Movies Super Man Returns

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Fudge_Monkeys, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Well i saw it last night it was great movie kinda dissapointed me in the end... Not very many like actual fights in it

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Kevin Spacey made a badass Lex. They did a good job casting this flick. Know what my favorite part was?

The Spider Man 3 Preview at the start. :3

~W

3. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Yeah, I liked it. Wasn't Christopher Reeves, but noone will be like the original in my eyes.

4. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

OK off the laptop lemme rephrase all the crap i said

Any Ways I went to buy tickjets at 6:00 with My Brother and 2 friends. A radio Station was giving away free tickets for the 7:00 one Which was a Imax one. One of my friends and my brother had other friends comming along so we got one of the free tickets and gave it to my other friend then we went to eat dinner and do a bunch of crap till it was 9:45 than we headed over to the theatre to watch superman which was not imax and wasnt a free either. the People that told my brother and my friend that they were going to come ended up not comming so we got screwd over and could of went to watch the imax one for free

We didnt get the spider man thing i think only the Imax theatres got it

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I loved the Superman movie. It was well directed, well made, and well kept. Routh did a good job in Christopher Reeve's absence, and in some scenes, I really would not have been able to tell the difference in acting, stature, and voice...especially when Superman was in Clark-mode.

That said, Kevin Spacey was awesome. He changed the original Lex Luthor into just enough cynical evil that it made sense, while sticking to the original's character (remember, Lex was part comedic relief too, sometimes in the originals). Kate Bosworth was great as Louis. Cyclo--anyway, he was okay, but he looked goofy without anything in front of his eyes.

Now, the movie itself...I agree that there wasn't enough "action". In fact, the whole movie's action sequences total ONE. ONE. And I think that's...perfect. Even though Superman's, well, Superman...he would never make a good action movie. Why? The particular Superman we see in the movie adaptations is essentially OMNIPOTENT. Fights and such would be NOT fun, and Bryan Singer said enough. It wasn't the outer struggle that makes Superman in this movie, it's his inner struggle. And that made the movie great, it made him seem...human, instead of this paragon of invincibility, who's only weakness we see is in Clark Kent.

I think a lot of people were disappointed, because they were going in to see some butt-kicking. I knew Singer was going to take it a new direction, and conceded and looked forward to it. But that's probably jsut me.

I'll watch it again...definitely.

P.S.: Who else thought Superman's Moonboots were funny as hell? It looks like he taped some Air Jordans to his boots! HAHAHAH!

P.P.S.: Everyone caught that Action Comics #1 reference right?

P.P.P.S.: The original Louis was in the move too! She was in the beginning! :)

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Yay Spidey! I was waiting for this trailer!

Everyone cheered for good ol' Spiderman's trailer. Not to mention the fact that the plot looks like it's going to be fantastic, again, and not only the Hobgobling, but also the Sandman, and to rule it, Venom (Coolest mofo ever!) are in it!

I love the quote--

"How long can a man fight darkness, until darkness gets to him?"

and of course at the end, followed by that big 3.

Going into the main event of course, one of my brother's didn't like it, claiming that it was missing plot, and saying that Batman Begins was better because it had a great story.

Well, the reason why I loved this movie, is because it's just like the old movies. Especially the beggining credits.

The movies is flat out fun, and it always keeps you in suspense.

DISSAPOINTENT-Considering today, Superman didn't show off superflying enough.

-Seishin

7. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Saw it again last night with a different set of friends. Anyone else notice that Louis' kid was wearing Aquaman Pajamas?

And everyone knows Aquaman pwns all.

I missed the the action comics number one refrence. Where was that at?

~W

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

When Superman put down Kitt's '65 Mustang on the ground nose first. The whole pose was supposed to be a nod to:
    http://www.allstarauctions.net/images/action.jpg

Yeah, not exactly the same, but...you get the idea.

Anyone else see Louis?