Star Wars and Battle of the Planets

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by elizabeth1, May 22, 2005.

1. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

I just saw the new Star Wars movie, it was excellent. I remember thinking that if someone could get around to making a full length battle of the planets movie, it could be as big as Star Wars. This is not wishful thinking, the movie reminded me so much of BOTP in music, melodrama, style and tone. I think a BOTP movie would be a big hit. I mean if something as silly as Scooby Doo which I remember was not as loved as Battle of the Planets could be a hit movie, surely a BOTP movie would do great. The only question is who will jump start the process? I guess it would take a closet BOTP fan who's a big star in Hollywood to get the ball rolling. Only time wil tell.

Liz

1 person likes this.
  2. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

3. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

I feel that the Gatchaman franchise in general's time has long passed and that even during the heyday of each of the incarnations (save the original,which DID get an animated movie release) that the franchise appeals to a niche market and would never be big enough to get a movie rolling. Also,I've been to many places,and just by word-of-mouth and without viewing a single second of it BotP is almost universally panned by anime fans due to it's hackjob nature (hackjobs are really looked down upon for blatantly not being faithful to the original material). I didn't mean to burst your bubble,but those are almost legit hard facts. Just like my G-Force will NEVER get a full DVD release unless I'm at the helm of it. :(

4. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Id query that, lots of people like BOTP in spite of what it is.

The Gatch Movie was good tho`

5. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Yeah,just like i like G-Force despite it's flaws. It's the nostalgic attachment,or rather a strange preference don't you think?

People refer to the BotP dub as possibly the worst hackjob an imported animated show has faced. Just by word of mouth they wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I've never seen such blatant hate over a dub. But most of those detrimentors have too much time in their hands so go figure.

But people can still rejoice and universally agree upon that the G-Force backbeat is mind-numbing. Yeah,let's take it out on G-Force! <sarcasm> :anger2:

6. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

one of us will have to produce, direct and distribute the movie.......this is not impossible if we make it a goal

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

There are fan shows and movies made all the time, including Star Trek and Star Wars. I've only seen these on the internet, and there are conditons involved...like not charging for downloads and crediting the studios. So if we raised the money, we could produce a Battle of the Planets movie. I would begin by asking the creator of Star Trek: New Voyages how he got started. He's doing well...the sets looks identical to the TV series, and they have Walter Koenig coming into play Chekov in the next episode.

8. elizabeth1

elizabeth1 New Member

Mark,

That sounds interesting. I would love to see a BOTP movie to completion, thanks for the input.

Liz