (thinking) im a little anxious to see MIB2 and Lord of the rings 2 (Viggo I love u):D

9. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Gambit is cool, but I want Iron man(or at least colosus...)!

The Two Towers should be good alright. Also Attack of the Clones has been getting good reviews, and I'd be looking forward to it even if it hadn't.

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I can't wait to see an Iron Man movie! The cartoon rocked!!!

I'll add one sequel to the list: Toy Story 2, I enjoyed this better than the first.
    I know I'll enjoy Two Towers more then Fellowship too ;) can't wait to meet Eowyn.

11. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

my friend copies movies*though i dissaprove*illegally iv seen this movie and it is sooooo good........GO TO SEE IT! :)

12. Dark Kaneda

Dark Kaneda New Member

the movie is RESIDENT EVIL