Suggestion- yu-gi-oh! forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by sasuke_aoshi, Jul 22, 2003.

1. sasuke_aoshi

sasuke_aoshi New Member

I suggest you add a yu-gi-oh! forum to the site. I know, Yu-gi-oh! has quite a bad name around American anime and manga fans, mainly because kids WB makes it look stupid.. But the Japanese anime and the manga are absolutely great, and have had a lot of popularity in Japan. It's rated T for teen, and it's suitable at that age and above, so I think many people here would be interested.

2. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

isn't yu gi oh for the younger viewers.why a yu gi oh board i bet you wanna duel

3. sasuke_aoshi

sasuke_aoshi New Member

I bet you don't know anything about the Japanese yu-gi-oh! anime and have only seen the WB version, not even the manga...

So how about you check the manga or the Japanese anime before trying to sound like a savvy.

4. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

I already saw the japansse episodes.

5. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Stop it with the bickering, kiddos.

- Ark

6. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

who's side are you on ark?

7. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

My own, as always. All I'm calling for is a cease to the bickering, as insulting each other is not going to get either of you anywhere.

- Ark

8. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Only a little ***** takes someone else's side.One should be able to support their own beliefs and points.:rolleyes: And stop the fighting.Maybe I should step in?:mad:

And I think a Yu-Gi-Oh! forum is a fairly nice idea.It's way more popular than Yu Yu Hakusho (although I like Yu Yu more),and should get it's own forum before it does.I guess only time will tell.:)

9. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

A yu gi oh board is just going to be waste.

10. Fushigi Rockna

I'm actually with this. :) I'd like a YGO forum.

You are such an insult removed. Did you know that 90% of anime is aimed at 'younger' viewers?! The other 10% is aimed at loser otaku. (and then there's like a little 00.01% that is aimed at like nobody and is just crap. :p) Did you know that when Sailor Moon came over here the older American anime fans thought it was childish and stupid? Listen moron, animes like SM got alot of people in to anime (like me and a gazillion of my friends). That's why I ahte it when people mock YGO saying it's childish. BIG DAMN DEAL. It's getting lots of kids into anime, in other words, the tradition lives on, let it live on!

So you can stick your head up your *** and that'd be just fine.

You are a insult removed. and learn how to use periods and capitals, please.

BMS - Control your tempers, and avoid mudslinging. Thanks

11. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

We have had this kind of discusstion before...and I believe last time someone requested it was rejected due to the fact that the admins thought that there were enough forums on the board.

Correct me if I am wrong.

- Teddz

[EDIT] Not all anime are directed to "Younger" audience. Take EVA as a good exampel. It was pretty bloody and grosteque. Not to mention, Hellsing, which was a pretty scary, and rather bloody anime too. Some anime types (if that was what you were reffering to) arent exactly to Younger Audiences, i.e: Occult animes and H-tai.[/EDIT]
    And Remember, No flaming around here, people have their opinion and views.

12. Fushigi Rockna

Actualy, Eva IS a children's anime. The girl I know who teaches me all this... when she went on an exchange program to Japan (she's asian herself and 21 too) she even asked the kids at the school if they watched Eva. Besides the two otaku geeks eveyrone replied with 'That kid show?!'
    Actually... Teddz.... er... :shy3: I hate to tell yuo this, but Ah! My Goddess! is one of those animes aimed at the otaku. Same goes for Love hina, Tenchi muyo, Chobits, Video Girl Ai and Ranma 1/2. not only is there the fan service, but you have the loser guy who ends up with alot of chicks living with him, the greatest woman in the universe happens to be the one he ends up with who he would never really get in reality. And there's the type of girl eveyrone lieks. Like in AMG, Belldandy: the sweet kind, and gentle type, Urd: the sexy woman :p, Skuld: the cutie, Peorh: CLOSE to the sexy woman but more mysterious I guess, and now Rind: the tomboy (if I'm not mistaken) Then there's ones like Ranma 1/2, in which you have a guy, who probably is worthy but still with gazillions of girls and at the same the show appeals to younger audiences. And then you have Video Girl Ai, but anything made that man is fna service, fan service. :p
    Japanese childrens shows can be bloody violent, or ultra cute. Eva is like aimed at kids under the age of 12, it just appealed to Japanese otkau because it had big robots like creatures :) Tis why Anno was REALLY pissed off when he got the death threats, it was just a damn kids show.
    And GAINAX shoved in most of that stuff in the last minute. ~_^

Oy, I could explain all day but I'd rather not. I hate playing teacher >< and yet I do like to at the same time.

If you still don't believe me, I'll get my sources and copy and paste her words. she cna explain stuff so much easier than me.

13. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

i wouldn't call Eva a kids show, it freaked me out when i watched it and i was 15.

i think a Yu-Gi-Oh forum is a good idea, i want to put out my death threats to Joey.

14. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

are you for real?

Don't get schooled son i already knew all that insult removed and the reason i don't use capitals and periods is because i don't feel like it.listen insult removed, can you get banned for not using periods and capitals?calm down yu gi oh is not your dad so stop defending it like if it were.

BMS - No, you can't get banned for not using periods or capitals. But you can for ignoring repeated warnings from Moderators to stop your flaming. Temp Ban issued. Have a nice time.

15. Solo

Solo New Member

death threats to Joey? but why~ i like him~ So yeah, a YGO forum would be kewl~ i like the manga alot, but i cant say the same for the american anime. Never actually seen the Jap version tho. So yeah! YGO forum please! ^^

16. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Off subject, but it's true that Eva was aimed for the younger audiences of Japan, but the director eventually ****ed it up and turned it into a psychological thriller. This was the reason why a lot of parents in Japan phoned in complaints.

Back to the subject. Even though I take almost no participation on this forum any more, I am against any anime based on saving the world by play something as stupid a a ****ing card game. This show is as bad a Hamtaro in my opinion, it has no plot, and even if it did, it's sooooo ****ing stupid that you drop 10 IQ for even trying to understand it.

Yu-Gi-Oh is basically entering the world of a fanatic card game player who has no life and thinks he's the ****ing king of the world when he plays card games, (thus the reason why stupid yugi turns into that adult version of himself)

Yu-Gi-Oh is a horrible horrible show in my opinion and goes into the trash heap anime along with DBZ and Gundam Wing, and I hope a Yu-Gi-Oh forum never does come around on this site.

17. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Re: are you for real?

Weren't you already warned about your behavior? You've had enough warnings. When BMS logs on next, he'll be banning you. Have a good night.

- Ark

18. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

-Off topic-

Notice my OTAKU on my custom title? :p

But we will see what our dear admin can do about a Yu Gi Oh forum....

hmmm...might ask for an Aa! Megami-sama forum too....:rolleyes:

- Teddz

19. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

With the support of Yu-Gi-Oh versus Yu Yu Hakusho, I will say that Yu Yu appears to have more, and if either gets created, it looks like Yu Yu would get first dibs.

Stay on topic here. This thread is for support or disapproval of the new forum, not the discussion of what classifies as "children's anime" or "Otaku" in Japan.

20. tea

tea Guest

I like yu-gi-oh!

I know yu-gi-oh is a little bit easy to understand(somebody may

say st***d); however it is really popular and good!

:sweat: :sweat: