Songs

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Novus, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

Kageyama Hironobu did most of the songs for the Dragonball saga. That's the real advantage to the Japanese version. Of course, in the dubbed movies, you get really cool techno and metal soundtracks (pretty sure I heard Disturbed in there somewhere).
    Which song from the entirety of the series is your favourite?
    I'll start this off by saying Hikari No Willpower (the Japanese Trunks theme).

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

There's like 100 DBZ related-song a nd there's only few songs actually in DBZ. In over 18 CDs of DBZ songs only somewhat than 10-20% of those songs truly appear in DBZ.

I rarely found soundtracks of dubbed DBZ cool. Anime and nu-metal don't mix well. Though I liked soundtrack of History of Trunks 'cause most of the tracks were made by Dream Theater.

Single favourite? Out of songs that appear in series, probably Saikyou No Fusion (DBZ Movie # 12 ending theme) or We Gotta Power, both by Kageyama. I can't pick a favourite out of songs that do not appear in DBZ since there's so many good songs.

3. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

We Gotta Power is my favorite and only Dragonball Z song.

4. Amon

Amon New Member

I don't remember the Japanese name for it, but the only song in the entirety of the series that I ever remember liking, even remotely, has to be the "I Love Mister Piccolo" song. S'the only good one. :p

Oh, and the song played in the Japanese version when Gohan first turns Super Saiya-jinn 2.

Yeah, besides that, the music all in all sucked, I thought.

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Kageyama Hironobu is awesome, in my opinion. My favourite song from the Japanese DBZ is Hikari no Willpower and We Got Power.. And from the english Dragonball Z movies my favourite is Pull Me Under by Dream Theatre.

6. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I thought Cha la... head cha la, was quite catchy. I guess that gets my vote although I havn't heard much DBZ songs

^Shen^