Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Kaiyon, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

STAR WARS

BATTLEFRONT

Wether you want to take on the CIS on the Clone Wars, destory the Gungans in the battle of Naboo, take revenge on the Ewoks, or simply conqer planets just to use the Death Star, Battlefront lets you do them all.

Story: As you may or may not know, Battlefront lets you take three different roles depending on which story you choose. All taken from the movie of course. The game contains the following eras for you to battle on.

*Clone Wars Era
    *Galactic Civil War Era

Historical Campaign Mode: Not much to say about this one, exept that they got a wee bit lazy on it. You dont fight as the Gungans, you fight against them. You play CIS for the first few battles, then its back to saving the Republic Yeah...right. You do get to fight cool battles, like Hoth and Endor though.

Galactic Conquest: I forgot the name of this one, but I do remember there are a lot of modes this one is played. For example, the rebels can take control of the galaxy as well.
    Every time you beat 4 battles, feel proud. You get the Following!
    Rebels: Overthrow a planet.
    CIS: Blockade a planet.
    Empire: Use the mighty Death Star

Graphics: Graphics are good, but could be better. All the soldiers have been worked on great, just dont look at the Sith or Jedi fighting in battle.
    Also that annoying thing they did to the text crawl.

Design: Gets repetitive, but at first, even the menu is awsome.

Gameplay: Again, repetitive if you play several days non-stop.

Kaiyon gives STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT a 8 out of 10.

Ewoks will get what they deserve.

- Kaiyon

Sound: Its STAR WARS. What can you say about sound!?

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I have this game on PC. It's fun, but it doesn't last long (with me anyway). It doesn't quite have the same impact as the battlefront series in which the game was based upon.

None the less, if there's a bunch of us out there with this game, why not form a match?

- Shen

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

LOL, I loved this game, when it was relatively new. However, it got boring rather quickly. Well, not really...but finding matches on Xbox Live was terribly schizophrenic. Sometimes I'd be playing with noobs (which is good, because I was one at that point) ... and sometimes, I'd get sniped right after respawning.

However, it is pretty cool to be a Clone Sniper.

1 person likes this.
  4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Enormously fun, and I was addicted to it for months until the game's population dwindled faster than a snuffed flame.

I'm with you, Shen - always game for a game of Battlefront. How about it, can we get enough BJP players together for a few?

PC version, that is. I can't stand FPS games on console. :p

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

It can be switched to 3rd person (on PS2 at least). It makes it a bit better. But i get what you're saying, a FPS like Battlefront on a console....."The Nausea Ride"....

Anywas, Great game! Like the main menu (usually playing "Imperial March) and love the gameplay. Looks a bit blurry though, but it makes a decent game. Can't wait for the second one!

-Seishin
    [Moved to Star Wars]

1 person likes this.
  6. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

Great game, but to short. Didnt take that long to beat the game and it was pretty easy. It would be more fun if you were able to control the jedi and have more units on the map to kill. Hopefully the second battlefront will be more exciting. It should be comin out soon.