Computers show everyone what songs yer playing on winamp on msn7

Discussion in 'Computers' started by SaberJ2X, Apr 26, 2005.

1. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

you would normally have to play your collection on Windows Mielda Player to get the feature incorporated in the messenger to work...
    which would suck imho..

http://msnblog.stuffplug.com/wp-content/gen_msn.zip

this is a plugin for winamp

so you can show everyone from your favourite player what the heck your listening to ^^
    ain't that cool?

IT BETTER BE :twisted:

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I don't mean to scare you, SJ2X, but I *like* playing my music on Windows Media. Winamp... It's okay, but I never could get used to it. So I stick with Windows Media for my music. I'm even using it right now!

I'm sure that would be pretty useful, though.

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Then why are you posting if its 100% useless for you and you are never going to use it?

Anyway, nifty little plugin. Had seen it in the MSN 7 Final thread over at SA, but didn't botherusing it till now. Works like a charm after a little restart of Winamp.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Already have this plugin, and it is nice. I prefer to use Winamp Classic, as WIMP and the full Winamp are way too bloated than they need to be.

My only real grief with it is that stopping a track doesn't clear it from the MSN message box. I have to manually turn it off, or be perpetually "listening to" something. ^^

1 person likes this.
  5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Personally I think that little plugin is rather useless. But who knows I might end up using it..as always.

- Teddz

6. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

havent upgraded to 7 because i use Trillian. what is 7 like? i dunno about this plug in, could be fun I suppose, but i think i can live without everyone knowing what i'm listening to all the time.

I dont agree winamp 5 is all that bloated, it doesnt bother me anyway, and being able to write wavs and stuff is useful - and the visualization plug ins like R4. i love the "modern" skins over the clunky classic too, especially MMD3 skin which is so classy (esp in X box black/silver) and featured.

but of course choice of app is always very personal thing.

7. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Winamp3 was bloated as heck >.>

8. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

can't remember but I know it sucked and was buggy so i stuck with 2 then to my surprise 5 turned out to be pretty good.

currently i used Winamp5 for music, Media Player Classic (with Real Alternative) and VLC for video and Trillian for chat. I will super occasionaly use WinDoh!s media player 9, usualy by mistake.

VLC is exellent and has the best codecs built in already. It will play stuff the others have problems with. I wish it did frame caps (if it does i cant find out how) and then it would be perfect.

For ripping i use EAC and mp3 encoding WinLame, sound editing CoolEdit (rocks). because i dj at home on cd decks i do a lot of sound editing to make vynil rips, edits mixes and mashups.