Video Games Street Fighter Four?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Peachy, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I think I am in the line of people ready to off themselves because of that game >.< If you go to my myspace (myspace.com/alwaysharrdcore) you'll see a video of me slamming my controller down and saying "Efff this game" and my friend having a freak out.

It's pretty difficult. On easy it puts up a fight and hard is nearly impossible for anyone I know. I beat a few good people on hard but Seth..No. Not happening. He is hard enough on medium.

What do you think? The graphics are pretty cool and overall it's a 8/10 in my opinion.

Btw. The movie "Street Fighter Legend of Chun-lee" was great. Some of it i didn't understand because of course i watched the anime and the story was altered a bit.

2. Chane

Chane Audience of One

My opinion is that it's hilarious that this is only "Street Fighter IV" over the course of twenty years and twenty odd spin-offs. Maybe I'll play it someday. But never buy it. Ninety-three percent of fighting games are never worth buying - especially in this day and age when they run you sixty bucks.

Street Fighter had a story? Imagine that.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Quoted for truth. I was shocked to find that there was more than the various hyper-turbo-super Street Fighter 2 versions. :)

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

My roommate bought this game and it just reinforces my dislike for these type of games (just after i was starting to like them after Soul Caliber 4). It has to be one of the spammiest games EVER!!! I can't stand fighting Zangeiff and Abel, cause all they do is use throws and body slams FIVE times in a row.

5. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Not a game that makes me any angrier in the world. I wanted to rip my hair out with the constant same attack-after-attack. It's like dude, be more creative. At least when you kill me do it with style you stupid AI.

6. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Welcome to the world of fighting games, pissing gamers off with button-mashers and uninspired AI since 1976.

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

SF II: Turbo, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Guilty Gear XX and SNK are still used in tournaments today. MvC2 is probably one of the more noteworthy with regards to the structure of the game. I never found it to be too difficult, unless you were playing against another player. Guilty Gear XX is one of my favorite fighting games to date. It's a very satisfying playing experience, wide array of different characters and model difficulty that worked great for moving me from CPU to player. It's popularity has been declining because of its age, so this year will be the last year it's in tournament. I expect SF4 to start replacing a bunch in the near future.

There's a world outside of Street Fighter and Tekken, you just have to take the time out to look and find something you enjoy.

~W

8. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Dead or Alive, Soul Blade/Calibur (closest to being decent though has more abused combos than the ability to simply button-mash), King of Fighters, Mortal Kombat, and if you want to get into more obscure or obsolete series, something like Samurai Spirit/Shodown, Fatal Fury or Bloody Roar... even fighting games based off of anime series can be, and are, easily abused much too often by human players and built with AI that, on harder difficulties, don't provide a challenge - not because they aren't difficult, but because they are difficult due to programming abuse as to actual artificial skill. And it is still beyond me how Guilty Gear could be used in any classification of tournaments unless lots of certain aspects are heavily restricted, as well as characters.

Unless you want to delve into the realm of "professional"-wrestling games and VirtuaFighter which are often too convoluted to even constitute one-player fun on any difficulty setting. Not to mention delving into a plot of nearly any fighting game is like the plot in the first season of X-Files - purely episodic.

9. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

And yet people continue to buy them. They fork over their own money and time to learn and play. Hell, they even compete in tournaments. Fighting games are evolving and even some of the newer ones are constantly changing, balancing characters and their moves via patches and updates. Everyone who competes in a tournament started off getting their asses kicked by the A.I. The difference between us and them, is that they did not put their controller down. It's Ok to not like a fighting game for its mechanics, play style, or even the learning curve. But for every person who doesn't like it, there's another who finds that everything clicks and has a great time playing. If no one liked the newer releases just because they were new, then fighting games would have died out a long, long time ago.

You don't buy a fighting game for a plot the same way you don't buy kung-fu movies for the plot. It's all about the action.

~W

10. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Hey! The plot behind Street Fighter and Guilty Gear was pretty awesome =] I must be weird or something or maybe it's because I am a female. I love fighting games but without a story worth-darn I won't play it unless it's a Seth situation (as in a game everyone is having a hard time beating and it's actually worth fighting random people and hearing KO! KO! over and over again to get to the main guy.)

GD I hate hearing KO! KO! over and over.