Star Wars Weekends!

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Seishin, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Star Wars Weekends is an event held at Disney MGM Studios every year, for four weekends.

In this event, about half the park is taken over by Star Wars characters, and the regular guards all around turn into Storm Troopers. It's almost like your regular Anime convention, but all Star Wars. People dressing up, everyone with lightsabers, the works!

I got some of the pics I took from there so you all can see what it's kinda like:

Even the auditoriums were held up by the Troops
    We had our favourite Trio of the Sith together!
    The REAL Young Skywalker
    We all know what kind of people these are!
    The new Hunter on the block!
    And his son, the coolest Bounty Hunter of all time!
    Our favourite walking carpet!
    Up Close and Personal....
    The coolest Astro-Droid ever....ever!
    We told this guy to go to the Cantina, 'cause Han Solo wanted to buy him a shot (poor joke...)
    Until the Storm Troopers had to tell everyone the party's over (Almost 8PM)
    These memorable fellers wanted to get the last dance....
    But one of the Troops wasn't happy....
    So he took the last shot
    Domo Arigatou for Mr. Roboto, baby!
    And as a finishing touch, Stayin Alive!

We had a great time here, since there was so many events. Special Guests were Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett), the guy that desinged General Grevious, and the Young Anakin Skywalker.

So what do you guys think of such an event like this (thoughts, comments)? Would you ever travel to go to this? Or would you like something like that to be done there? If there isn't already.

-Seishin
    (If anyone wants to see all the pics [There's way much more], send me a PM :D]

2. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

It sounds like it would be great to go to. Of course I would like to go to sometime. With all my Star Wars friends of course :D .

3. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

i loved them!^_______^

i would have had a blast if i went with you guys. mabey next time :catgirl: anyways, those were nice pics. domo arigatou for Mr. Roboto, Baby!....lol.

4. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

they really had to be pngs o_O?

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Pics were really big in size, and photobucket sized down anything over 250Kb into super small. So I had to host them on Image Shack (1MB Limit) so they could look all good.

I wish they would do something like this more often. These things, like Anime Conventions, rule!

-Seishin