Suggestion- yu-gi-oh! forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by sasuke_aoshi, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

couldnt agree more. i vote NO yu gi oh forum:cool:

2. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Hey it is a good idea for a Yu-Gi-Oh! forum, b/c there is a lot of things to talk about with Yu-Gi-Oh! You have the card game, the manga, and the anime in Japanese and American versions. I vote Yes, plz god yes! I like the show the card game is kinda better then the show, tho. I like to play the game, and I have read some of the mangas. So I say lets have one plz, but that is up to the admins and mods. I have said my opinion.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I have to say something. I read this thread and I find some posting very disrespectful to YGO and M2A. If I see anymore I won't be hesitant to give you a bad reputation. Please state your opinion and not blast people. It just looks bad on you.

With that said, I am for a YuGiOh forum. YGO is growing in America. I watched it when it first was aired. A year later there are magazines, card games, tournaments, and etc. I think YGO Forum would be an asset to M2A.

I actually hope for something more. Maybe putting all what most members would determine Anime for the younger aged together. Maybe Yu Gi Oh & more. It would contain YGO, Beyblade, Pokemon, and Digimon. I think it would appeal to some members. The Beyblade thread I started did do fairly well. I have seen other YGO threads that are not to bad.

M2A has more younger members then older if you look at the Age Poll thread. The dubbed version of YGO is childish. I have watched both dubbed and subbed. I like subbed better. YGO Manga is way different then the Anime. Most people probably don't know that. I know a lot of members have played a Pokemon game wither it was sapphire, ruby, yellow, or whatever. I think because of the growing popularity of these Anime it would be a good edition to M2A plus it would appeal to the younger M2A members.

For those who don't like the thread don't go there.

I will admit it I watch all these shows. :D I am for a YGO forum.

4. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I have to jump on the YGO band wagon as well. This particular anime has boomed big time in the states.
    I think having this forum will also bring us more younger members who are looking for a place to discuss the card playing tactics. I see no harm in a YGO forum.

Victor

5. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I like the show and manga which is worth my umteen hours of unused time. So I would say this would make a great forum. I support

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i'm actually with basher on this. a combined forum of the similar collectable-type anime would be really good. then, when the next one hits, there's already a place for it (like oh, aquarian age).

7. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

My sentiments exactly....I used to like this, but now I just can't stand it...

8. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I think this makes a lot of sense. This way, when and if YGO does falter and the newest crave hits the youth of the world--we wont have to start a new section.

I am in favor of a general forum for said topics...

Victor

9. Basher

I am glad a few of you like this idea. I wasn't sure if anyone would like it. Hopefully it can be anime rated G and PG 13. Trust me there is alot.

Here is a small list of what I could find that would be in this forum.
    Yu-Gi-Oh
    Pokemon
    Beyblade
    Digimon
    Shaman King (just because there isn't a forum for it)
    Megaman
    Totally Spies (I think this may be CLAMP)
    Hamtaro
    Zoids and Zoids: Chaotic Century
    Duel Masters (I am not sure on this one)
    Diagundar

I know there are probably tons more.

10. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Well, first off, to those of you with low opinions of Yu-Gi-Oh!: I don't have a lot of respect for DBZ, but I don't have any problem with there being a forum for it, you know? The fact is that YGO has enough of a fanbase to warrant discussion. Look at it like this: having a specific place to discuss it, and similar shows, would keep those topics to a minimum in more general forums, and thus keep the whole thing out of your hair. ^^

Second, while YGO is not on my list of top favorites, it does have some things going for it. For one, the manga - while occasionally a bit silly and at times outright weird, the plot is more mature and there are some good themes in it (personal growth, friendship, etc - I also like the fact that Yugi began as a wimpy social reject XD). And, to it's credit, YGO did not start out with the focus on the card game. The manga deals with MANY games, from games of chance to cards to strategy to puzzles to RPGs. However, Japanese fans liked the card game idea so much that it became a central theme. Unfortunately, the anime (and especially the dubbed version) emphasize this to the point that it looks like nothing but a shameless marketing ploy.

I'd certainly have an interest in a YGO forum, or a mixed forum for YGO, Pokemon, and other series. There is NOTHING wrong with anime for younger viewers; if you don't like it, no one will make you watch it or discuss it. But just the fact that it's not pitched to older teens does NOT invalidate it as a worthy topic. (Example: the original Pokemon videogames were very high-quality games for their time. They're a good, well-rounded mix of creature-raiser and RPG, and dammit, it pisses me off that many people dismiss them as juvenile just because of the dub version of the anime.)

11. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

No this is made my the french it is just animeesque

12. DragonSlaveVivi

DragonSlaveVivi New Member

Well, heres my two cents......

I myself used to like Yu-Gi-Oh!, but ever scince i started keeping track of the ****-load of money I spent on the cards I couldnt bare it anymore.

However, I feel the board should add as many of the requested forum sections as they can, without overloading it. I have suggested a "Full Metal Panic!" forum in the past but was rejected. Ever scince then I would watch one of the episodes of this new favorite show of mine, and wish I could talk about it somewhere, but I have no place to put my thoughts in about my feelings on this and other shows not mentioned on the forums. (which is what forums should be all about :anger2: )

Now I am not trying to dis or act superior to the moderators, but I suggest some sort of sorting, besides one page of about only 20 alphebetical subjects.

-thanx :sweat2:

13. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i think a yu-gi-oh forum is a great idea.
    i am in favor.
    the american anime is so different than the manga.
    besides its just someones opinion so don't overreact.
    kay.
    my sayings

14. Basher

That is really easy to fix. Close them and send warnings. I think now most have agreed on a combined Younger Anime thread. BTW DBZ has cards and you don't see that going all postal.

15. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

There I was thinking the Anime Forum wasn't just there for decoration.. How foolish of me.

We have tried sorting by genres, but it was not successful. Cloud (or BakaMattSu, I cannot recall correctly right now) started a thread in this very forum asking for suggestions on the sorting system for forums. If you think you have a good idea, post so. If not...

16. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Simple solution: Make a "What's your favorite YGO card?" thread, and make it sticky. Problem solved.

Besides, it'd be no worse than the "so-and-so is cool/hot/cute!!!" threads in the Inuyasha forum.

Err... then why are there so many forums for anime, if they don't offer much discussion matter?

Well, then make it a "collectible-themed" forum. That gives you Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and basically anything else that has a huge list of merchandise or creatures central to the plot. I would think that'd actually be good overall, because many of these related products have a large following and a reasonable amount of strategy to discuss in addition to the actual anime.

17. Basher

First off all anime can be discussed for example what is your fav. YGO card? :p

And if you really want to see a .hack forum post a suggestion or reply to that one.

I completely agree with a thread that deals with Anime that goes for younger generation. Plus members could also get help on any of the games if it is needed. Or wuestions asked about the shows they watch. I for one watch a lot of these shows. I wouldn't mind particapting in a forum which features these anime. I made a Beyblade thread it did pretty good. The YGO thread that I have seen is also doing fairly well. It would be also less to deal with in the Anime Forum.

I am for a combined thread for the younger anime viewing generation.

Basher