Art sig maker

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Luffy, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

can some one please tell me how to make sigs and that kind of stuff like where to host imgages and resizes and over all how to make a one please :anime:
    MODS delete if u must or move to a better place

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think it fits allright in here, but there's other places I could see this thread in.

Nonetheless, if anyone really feels like moving this, should be for a good reason.

Now, as far as the sig making goes, it's all about your skills.

If you're low on tools, I used to use a combination of Microsoft Paint (For outlines and text and such), and Microsoft Powerpoint fora decent resizing.

Quick tip, to resize, copy the picture, and paste it on the main page of PowerPoint. Then, make it smaller or bigger if you want, you loose quality if you make it bigger, but not to a large extent such as Paint.

When you're done, press the button 'PRT SCR', then go to paint, and press CTRL+V (Paste), and take the pic out. Work your way from there.

For higher skills, you can get Photoshop.

As far as hosting goes, you can use a quick hoster, at www.imageshack.us

If you want to get your own folder, and have them hosted and saved, just go to www.photobucket.com

Make a free account, and host away.

TIP FOR NEWBS-To host, simply click 'Browse', and choose the file you want to get hosted. You will get the codes, copy the one that says 'Hotlink for Forums', and paste on your sig.

Reccomended save type if you're using low programs is .PNG

I put all this, since when I was a newbie, this is all I didn't know.

Now, I'm thinking this should be moved to newbies, so all could know, but I guess Art is the same too!^^

-Seishin

3. Luffy

*bow down* im not worthy of your almighty skills but will take them gratefully :D

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Umm, yeah, are you sure you're talking to Seishin?

My skils on those matters are -50/100000000 :p

I'd say talk to Zanza for starters, she knows her stuff on Photoshop.

-Seishin

5. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Or Wertitis! That is truly awesomness!

6. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Well I can't really make sigs...if you need a sig go to basher or zanza...but i can see basher made one for you already...:p (hehehe)

7. Luffy

yea she did and who made urs me likey

8. Luffy

dude thanks a lot i will try :D

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Maybe I should put something in my sig that says I am female RAHHH.

Anyway photoshop is EASY. It isn't hard to learn at all. Best advice is get a guide or try out the features. If I can learn as much as I have you all can too.

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Try also to use larger images. The signature requirements are small, but small images tend to look...pixelated, artifacted, etc.

A large image resized down to a smaller image makes a big difference. Color dots (pixels, if you will) and abberances will compress, making for a nicer presentation overall.

Also, if anyone's going to do work from a manga scan, I really do recommend "softening" the pictures. Photoshop does this in mediocre fashion, but a program called Noise Ninja does an excellent job of de-noising a picture.

My sigs tend to take me a long time, because I like doing different design aspects. Thing is, I usually use too much color, and .gifs can't handle too much of that. =P

11. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

NOT FOR ME!!!
    photoshop is hard as hell for me...
    I can't even draw something straight
    I rather keep working with PSP10 and flash

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I think what Basher meant was for photo/image editing. Photoshop has so many features it's nuts to know it all, and takes some time. If you have patience though, you'll at least learn the basics of making a good banner.

I usually spend some time on my banners as well.. but I just got bored last night and came up with a new one quickly. The one I used before was a .gif, and had transparent layers and such behind my username..

13. Luffy

ok thanks i have one more question where can i go to get my images sized to sig guide lines because at phootbucket you cant pick the size u want it just automaticly sizes it 25% smaller 50% smaller and 75% smaller so where can i go to size them down to sig sizes?

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Usually, you do that on whatever image editing program you use. Photoshop has it directly on the software. I'm pretty sure there's some decent freeware out there if you just search "Image resize freeware" up on google. ^_^