Movies Stephen King films.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Peachy, Feb 10, 2009.

?

Stephen King Movies?

1. Night Flier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Green Mile

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It (zomg it scared me as a child, too.)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Sleepwalkers

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Maximum Overdrive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cujo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Shining

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Thinner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Carrie

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  10. Other (i missed QUITE alot, had to add Carrie/etc.)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Dude "It" compared nothing to the book but I enjoyed all of his movies..It, Children of Corn(Sorry!), Cujo, Pet Sematary, Sleepwalkers, The Shining, Thinner, Night Flier, Maximum Overdrive, and until now I hadn't known my favorite movie "The Green Mile" was produced by him as well. I just named a few. Out of these, what is your favorite?

No. The movies do the books NO justice.

Out of them all..Carrie, It, Green Mile, Rose Red, PS (Series of movies), Night Flier, and Thinner gots it.

2. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

i seen a few of his movies but never the full show

the ones i liked was carrie, rose red, it, i seen parts of the green mile but have yet to see the full show.

most of the ones i seen are decent

3. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I prefer the movies to his books because Stephen King's writing style is as drone, repetitive and over-the-top as Tolkien and Anne Rice combined. It's like trying to read a combination of a 19th Century history book and stereo instructions.

And, it's Children of the Corn. Not Korn.

You also missed one of the best - Secret Window based off his novella: Secret Window, Secret Garden.

4. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I remember Storm of the Century being a good watch. Salem's Lot scared the bejeezus out of me when I was little.

~W

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Matt is right. Picked up Cellular or Cell...read a chapter and was like. Huh? I thought almost everyone died by now. Way drawn out.

There's so many I have seen Carrie, Cujo, The Dead Zone, Christine, Children of the Corn, Firestarter, Cat's Eye, Stand By Me, Pet Sematary, It, Sleepwalkers, The Stand, The Langoliers, Thinner, Apt Pupil, The Green Mile, The Rage: Carrie 2, Storm of the Century (I think), Rose Red, The Dead Zone (TV Series), The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer, Secret Window, 1408, and the Mist.

Thinner was the one I hated.

Stephen King is great. Scared the heck out of me many times as a kid. Probably will also my son.

But I want to be one of the few that do it too. Spielberg made it scary to go out in the water alone, King made it scary with family, friends, and strange creatures, Craven made it scary to sleep, and Carpenter made it scary on halloween.

I sure as heck want to make everything else ;)

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Apt Pupil, I forgot about that one. Ian McKellen's most ironic role. We watched that in our English class last quarter.

~W

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I'm kinda shocked nobody has mentioned it yet (probably cause its my favorite film ever).

The Shawshank Redemption.

Like i said my favorite film, but i've never had a chance to pick up the book, can't find it anywhere, will have to look online.

8. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Good call with Shawshank. Very good call.

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Never saw it.

10. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Lol. My bad. It's out of habit. Don't tell anyone! I type out "Children of the Korn" so much in youtube channel that it screws with me.

Sorry I missed some. Just put other. I figured of all I put the most popular. Also, I must disagree. I think out of all of his books i've read the most annoying one would be The Shining due to it all being a bunch of rubish through the entire beginning of the book.

11. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Sounds like basically every one of his books.