Creative Writing Short story.

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Chance, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

[ Something I wanted to write about after watching a Wind Called Amnesia ]

It was a gust of wind, nothing more then a simple sweeping of the wind across the bareen area; One that whistled in it's travels, and carried a few severed blades of long grass. Reeds that grew along the plains with other wild plant life that seemed to reach the sky, so long and untended.

But with this wind, it came. Brushing over humanity without much notice, reducing it's inhabitants to nothing short of animals. Savage and untamed animals that killed one another without a second thought. This wind brought something that stripped all of us of more then our intelligence. We lost our very humanity, leaving nothing to distinguish us from the other creatures on our earth.

I experienced the after effects of this wind, the backlash of this amnesia that drove us to our downfall and I lived. I lived and I learned. How?

My name is Kaiser, not by birth, but infact by something more convenient. A word I read, the very first word I read in this land of chaos. Kaiser. I didn't know what it meant, even now it's somewhat a mystery but when I stumbled over that word verbally, lurching across it while it lay on paper before me, I knew that I was Kaiser.

I was born as many here, from the chaos. I was alive before we all lost the memories that defined us, and yet, I let that all go. I can't remember, so I chose to forget. For a time, I was just like them. I knew nothing of the world, nothing of myself. The language I spoke almost fluently was gluttural grunts and imhuman snarls, spoken only to those who got in my way.

I did as I wanted, I took what I could find and in the end, I was just like the rest. I was a creature of feral intent driven by hunger and lust and ofcourse, instinct. I was reliant on that instinct, and never forgot that that was what kept me going.

But even that wasn't enough, and I soon stumbled into something far darker then the world I'd known in my regressed state.

You see, I'd traveled from the town I'd found myself in, away from these pack like groupings of people who seemed to exclude me. I believe to this day that my real family died long before I'd left but more then likely after the wave of forget. Killed for food, or shelter..

So I traveled far away, clinging to the life I'd relearned to live. I hunted like the dog I was, feasting on small vermin and wild cats. Whatever stumbled across my path seemed appropriate for comsumption, and as long as I didn't think of it, I found no reason not to.

My days were spent in hiding, trying to avoid those like myself who wanted nothing more then a kill. We all needed food, and who was I to argue with their logic should I become something they thought to be appetizing? So I stayed low, sleeping wherever I could curl up comfortably, then awoke to the night and ventured once more. I loved the night, still do, because it was peaceful and lonesome and I could think clearly even if my thoughts were primitive.

And traveling wasn't such a hassle without heat and enemies to think of. And as I moved forward, I seemed think more. More human thoughts, not just the simple ones I'd been given with the passing of my memories. I could almost remember things, simple things, like the names of colors and the time of days. I reveled in them, reciting to myself the simple words 'red' and 'blue' and 'night' and 'day'. I was so childlike in my learning, relearning.

Relearning at a rate that seemed to be almost inhuman. Like it had been fed to me through some invisible tube, increasing my capacity to learn as well as broadening my vocabulary and understanding. I spoke, but also knew what I spoke. I dreamed, and could comprehend the images in my head. I didn't receive any hint at my past, but after a time, I didn't really care too. The carnage I saw as I reached my first major city was enough to scare me out of my curiosity..

[ Might write more another time. ;3 ]

2. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

This reminds me why I voted for ya! <3 It's great, I like your stories ^^

3. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Heh, thank you so much Ashika. <3