Shinigamis and Soul Society - Japanese Only ?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Suzu, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

What of the rest of the world? Hmm Is there a Soul Society for every Country, and their designated Shinigami? The weird thing is that Soul society customs, clothing, etc... are all japanese... What are you ideas, opinions in this matter?

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol...

well, I would imagine the rest of the world doesn't exist, or was obliterated in the year 2056. Meaning, Japan is the world. Which, I don't mind, it's really still only centered on one city in the 'human world' anyways. Maybe they should introduce a foreign exchange student to calm my fears.

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

You know, something just hit me on the head( a flying saucer or an apple, bad joke )...

As I was saying... During the Soul Society Arc, several characters of different Ethinic groups were introduced! TADA! So souls from all over the word , even animals are sent to soul society and can become shinegami.

Okay example Characters like Yoruichi, the captain of the 9th division Tousen Kaname, Komamura Sajin.

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Yet, even though I'm reading too much into Bleach, they all speak fluent japanese, and maybe the rest of the world dissapeared after some people migrated to Japanese Soul Society.

ANYWAYS! lol. I'm just assuming there are tons of shinigami in soul society and in the world working away. It's not like we'll see all 46ish survivors on Lost either. It costs too much to pay all the actors.. cough and animators for Bleach and we'd get a 600 episode confusing show.

Anyways again, would that mean Zennosuke is from America since he has such a huge afro? I think not.. maybe we will find out!

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

heh good point there Suzu! Lets say that everyone that enters the soul society will only speak and understand one language. A simple yet not very good excuse, because it still didn't explain the traditional clothing :p

6. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

maybe i havent taken enough notice, but I would just kind of think soul society has different countries too, or the souls, kami, demons & so on from whatever country hang around that country and do their stuff in that style. say in europe shinigami would be called something else and have broadswords or whatever, but would basically be the same thing.

i mean if i'd expect if i met a supernatural being where i live i'd be suprised if they didnt speak english, even if they taked like shakespeare and wore tights and a cod peice or something.

actually i dont belive in ghosts so that is academic.

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Well, since Japan was the one who made the anime, why shouldn't it get the credit? :p
    So what? Let the wolrd be revolved on only Japan and it's people, would we -the arab- would do the same? ;p

8. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I agree Zanza. It just would be too much complicated with the translation problems. Anime is that way very often. As in Terra II of Saber Marionette J, where everyone speaks Japanese, nevermind if you are German, American, etc..

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It is hard to tell. The anime is still in the early episodes. Less then 30 way to early. If anything I doubt Japan is the only soul society but if it is maybe all ethnic groups learn there.