Star Wars: The Expanded Universe

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Kaiyon, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

A little Question.

Ok. Having been playing KOTOR (still), I found that Jedi Jolee Bindo traveled with Nomi Sunrider in his earlier days.
    Now, Nomi Sunrider also trained with Ulic-Quel Droma (pardon if its spelled wrong, but i forgot) and became one of the most powerfull Jedi of her era.
    I was wondering if anyone knew either of the following.

Is Jolee Bindo in the archives that around the Era of Nomi Sunrider, or is he just...there?

Does Ulic-Quel Droma (when he dies) use the same technique as Qui-Gon, Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi to become a True Jedi Master?

- Kaiyon

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think all the Crystals and power cells (except color crystals) are kinda useless. A saber rarely needs more power, and all you need is good force awareness, and tighten up your saber skills. Maybe only in the games, where after you cut people, they only get 10 of damage instead of getting cut XD

-Seishin

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I just happened to have found an interesting little story on the Dark Lords of the Saga.

As mentioned already, Darth Maul comes back to life, but how does he die?

Well, turns out that Darth Maul actually meets Darth Vader. Darth Maul's task was to defeat Lord Vader and gain the rights of Dark Lord of the Sith. Vader and Maul have a long and fierce Jedi Battle, until Maul is right behind Vader, about to slice him with his saber.

Vader being part machine now, he plunges his own lightsaber through his metal part, going directly do Darth Maul. While dying, Maul looks at Vader and says "What could you hate enough to destroy me?..." Darth Vader then answers...."Myself...."

Thought some of you may want to know what happened with Maul, and also a little story between the Episodes....

-Seishin

4. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Luke duels with Darth Vader.....before their encounter on The Empire Strikes Back, and the enigmatic Kaiburr Crystal.

If you read Splinter of the minds eye, you know how the story goes.

In case you havent read the book, ill tell you what happens.
    Released a year after Episode V, this book tells of Luke, Leia, and Darth Vader's quest to find the Kaiburr crystal....an artifact that amplifies Force powers tenfold.
    While on their quest, Luke and Leia encounter the Dark Lord, and Luke barely fends off Vader after obtaining the crystal and manages to escape.
    Of course, the crystal's amplifying powers diminished as it drew farther away from the planet.
    Luke later used it as a power crystal for his lightsaber, and it sure came in handy...i think.

- Kaiyon

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Episode IV. Not V.

6. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Master Obi-Wan's lightsaber was always blue. He never had a green saber. Luke had a green saber in ROTJ when he self proclaimed himself as a Jedi Master.

Anakin's saber was Lukes first saber. His red saber comes from the emperior after he was fully transformed into Darth Vader.

Victor

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Maybe they too get to choose their own Crystals.

As for Luke making himself a Jedi Master, that seems a bit odd. In the beggining of the movie, he's at Jabba's place, on the message sent by R2-D2, he claims he is "Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight". But later in the movie, Yoda tells him that he won't be a true Jedi until he faces Vader.

He then only names himself a Jedi after resisting the temptation of the Empeor. So maybe green was the only color he found when building a lightsaber? I mean, he didn't build it himself, he used Obi-Wan's plans to build it. And Crystals ARE preety rare at the time, especially regarding Skywalker's conditions to be hiding against the Empire.

-Seishin