Star Wars Music

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Seishin, May 1, 2005.

1. Seishin

Seishin Guest

We've all heard it in the movies, and some of us own one of the Soundtracks. My question is, do you like the Star Wars music? Oh, and do you own any soundtracks? If so, which ones?

I myself love the Star Wars music, i think John Williams is a genious for writting it. Also, i now own Episode I, and Episode IV soundtrack, and am getting Episode III sountrack this tuesday.

Anyone else?

-Seishin

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

The Star Wars soundtrack is great, John Williams rocks.

I own the Return of the Jedi soundtrack, then various others in my family own the others.. My fave song is Tie Fighter Attack, second in line is The Battle of Endor 1.

I listened to the Episode 3 soundtrack, they use parts of a lot of music from the 4,5, and 6 trilogy. You should hear General Grievous' theme, sounds similar to the style that Williams used for Jurassic Park.

3. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Yeah I play the Trumbone in band and we have to play the soundtrack all the
    time I like the music..I really do. It beats most soundtracks I listen to.

4. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Of course I like it. As Seishin said, John Williams is a genius for making it.

I own the Phantom Menace soundtrack. One of the tracks I like the most is Duel of Fates from Episode I.

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Ah yes, I forgot about putting my favourite song. I guess i have different ones through every episode...

Episode One: Duel of the Fates
    Episode Two: Accross the Stars
    Episode Three: Haven't heard it yet.....
    Episode Four: Throne Room/Ending
    Episode Five: Imperial March
    Episode Six: The Empeor

But my all time favourite has to be Throne Room/Ending of Episode IV. It's the prefect ending song, shot in the prefect scene! Doesn't get any better!

Just one more thing Guy, where'd you get the Episode III songs? Are they released over there already? Because here in Orlando, they're not realeased along with the soundtrack until this tuesday?

-Seishin

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

episode 3? Battle of the heroes XD

1 person likes this.
  7. That guy!

I didn't download it.. I'd never do that! XD I'm going to buy the soundtrack this tuesday as well. But, there are samples of the songs on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000850IS6/103-2597293-6396625?v=glance

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

comes out tomorrow ie tuesday...sounds neat. you can hear some songs online, me? i just load em up via our special order program and try and find which song goes to what link (anakin vs. obi wan comes up playing general grevieious if that helps explain).

due to my fiance being a big fan of palpatine, and it thus wearing off onto me, i have to join him on liking the Imperial March. Imps need love too ya know XD and well, that peice of music tells you just how cool they are, and the kind of domination your ass is gonna recieve. (actually, the imps weren't THAT bad...heh i mean, at least they werne't just conquering and leaving, they lingered and kinda took care of the place; kept it "loyal" and all. heh who could ask for anything more from a supreme conquerer that could lightening bolt your face without a care in the world?)

1 person likes this.
  9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Thanks for the link Guy, the previews sound allright. But I may have forgotten to mention, if you are a member of HyperSpace in the Star Wars site, you get a bunchload of extras. One of those includes a music video with the song of Anakin vs Obi-Wan, and I gotta tell you, it is nice. Also because they show you some new scenes of the movie. But I'll hold my final veredict until i hear that song in the final fight. Only 16 more days to go!

-Seishin

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, it's been like 3 days since the soundtrack's been released, and i gotta tell you, it's really good. The best song in that would be (like SaberJ2X) Battle of the Heroes. It's a really good song that i can imagine a fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan in. And the ending theme is the excact thing I hope for, except it's better listening that imagining. Overall, it's the best soundtrack (in my point of view). But it doesn't have my favourite song: Throne Room/End on Episode IV.

Anyone heard this full Soundtrack yet? Any opinions?

-Seishin

11. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Episode One: Duel of the Fates
    Episode Two: Dooku Mets Sidious/End Titles
    Episode Three: Birth of the Twins/End Titles
    Episode Four: Throne Room/Ending
    Episode Five: Imperial March
    Episode Six: The Empeor

As for the episode III soundtrack, its great. Fuffiled my expectations. I couldnt have thought it out better.
    Congrats on your masterpiece creations of the Star Wars Saga Sountrack Williams.

- Kaiyon

12. Raphael

Raphael New Member

I have episode 4 on LP. Favourite song has to be the main theme, it's just great.

13. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I was just watching Episode III, and was listening for the songs played in the soundtrack. Almost all the songs are the same, but others are either cut, or just completly taken out. Don't get why they call it the "Original Motion Picture Soundtrack", when only 1/2 of it is correct.

Now, owning all the soundtracks is just great, but some songs can really be a bore. So constatnly switching between six different, actually, make that 9 different discs (old trilogy has 2 discs each) for your favourite songs will get frustrating at times.

-Seishin

14. That guy!

I wondered the same thing back when I listened to the Episode 1 soundtrack. I really liked the song that played when Qui Gon fought Maul on Tatooine and was looking forward to that in the soundtrack, but it wasn't there. But later on an ultimate recording for Episode 1 came out which was similar to what they did for the other movies.. So I'm hoping they do the same for Episode 3 soon.

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think that may come along the same time as Episode III is released on DVD. They're expecting a release date of November something (about 6 months after it's theater release). Also planned in Star Wars Insider were:

Star Wars Episode III:Revenge of the Sith -PSP Game, and UMD Video
    Star Wars Episode III:Revenge of the Sith -DVD
    Star Wars Trilogy (Episodes I-III)-DVD
    Star Wars Saga (Episodes I-VI)-DVD

Oh, and don't expect the Saga pack to be cheap. Let's keep in mind that the old Trilogy by itself is worth 50 buckaronies, so let's expect a price range of about $100.

As for the Soundtrack, I haven't heard almost anything on that, but i do hope they release the actual movie soundtrack. Nevertheless, they're preety smart, because it's another way of making money.

-Seishin

16. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

hai, i love the soundtrack!

the Star War march is a song that plays in my head, especially when i'm wearing Star Wars appareal.

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

As a side not, I also noticed that the Revenge of the Sith games don't use practically ANY of the Episode III Soundtrack songs. On the consoles, all you get is either Episode II, or KotOR songs, and on GBA and DS, all you get is Episode VI and V, maybe one or two of VI, and Duel of the Fates. Kinda takes out a bit of the fun out of these games no?

-Seishin