Anime Steins;Gate

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Firefox, May 12, 2011.

1. Firefox

Firefox Member

I've been wanting to see a Steins;Gate anime since I found out the visual novel existed. Mostly 'cause I think Makise Kurisu is really hot, but it also has a crazy crazy story about time travel and such. :p

Here's an excerpt from myanimelist.com about it.

Steins;Gate is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN who has been doing their own research on time travel tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them.

It's also related to ChäoS;HEAd, if anybody's heard of that series, which if anything is even crazier, lol.

If ya google Steins;Subs you should be able to find it pretty easily. So, who else is watching it?

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I'm not even sure I've heard of it before. Mayhaps I will take a looksee around the old googles and check it out.

~W

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Saw the first three episode but then I dropped it like a bomb. I am too annoyed by the main "doctors" habits and the story just seemed sooooo slooooooooooooow.

I don't know, I expected more "action" and probably more drama. Then again, my standards for animu have been a bit too high lately.

4. Firefox

Firefox Member

I think your standards are a little too high, Teddz. Steins;Gate is pretty awesome. :p

But I guess it won't be for everyone, it's a bit of a cranial penetration anime, I think. It took me the first three episodes before I had any idea what was even going on, lol.

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

That sounds almost crazy enough to work. I mean, crazy enough to give the title a go. Yeah, I'm totally not sending text messages with my home microwave or anything like that...

6. Firefox

Firefox Member

Yeah. Sorry I couldn't give you a detailed write-up like some other people around here. :p It's not really my forte. It does have quite a few technical references that simply don't exist in its cousin, ChäoS;HEAd, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I'm waiting for Episode 7 to download right now. And you~?

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I am.

[​IMG]

Where the hell do I plug this thing in at?

~W