Smilies

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by TheGreatShinobi, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

as you can see no smilies,whys that? I was able to use them befor but now when i click on them it doesnt show and when I do click on it, it show the same screan but from the top.without smilies

edit: I can type it out but i only know 2 but still I dontlike typing it out
    heres the 2 i know :D ;) see this way it works

2. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

:anger2: :eek: :confused: <-----testing

Well, as you can see, the smilies work perfectly fine for me. When you attempt using smilies does absolutely nothing show up or does it say something along the lines of :anger5:? Sorry if you already specified this, I'm having difficulty understanding the first half of your post...

1 person likes this.
  3. TheGreatShinobi

no, when i push the smilies button the smilies dont show up in what your writing (thats only for me i think) nothing says any thing iit just doesnt show up.

but heres what it does
    1. i push the button
    2. then it takes me to the same page but from the top were i was writing my reply to the thread.(the words still stay there though)

get it.?

edit these post icons things still work though, you know for the top of the post

4. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

maybe you click on the smiley before the page gets loaded, try to wait when it is downloaded completely. I used to have the same problem but with other things, like closing the thread or moving.. etc.

Else, I don't know what is wrong :/

5. TheGreatShinobi

no the page gets loaded in a few seconds,
    I can click on them a hundred times and they dont work

oh no!?! the bold and under line and the italics dont work as well what do I do?

the same thing happens when I cklick on them.

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Maybe these 'things' nees a specific 'program' to be run with that you don't have?? I don't know, are they called plug-ins?

Maybe your issue should be reviewed by the higher people :p

(By the way, what internet browser do you use? i.e? FireFox? Netscape?...)

7. TheGreatShinobi

no i dont think its any specific program because i was able to use it befor(i used it alot too)
    I have net zero(hi-speed)

and who might those higher people be?

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I believe she means an Administrator, such as myself.

Hmm, lesse... Can you attach me 2 screenshots?

Screenie #1 - Your window before you click a smilie.
    Screenie #2 - Your window after you've clicked a smilie.

I have an inkling as to what the issue might be, but I'd like to verify it by seeing, if I may.

9. TheGreatShinobi

all right I ckilcked the smilies,on the bottom right hand corner (i just saw it) it says "error on page"

10. TheGreatShinobi

:) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :confused: <--- look, look

here let me explain I went to the gundam section to put in what mobile suit gundam I like and shen closed that one and had a link that took me to another page on the forum about gundams I cliked on post reply but I had to sign in again so I did, I clicked on one of the smilies and it worked, this is the page Im using right now, the post above me was the page I was using befor
    and that page still doesnt work, Right now I have to pages open and I logged into both of them,its like Im logged In twice

see now that I got off your site(only one page open now)and went back on the smilies dont work any more.
    all right heres some info that you might want to know(you know when you click on the smilies button they have symboles or words appear that go with the smilie you picked), mine doesnt do that any more thats why it doesnt work

11. TheGreatShinobi

Im really sorry for the triple post but right now my smilies work :) :cool: :rolleyes:

I would ask to keep this thread open just for another week so I could make sure my smilies will keep working :D :eek: :( :mad: :confused: :D good they still work i'll try tomarrow

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

umm, closing because you can test smilies in the posts you randomly make across the boards. any more issues can be posted should they occur. until then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.