***SPOILER?***

Discussion in 'Akamatsu Ken Works' started by BakaMattSu, Nov 23, 2001.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Okay, I'll bite. Who is really Keitarou's childhood promise kept to?

I've seen conflicting evidence (especially during the last few eps), but I'm still pretty sure it's not definite...

What's your understanding?

BakaMattSu, one of those things that have been nagging at him - not really important, but nothing that nags him usually is...

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

After having watched the episodes and the Spring and Christmas Special, the conclusive evidence would suggest that Keitaro's Childhood love-interest and promise keeper is none other than Tama-Chan. Tama evokes a strong resemblance to the character of his childhood, and she has a wonderful personality to complement Keitaro's.....

[​IMG]

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Thank you so much for clearing that up.

BakaMattSu, anyone with a serious answer for me?

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well if I read and Understood the Manga's properly. the Actual promise was first thought to be Naru. Then they Said no it cant be Naru its that stupid girl that is always falling and geting hurt.. But then later on they Realize that It is Naru because all three of them were together but they did not remember it at the time...

So it is Naru. Or at least thats My conclusion... I need to get my hands on Volume 12..

Hope that helps a Bit..

KaMeKaZi

MANGA iS BETTER!

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Nope, I think that the person he made the promise to was older than him. At least 2 or 3 years older.

So my guess is that it was Motoko's sister. And I think episode 25 hinted towards this too...

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Where exactly? Perhaps I missed that...?

I was pretty sure it was Otohime until she admitted it wasn't....

Still....

BakaMattSu
    -------------------------------
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."
    -Jack Handey

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Motoko's sister LOL
    Unless you were serious, in which case sorry man [​IMG]

I was pretty sure it was Naru. Otohime was there of course, but from everything I have seen, it was Naru. You want evidence? You're outta luck for now.. I am tired

8. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Yay, I was wrong [​IMG]

I remember that they showed a scene of his childhood with Naru in it, and she looked nothing like the person he promised with to go to Tokyo U.

The girl looked a lot like Shinobu, maybe she had some relation to her?

9. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I figured she didn't look like Naru because hs memory was bad. He wasn't sure if it was Naru or Otohime, so his memory made a mixture of them both. It did seem to me that later flashbacks, when there was a clearly defined Otohime and Naru, that it ws Naru.. This is all just me and my silly conjecture of course [​IMG]

10. TamaKameKami

TamaKameKami Lord Tama

i was pretty sure it was Nuru to Otohime said it wasn't her......

------------------
    IwAnBo the grinning idiot!

11. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I was goona ask that question too untill I went here and there in this forum .. :sweat2: ..
    Anyway .. isn't tama the turtle .. :confused: ?!

Oh man .. I am really confused right now .. !

12. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Shame on those who haven't read what is my favourite manga ever...

Well, I've only seen the first few episodes of the anime, but when it comes to the manga, I know what's going on. Kei-kun actualy made the promise to both Mutsumi(Otohime) and Naru. I know this because they found a time capusle thingy burried near Hinata-sou(grandma hinata told them about it), which had a picture drawn by the three of them that sad "Tokyo U Together" and was signed by all three of them. The three of them made the promise together, and the girl in Keitaro's dreams was a mixture of the two. If I am wrong(which I don't think I am), The girl is Naru. I think this because when Mutsumi goes all delusional from a bump in the noggin(I don't know if this happens in the anime), she plays paper, scissors, stone, and loses on purpose so that Naru would get Keitaro. But, like I said, the anime could be different, it definatly wouldn't be the only thing different.
    Zanza, I think they were only joking.
    Oh yeah, and there could be some spoilers above. Hur.
    Man, I really really like that manga. I think I'll go read it again(but not right now, It's 2 in the morning)...

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Thanks, Lep, that clears everything up for me, and explains why the girl of his dreams looks like both.

14. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

:sweat2: OK .. who are they again .. ?

Ok .. umm .. remind me of their names again .. :sweat2:

Naru : is the blond girl .. ?
    Mutsumi(Otohime) : is the dark haired girl ?
    Kei-kun : the boy ?

Right .. ?
    If it is .. I think that I understood now .. :sweat2:

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ya know, that makes alot more sense....lol and considering how good his test scores are, it shows how well his memory works...lol i should have thought it to be a brain fart on his part...silly keitaro..*^-^*

16. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

I also think it's Naru, just a feeling though....:confused:

17. DrunkLeprachaun

You should all read the manga. It's fantastic, it's everywhere you wanna be. Also it explains everything clearly. Banish your doubts, read the manga. Do it. DO IT!

18. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I thought Keitaro only imagined the girl when Shinobu was leaving because they were leaving in much the same manner as the girl in his dreams left?

In any case, I believe that it was never clearly cut in the anime who it was, with the exception of Misumi because she denied it...just the Keitaro-kun wanted to go to Todai with Naru.

Besides, Keitaro made plenty a promise. There was one to the robot, one to his step-sister, one to Naru, and one to the girl in his dreams (whether Naru or not).

Ooooh, and thanks DrunkLeprechaun, I will have to read the manga...does it follow the storyline of the anime closely? Or does it go off on some differering plot areas as well?

19. DrunkLeprachaun

I haven't seen most of the anime, but from what I know of it, it's very different. And just because Mutsumi denied it, doesn't mean it's not her. She sacrificed her own feelings on several occasions to try and get Naru and Keitaro together. My previous post sums it up.

20. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Who has read the final volume and does the Baka And Naru get together OR WHAT!

KaMe