RPG Archives Superior Species- The Elixir of Life Saga: In Game Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Basher, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

“Honestly Adam,” Lynx said in the passenger side of the roadster. “I don’t really see why we have to rush back”

“When the Leader calls we have to go back,” Adam replied. “You know that.” He steered the cherry red convertible down the cliff’s curvy road.

Lynx sighed. She glanced at the speed odometer. He was doing over 190 mph. She sat back in her seat. Not worrying as he drifted around the tight turns. “We were just about ready to hunt…” Her voice trailed off as low animal howling pierced the air. Another howling started after the first.

The howling wasn’t from their clan. It was low for they were so far away. ‘What’s going on?’ Lynx thought. ‘Something must be happening.’ She listened as another howling started. Her hazel eyes enlarged as she realized what was happening. Her hand cuffed her chin. ‘Every clan was calling their members for a meeting. But for what reason?’

“What’s going on Adam?” Lynx said finally looking at him.

“I don’t know. But I think we should hurry,” He replied not looking at her. His hands gripped the steering wheel. He pressed the pedal to the ground. The speed odometer jumped past 230 mph and kept on climbing. Adam swung the car around the curve easily drifting at a top speed. He had improved reflexes making the turn appear easy.

Rock and dirt were kicked off the cliff by the cars tires. Lynx glanced down below. It was an easily a fifty foot drop. It wouldn’t be to fun if they fell. She gave off a half smile to the ground below.

She felt a strange sensation. It was her sword, Jyasatsuji. It was calling. Something was nearby. She gave off another half smile delighted that it was time to fight. Jyasatsuji was thirsty for blood.

“We have company,” Lynx said.

Adam glanced over at her. He watched as she did a back flip from her seat. She landed on her left hand. The palm was on the top of the truck of the car. It supported her weight. In her right hand held her sword. It was unsheathed. Adam could see it reflect in the moonlight. She sprang off the hood sending her self over the cliff falling well over forty feet.

“God dammit Lynx,” Adam cursed her. “Why does she always have to do things like this?” He pushed the car further in speed.

Lynx sailed to the ground. Landing there she made a small crater. She had landed on her left knee with her left arm supporting it. She grunted at the pain. She could feel that all of her bones from the waist down were crushed along with all the bones in left arm to just past her shoulder.

The car that she had landed in front of halted to a top. “What the ****?” The driver exclaimed.

“Now that is just gross,” the person in the back seat said as she stepped out. Her long black mane floated behind her. “I must say though you do have style, Lynx.”

“Heh,” Lynx replied. She stood up. The bones that were crushed had healed. She wasn’t normal. None of them were normal. She flexed her left hand obviously testing it. “I didn’t do it to impress you.”

“I know. I know.” The other girl smiled a devilish smile. She shut the car door. “So why did you come?” She taunted the other woman while bearing her fangs.

Lynx held up her sword. She smiled at the woman an evil smile. “Jyasatsuji wants your blood.”

Ebony nose flared. Lynx’s sword was creepy. She remained calm though. “Do you always listen to what a sword wants?”

“Always.”

“Miss Ebony, we don’t have time,” the driver said.

“Then I’ll get this over with quickly,” she said taking a step forward. “Hand me a sword.”

The driver handed Ebony a sword. She turned around but Lynx had vanished. The next second she moved to block Lynx’s swing from above. She could feel a force pushing against her sword. The force was chi. Lynx’s life force. It was strong. She pushed her own chi against Lynx’s sword.

Lynx sprang off of her not making contact. So Ebony thought. She could feel a trickle of blood on her face. The sword had forced enough chi to make contact. The tip of the sword dripped with blood.

Ebony wiped off her face. Her wound had healed. It wasn’t anyway near as fast as Lynx’s healing ability because she was a werewolf and on top of that a healer. It worked fast enough being that Ebony was a vampire. They were mortal enemies destined to fight whenever they meet.

She heard a car squeal and come to a stop behind Lynx. It was Adam her mate. ‘So, two against one the odds are not looking good,’ she thought. ‘The vampire driver wouldn’t be much help. So then what should I do?’

Her thoughts were interrupted as a howl filled the air. ‘Saved by a howl,’ she thought last “Looks like you are being called.”

“So what,” Lynx said obviously not wanting to leave.

“Lynx we got to go,” Adam incited. He had stayed in the car only standing up in the driver’s seat.

“You really should go. It is important after all,” Ebony said.

“What do you know?” Lynx said. Her eyes become stormy.

“I know plenty. Seeing how we will get it first.”

“Get what exactly first?” Another howl pitched the air. “****!!” Lynx jumped into the air. She did a back flip and landed easily into the passenger seat. Her motion was fluid “This isn’t over yet.”

“Of course it isn’t.”

Adam steered the car. He floored it past her. He then cleared her car.

They were in a hurry and she knew why. Ebony watched them go. She half smiled and started to walk up the road where Adam and Lynx had come from.

“You’re not going to stop them?” The driver called from the car.

“Nope.” She continued on her path. “Plus we also have to get back.”

“Come back and I’ll drive you.”

“How can you?” She said and turned around.

The driver also turned around and looked at the car. “Huh?” He was shocked it was cut in half. “When did this…”

“Lynx did it,” Ebony interrupted him. “Let’s go.” He watched him nod and get out of the car. This vampire was useless. “That is why I didn’t stop them.” She informed him. “With her mate they are almost unstoppable especially with Jyasatsuji.”

“Her sword?”

“Correct. Jyasatsuji is a demon sword. They say it can’t be sheathed unless it has quenched its thirst for blood.” She looked at the man for he had caught up with her. “Pretty much lot’s of it.”

The driver gulped. “Creepy.” They continued on their path up the cliff arriving at the Mansion above.

Lynx pressed her thumb against her sword while Adam steered them fast threw town. Her blood ran along the blade. She finally was able to sheath her sword. “Jyasatsuji is satisfied for now.”

Adam nodded at her. “But are you?”

“Not really.”

All of a sudden Adam whipped the car around. They were still in the middle of town. He steered it away from the direction that they were going it. He drove the way they had come. He stopped the car in the middle of the road.

“What is going on Adam?” They had to get back. Nothing had to have been this important. Lynx looked to where Adam was looking.

It was a girl. She had long black curly hair. In her hand were some bags.

“Who is she, Adam?” Lynx demanded.

“My sister,” he replied getting out of the car.

“What's up?” Zeltra walked into the Hunters hideout. It was an abandon warehouse. She had all her weapons showing. "I am here to talk to the leader. If anyone objects I will sure as hell kill you."

In a cave in one of the Mountain Ranges that surrounded Los Roshano, a beast spoke.

“They have started. It means that the Elixir of Life is here. We will get it before any of the other creatures do.”

2. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Serenity was heading through the town. She didn't know what was calling her but something was and it was so compelling it was enough to make her pack some basic supplies and, she wasn't quite sure why, her medical kit... the big one. She heard a bunch of cars honking behind her and turned to see her brother stopped in the middle of the road holding up traffic. She laughed, a smile coming to her face and ran towards him and flung herself into his arms. She was so happy to see him.

"Where have you been big brother?" Serenity asked tears streaming, "Mom's worse."

3. Basher

"Ah," Adam said. He returned the hug. "Sorry I haven't called." He didn't know what to say. Mom was getting worse plus he couldn't tell his family what he was. Plus his mother was very sick. It would kill her if he let go of all ties like he was supposed too. He walked over to Serenity ignoring the traffic. "Sorry." He grabbed her bag. "Let's go." He led her back to the roadster where he popped the trunk and placed the bag inside.

Lynx stepped out of the car letting the younger girl slide into the middle. She felt Jyasatsuji react in his sheath at her side. She slipped him out only an inch. Running her thumb against the blade it allowed him to taste her blood. She was able to put him back in his sheath. She got in after the girl did.

Adam climbed in not bothering with the door. He swung the car around not caring about the onslaught of cursing and car horns blaring that followed. They now headed in the direction they were pervious going.

“Serenity this is Lynx Barter, my girlfriend. Lynx this is my younger sister Serenity,” Adam said. He floored the car. It returned to their hectic pass.

“Nice to finally meet you,” Lynx said. She gave the girl a friendly smile. She turned away from girl. There was way to much traffic. Something had to be going on. Los Roshano had become a large feeding ground. Something big had to be going down. She turned her attention to a more pressing matter. “Now Adam, what are you going to do about the situation?”

“I don’t know.”

“So we are going back anyway?” They both ignored Serenity now.

“Yes, we need too.” Another howl ripped threw the air. “Quickly.”

“Well you’re going against the rules,” Lynx said.

“I know.”

She thought for a moment. “But you always do that.” She paused now. “I support it.”

Adam turned his head to look at her. He raised an eyebrow as if he wasn’t quite sure. “You do?”

“Yes, I do.” Lynx confirmed it. “I know what is going on with your mother. I am your mate after all.” She paused for a moment. “She could always be kinfolk.”

“Yeah,” Adam returned his attention back to the road where he remained silent. He heard Lynx clear her throat. “Oh?” He blushed. He was still thinking of what to do. They were getting close to their home. Soon they would be leaving the city.

“Serenity there is something I haven’t told you,” Adam finally said. He looked at his little sister. She probably was annoyed by now they were ignoring her. He felt awful for that. There was nothing left to do but tell her the truth. “I am a werewolf.”

4. Athena

Serenity shrugged and said, "Good, you can keep the vampires away." She smiled sweetly at Adam and said, "It seems like we were going towards the same place. I felt compelled to go this way to. Like something was calling me."

She looked al Lynx and smiled and said, "So that means you're a werewolf to right? You called my brother your mate so i assume so. What kind of sword do you have? Can i learn how to use one to? Right now i've been making due with daggers and stakes..... although the stakes don't seem to really kill them... just immobolize them."

She looked back at Adam and said, "Yea, with you being gone i've managed to get myself into a lot of trouble every now and again, I hope you aren't to mad at me."

Then she heard an actual howl and said, "We're close aren't we.... so is there any kind of rules i should know? Like how i should behave or anything?"

5. Basher

Adam looked at his sister. He was a little surprised what she said. He listened to her. She had met vampires before. But where? He wanted to protect his sister but how could he if she was off playing Hunter.

“She isn’t a stupid girl,” Lynx said.

Adam looked at her. He smiled. His sister had always been smart at least in his eyes. It was strange that she could feel being called. He heard about people destined to be kinfolk but never paid attention to the lure. He glanced over at his sister. Could she be?

He shifted the car into a higher gear. They have left town. There weren’t too many cars around at least on the outskirts. Maybe Lynx was right Los Roshano had become a feeding ground. Tourists will be in for a surprise when they find out what is going on here.

Lynx nodded to the girl answering the fact that she also was a werewolf. Adam was in deep thought. He probably was shocked that his sister knew so much. “My sword? I call him, Jyasatsuji. He is a katana. I was told he isn’t very lucky.”

“That’s putting it mildly,” Adam said. He was actually paying attention. “Jyasatsuji likes blood. He can’t be sheathed until his blade had been touched with blood.”

“True….” Lynx responded. “Anyway if you would like there are plenty of people to spare up against where we live. We sort of have a dojo.”

They listened to Serenity talk about vampires. It did feel odd Lynx had to admit. She heard Adam say he wasn’t mad at all more shocked if anything. That was putting it mildly at least Lynx thought so. She knew that he loved his baby sister. He was very protective of her. The howl interrupted Lynx’s thoughts.

“Yeah we are,” she answered Serenity inquire about how far away they were. Maybe she could be kinfolk. Adam would be pleased. “Oh rules? I’ll let you answer this one big brother.”

Adam sighed. The rules of the clan were strict. He couldn’t tell his sister the truth. “Well for starters we have a leader. His name is Marcer Tomaz. He is…”

“Is what?” Lynx gave him a smile.

“Strict. Very strict. He decides what is best for the clan in all situations.” Adam paused for a moment. He was trying to rack his brain. “There is mating. It is more of a pairing like Lynx and I.”

Lynx shot him a dirty look.

“You should know by now she is much more then that.” He stopped again deciding to skip the third rule. “If anyone is turn that is what we call people who are made into werewolves the whole group has to agree to it.”

He stopped there. Lynx looked at him. “You are forgetting rule three.” Adam shoots her a look. Lynx ignored it and turned to Serenity. “By rule three you will be killed.”

6. Athena

"Well, it's to late to turn back now. Perhaps we can convince them that I am no threat but only wish to help. It's strange that I would feel a calling to your clan if it was not meant to be so." Serenity turned thoughtful, then said, "I'm not sure but i think mom felt it to because she was not mad at all when i told her of it, but she said to tell father i was going off to visit family. I feel like I am though."

By this time they were far from the city and the meeting place was just over the horizon.

7. Basher

"We only need to convince one person," Adam said.

"You convinced with me," Lynx said.

"That was..." He thought for a moment. "A miracle. No matter what I'll let nothing happen to you."

"Neither will I Serenity. Marcer really isn't that bad. He does care." She frowned. “Deep down I think.”

Adam watched as the woods came into view. "Time to hide the car and walk a little ways." He pulled the car into one of the hiding spots by thickets. He opened his car door and stepped out.

Lynx followed suit. "It isn't that far. We just need to be safe from out enemies. You will be surprised when you see it. It defiantly isn't normal." She thought for a second. “Is there anything you want to know Serenity?”

8. Athena

"Let's see if i make it alive first." Serenity said with a laugh as she got out of the car.

She was trying to be cool, calm, and collected for her brother. She may be a pain in the ass little sister every now and again but she cared about her brother so much that she'd do anything for him. If she could calm him she would.

Serenity walked next to Lynx and said, "I'd like to get to know you better Lynx, you're a sister to me now."

9. Basher

Lynx smiled at the younger girl. "There isn't much to tell about myself. I disowned my family. We never were much of a family anyway. I was bitten about seven years ago. I don't know by who but it was someone inside the clan." She paused for a moment.

"Adam saved me." She continued on. "He is a good brother. I guess it also helped that I was a healer. A healer has rapid regeneration. It takes me seconds where another werewolf would take..."

"Maybe days or hours depending on the damage," Adam interrupted.

"I learned to heal others along the way." She stopped there.

They had arrived where they needed to be. It looked to be a large slab of concrete with a door. Lynx guessed that it was originally a fallout shelter but who really knew. “It isn’t much but we are home. What do you think so far?”

10. Athena

"I think I have a lot to learn."Serenity answered.
    She looked at the door and after a moment said, "Well it's now or never, let's get this over with."
    Serenity took a deep breath and hesitantly pushed open the door as she closed her eyes. She felt the door swing open and she slipped her hands into lynx's and adam's before she opened her eyes once more.

ooc: where is everyone else?

11. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

There were many people within the Hunters hideout for the moment. With all the howls going on, they could only guess what was happening right now and it was putting them on edge. People were scattered about inside, some on the floor looking over their weapons, others eating what food they had to get some energy. When Zeltra said she wanted to see the leader, they all just laughed even after she said she'd kill them. It was only soft laughs though so as to not attact anyone toward the warehouse and they weren't really in the mood to laugh anyway. At one end of the warehouse, there were seven guards around an enterance of what looked like a space for meetings as it was cut off from everything else. No windows were by it, the space was surrounded by thich sheets of metal as high as a story so that no one could see over it and there was only one enterance, which was the enterance that the guards were at. The guards were well equiped with two swords and guns around their bodies. The guards heard the Zeltra from where they were at and laughed softly as well. All of them carried with them a M16 rifle, Uzi-submachine gun, and two or three Clock 22s. As they stood there for the moment, two of the guards started to walk toward Zeltra. They continued to walk toward her until they stopped about a meter away from her, smiling at her.

"You must not be from around here if you're barking orders like that," said one of the guards that was to the left of Zeltra. "Sorry lady but by Terva Natra's orders, no one can see him during one of his meetings unless its very important. So, unless it can't wait, just sit down somewhere until he's done." The two guards then turned around and started to walk back toward the other guards nearby. Those that were around Zeltra knew well that once Terva gave an order, its followed through no matter what anyone said. They were already disliking Zeltra since she demanded to see Terva during one of his meetings.

12. Basher

Lynx felt the younger girl slip her arm around her arm. She felt a strange urge to protect this girl. She definitely was kinfolk. She remembered reading somewhere about kinfolk but she didn’t remember where. She couldn’t tell lore from fact anymore.

After the door was opened they came upon a set of stairs leading downwards. It was just a single flight. They were cement stairs. There were no railings just the walls for support. A single light hung above.

They stepped down on to the landing. There wasn’t much here either. It was a big cement room with two wooden doors. The same yellow light hung from above. No windows.

Lynx felt her self point to the one across from the landing. “That is where the dorms are among other things.” She was giving a sort of guided tour. “We will be going this way.” She guided them towards the other door on their left.

“They know we are here,” Adam whispered more to himself.

Lynx knew that also. They didn’t need guards. They have acute senses. She could sense he was worried.

Adam opened the door. There they met the rest of the clan. They were all together in twos except for one. He stood on top of platform. The rest lay across the floor, sat on chairs, or whatever they thought was comfortable.

“You’re late,” the man spoke on the made up stage. He had short black hair and stern blue eyes. He wore his typical black clothes. Those around them turned. They could sense Serenity’s presence. “You know what the punishment for being late is,”

“Dishes?” Lynx asked in a mock tone. She dropped Serenity’s arm.

“Let me guess you happened to run into Ebony?” He ignored her mock tone. He could smell Ebony fresh blood.

“Get to the point you want to know who she is,” Lynx gestured to the girl next to her.

“You know better then talk to your leader that way.”

“Shut up. She is our kinfolk.” She whispers from those around her. They were all wondering what she had earlier.

“What is your name?” He addressed Serenity. “My name is Marcer Tomaz. I am the leader.”

Adam looked at him. Marcer was being unusually nice. Something strange was going on. He would have normally attacked Serenity from the second she stepped into the room.

Zeltra gave off a light smile. “Honestly amateurs.” She sighed. “You should have first thought how did you get in here?”

The realization dawned on the guards. There were several guards posted outside. They looked at each other. Not finding answers or knowing what to do.

“Heh.” She found these guards somewhat funny. She had to go on what they would do next. “Then you should be 'look who are you?'” Not bothering to take in what the guards’ response was. “Maybe thinking about your comrades as in are they okay? Feeling a little itchy on your triggers now wondering wither or not to fire then ask questions later.”

They guards looked at each other again. She knew their code. Most hunters did. Was she a hunter or not?

“Now you are thinking am I a hunter, a vampire, or a werewolf.”

They gazed at her.

“I don’t read minds. I don’t need too. It’s the typical response when I barge into a hunter’s hideout demanding things.” She flipped her trench coat back on her shoulders hiding her weapons. “If you were wondering about your comrades they are fine. I just knocked them out.” She could tell they were slightly relieved. But still felt a little off. They didn’t like her. She didn’t care. “Let’s try this again. Take me to your leader. You do want to know what is going outside don’t you?"

OOC- I forgot to say that I did change my first post with the hunters. Next one the vampires will be played out more.

13. Lance Leingod

The two guards had turned around and looked at her. They first thought she was someone new that was let in after she went through the simple process of being check if she was either a vampire, or werewolf. They never thought a simple lady could beat their guards outside since there were many outside. They narrowed there eyes at her, begining to raise their M16s until she started off about knowing something about the outside. They stopped, the nose of their guns pointing straight at Zeltra's chest as they stood there. If she had information about the outside and she came in here willingly, why not let her see Terva but just don't allow her to get too close. They slowly lowered their rifles as they stared at Zeltra. "Fine then, but your weapons stay here. All of your weapons," said the guard as he stood there. If she didn't allow them to keep her weapons for now, they would not allow her passed the enterance to the room Terva was in.

(Okay)

14. Basher

“I usually don’t show my toys until after the first date,” Zeltra said while she smiled devilishly. Her face changed to serious. “Understood.” There was a table only a few feet away. She walked there. “I’ll use this.” She bent down placing her hand by her ankles. Her trench coat had barely skimmed the ground before. It now touched the ground heavily. She pulled out two hand guns there. She took out the clips on both of them. She laid it on the table while she still kneeled. She moved up her leg stretching each one. She took out two hand guns on each one.

Zeltra popped off the clips on them. She stood up after placing them on the table. There she took out three Uzi-pistols removing the clips from each. She noticed as one of the hunters raised an eyebrow.

“Oh there is more,” she said. She pulled out all her semiautomatic riffles. She cocked each gun uo make the loaded bullets fall to the ground. She pulled out her katana next. It was actually called an o-dachi. It was about 32 inches in length. It was also well made and had very fine detail. She also stuck a few daggers into the table.

Zeltra took a step away from the table. She held one of her fingers up to symbolize to wait. She allowed her trench coat to fall off her shoulders. It revealed several wounds on her back that her shirt didn’t hide. She slipped it off. She held it up. Inside were numerous grenades along with clips for the guns she carried. She placed it down gently on the table.

Another member of the hunters’ mouth dropped in surprise at what she carried. “What? This is a war you know.” After her trench coat was off it revealed a shoulder pouch that contained another Uzi-pistol with two clips. “Oh, yeah.” She took off the whole pouch and placed it on the table.

“Ready,” she told the guards that told her to remove her weapons. She moved over to them. She raised her hands up just for the sport of it.

Ebony and the vampire driver arrived at the gate. They easily passed the guards there. The mansion is heavily guarded with over twenty vampires holding Uzi-submachine guns. The mansion was large. It looked to be single homes that were all connected. It sat upon a cliff over looking Los Roshano.

Ebony found out there was so many rooms that it was easily to get lost. There were also secrets that she knew of. One was how they quickly got to the top. It was layered with secret passage ways. She wouldn’t have been surprised even if the architect didn’t know them all.

They walked up the cobble path and into the mansion. There they entered a grand entrance. It had two grand staircases that curved to the second floor. It was exquisitily done in such great taste. But now the whole grand entrance was littered with Vampires. All of them turned to stare at the two who entered.

“You are late,” one came up. He took her coat. “What’s the news?”

Ebony said nothing. She walked up the stairs. The vampires stepped away as she walked. They eyes still on her. The driver didn't follow. “It’s here.” She said. She hit the second landing continuing to where she needed to go.

She could hear the younger vampires whisper about what the next move would be until she was out of ear shot. A good portion of them were just there because some of the vampires liked turning humans. The mansion, even how as grand as it is, was getting too crowded for her taste. It was probably about time to bring that up. All the higher ups would be here for this meeting.

She arrived at the top floor. She was easily escorted in. She sat down in the only available leather office chair. It was amazingly comfortable.

They all looked at her expecting her to say something. But she didn’t. Finally one gave up and spoke. “So…What is the news Ebony?” He spoke cautiously trying not to anger her. She had a temper unlike any other.

She rotated in her chair to look at him. He was balding. She looked at her nails and propped one of her legs up against the arm rest. “It is here,” she replied all so casually.

“By god woman why didn’t you say so?” Another higher up said.

Ebony placed her foot down. She leaned forward looking at the man. “Because it is guarded so heavily that it makes Fort Knox look like a simple high school.” She paused for a moment. “We got it here but none of us imagined how well the humans would protect it.”

“They know about the special powers of the Elixir of Life?”

“Don’t be absurd.” She sat back in her chair. “All they know is the legend. It would make enough for any greedy person to come here and get it.” She smiled an evil smile. “Humans have already started flocking here. Unfortunately for them they don’t know that they have become lambs to a slaughter house.”

She could feel all eyes on her. She turned to Haven. “So are the plans ready to dismantle the only easily way into Los Roshano?” He knew that he could plan it out better then most of them in the room could. He was a planer unlike her.

OOC- Okay Los Roshano is in a valley of sorts and also a large college town. At night it is a ghost town due to the creatures that are there. Around Los Roshano is a forest denser on all sides but one. That one side leads up to the mountains that surround it. It is the only way into Los Roshano that won’t take weeks. There are also cliffs before the mountains but after the forest except for that one side.

15. Athena

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Marcer Tomaz. I am Serenity, Adam's younger sister. I have heard that you are good and fair leader and i hope that i can be of service to you and your people." Serenity said, her voice calm.

Inside Serenity was shaking and hoping he wasn't toying with her. She could bear the decision if she had to but if it was to come she wanted to get it over with so that her brother would not have to suffer more than he had to... she already feared that her coming to them would have upset them. Then she decided to speak on, to try to ensure that they wouldn't get introuble and added, "To be completely honest to you sir. I was on my way here even though i did not know that this was here. I felt a calling to come and my mother bade me to do so but not to tell my father. It is not Adam's and Lynx's fault that I am here, i would have come anyways."

16. Lance Leingod

The guards smiled a bit as they turned around and started leading her toward the back where Terva was. "I have to say, she's very prepared for this way," whispered one of the guards to the other so that Zeltra couldn't hear it so good, or maybe even not at all.

"Yeah. If she means what she says, she could really be of some help if she can fire those guns well," said the other guard in a whisper too. After a few moments, they were passing the other five guards and going through the door to the room beyond where the meeting was being held. Although, they found themselves in a small tight box like room before the meeting room. Once both doors were shut for either side, one of the guards nocked on the door gently.

"Yes?" said the voice of a man inside.

"A women that claims she knows about outside activites wishes to speak to Terva," said the guard calmly.

"Enter," said the voice of a different man this time, his voice deep and command like. The guards then opened the door and went in after Zeltra. The room was kind of dark but with only a few lamps lit up as well as some flash lights too. Eight men were in the room, seven in chairs, another in the far back on a raised plateform that was level with a table in front of him. The table had dozens of maps on them, different routes and locations of scouts and possible vampire or werewolf locations. Since the Gargoyles were beyond in the mountains and vallys, passed the forests and stuff, they weren't much of a worry at the moment unless they suddenly appeared. Until then, the vampires and werewolves were their main worry. There were eight men but only seven took seats, allowing another to be at one end of the table, opposite the man on the plateform. The man on the plateform was cross legged as he wore a black scarf around both eyes, and had long white hair that went down his back. He also wore a black shirt with a small red Japanese symbol for evil on his chest and another near his right shoulder and he wore black pants that have a stripped white line going down the side of his both legs. On his back was a katana, the strap around around his chest over his left shoulder so it appeared that he was left handed. The man was looking down at that maps, his hands in front of his crossed over each other. The other seven men were ranging from ages that were very young to that of the very old and the nearest one, a very old man, nodded to the guards for them to leave. The man motioned to the seat in front of Zeltra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Haven, seating about opposite of Ebony, smiled in such a way that his fangs showed and it looked scary to anyone that wasn't use to seeing fangs. He was looking at Ebony, his katana held in his left hand as the end of the sheath opposite the guard of the sword rested on the chair next to his left leg. "Yes," he said to her, nodding to her a little. "They've been ready for some time now. The only thing that is needed is for the order to be given. I've also set up two back-up plans in case the first plan somehow doesn't go as plan. And if the first back-up plan doesn't work like the orginal, rest easy to know that the second won't fail." Haven was always ready for anything that could go wrong with any plans that were made and could make many back-ups at will. He looked about the room and saw that many of them were happy about knowing of his plans, since his most of the time worked, unlike others.

17. Basher

“So you heard the calling…” It wasn’t really a question Marcer said.

Lynx watched the man carefully. He was up to something she could feel it. She could also feel Adam’s tenseness. He felt it too.

Marcer quickly plunged at Serenity only the eyes of the werewolf could follow. The moment he moved Lynx acted she brought up Jyasatsuji blocking his assault. The swords clashed.

Marcer gave Lynx an evil smile. Hearing a small click he turned his head. Adam had his gun it pointed straight at his head.

The audience in the room that had watched in silent stood up. They were ready to act on the command of their leader. Lynx and Adam knew they were greatly out numbered but they didn’t care. They still held their ground.

“You’re really willing to fight me?” Marcer asked mockingly. He knew that they knew their predicament with the little chance of survival.

“To the death,” Lynx said her voice displaying her confidence.

“You will die.”

“So be it,” Adam said.

Marcer lightly chuckled. He drew back his katana. “We will deal with this later.” Adam and Lynx lowered their weapons. “Expect a punishment. Maybe…” He paused for a moment. “A hand?”

Lynx gave off a half smile. She brought out her left hand and trusted Jyasatsuji blade into it. Her action displayed her loyalty still to the clan while her blood dripped from her wound onto the carpet. She removed the blade revealing a large wound over half way threw. The wound started to glow. A warming sensation filled Lynx’s body. In seconds the wound healed.

“Heh,” Marcer half laughed showing off his slight amusement. He walked away returning to his previous position. Those in the room resettled. Lynx sheathed her katana.

“Now since we are all finally here. Dear Serenity, tell us what you know about the Elixir of Life.”

Zeltra followed the men inside. They finally reached what they had called the meeting place. She glanced around the room taking it all in before she sat down. They seamed more collected then any of the Hunter’s hideouts that she had been too. Noticing the maps on the table that displayed the possibly places to where the werewolves and vampires lived. It was impressive to say the least.

Zeltra had learned a lot in the years she had lived as a hunter. She never was associated with any group of Hunter’s for long though. She followed the hunt. Whenever she came to a place that had Hunter’s she always introduced herself. It was a lot easier to deal with.

She had done her homework on the leader, the town, and what brought her here. Terva Natra was a mystery man known by many of the hunters. There were talks about his kills.

Zeltra Bones also had quite a repetition not just for her kills. Well over half the hunters had no clue what she looked like. Most of them were shocked when she showed up. She was one of the true Nomadic Hunters still left.

“Now,” she said after a few seconds of silence. “What would you like to know first? My name? Or what is going on outside?”

Ebony smiled. Haven wouldn’t disappoint anyone. “Now it is just a consideration of when we act.”

“What are the elements exactly?” Another vampire asked.

“The Elixir of Life will be on display starting tomorrow at Los Roshano Museum. It is high tech security. Museum Security Wireless transmitters that sense vibration that is attached to the piece. An alarm will generate immediately if moved even a millimeter. Hidden trigger lasers, temperature adjustment alarms, and anything else silly humans can think of. You name it. It has it.” She paused for a moment allowing them to take it all in.

“Now we have the blue prints for the Museum but they don’t show the lasers placement. My understanding is we won’t be able to know until tomorrow.”

“Will it be a problem?” The same vampire asked.

“No. Many of the other security measures will be though.” Ebony got up and went to the liquor cabinet. She pulled out a wine bottle filled with deep dark liquid. She read the label. AB blood it was her favorite. She poured herself a glass. Walking back to her seat she took a drink of the cold liquid. It tasted better warm and fresh.

“We should be able to overcome it with our abilities and experiences. Now the question is how we should take it. Haven any thoughts?”

18. Athena

When Marcer had started to lunge at her she had started to take a step back at the same time Lynx protectected her. Just as Adam had instinctively pulled out his gun Serenity had reached for one of her concealed daggers but then noticed that everything seemed to be calming down. Then Marcer walked back to where he had originally been and spoke.

Serenity nodded and said, "Their are many stories, many different legends about the Elixir of Life. But, all of them have the same basics. The Elixir is said to make one immortal. To increase one's lifespan. It is also said to be dangerous in the wrong hands, why i do not know."

19. Lance Leingod

A few of the men by this time looked at each other as they whispered slightly as if her question provoked something. "Silence," said Terva, his voice deep and command like, the same voice that told Zeltra to enter like before. The meeting place went silent almost instantly as they looked over at Terva. He didn't move his head, his hands, his legs, or anything of his body. He only spoke. "Both," he said, answering Zeltra's question as if he didn't say anything else before then. All the men turned their heads toward Zeltra, waiting for her to speak.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Actually, yes," he said to Ebony, answering her question before speaking again. "As you said, most of the high tech security will not be a problem but there are other things that are more annoying than they are worth. The transmitters that sense vibration will have to be removed or shut down before we can move the Elixir of Life. Two possible choices we can make is to either deactivate the transmitters from the inside with equipment or shut down the power to the transmitters. Although, there is more than likly that there will be back-up generator or two for more power so both would need to be turned off." Haven sighed a little bit before going on. "The next problem is the temperature adjustment alarms. We can not adjust our temperature so easily so we will also need the equipment for that to adjust how own temperature. And knowing the temperature of what it will be for the inside as well as out will be needed. Anther rather annoying problem will be the lasers. Set off one of those and don't expect to be alive in the next five seconds. The placement of where they are at is important but we will have little time to look over the placement well before the misson to get the Elixir so for the person going to tell them about the mission will need to remind them to be extra careful when in the Los Roshano Museum. The layout of the Museum will be the next problem. Once the Elixir is in hand, a way out is needed so a plan of how to get them in and out in the quickest and most effective time will be needed. Now the last problem will not be under my control however. Since we won't be the only ones getting the Elixir tomorrow, they will need to be able to defend themselves in that place if needed. And if I'm right, there's most likly going to be sound alarms that go off at the simplest of sounds so let's hope that a fight doesn't break out."

20. Basher

“Correct,” Marcer said. If Serenity wasn’t kinfolk she would make a great werewolf. She was cunning. She could hold her own. He noticed that she instinctually pulled out a dagger. Another good point was that she wasn’t anywhere near as hot headed as Lynx as far as he could tell right now. She would probably protect those she carried about to the death. She had a lot better qualities then Lynx.

He didn’t purposely want to put Lynx down but she didn’t follow orders to well. She purposely let a member with a major wound for hours alone just because he annoyed her. She is a healer for the clan. It was her duty to help the clan. She is nothing like there last healer. Marcer felt a tug at his heart as he thought about the last healer. He realized he had to return to the conversation.

“It is believed that the Elixir of Life comes from the Fountain of Youth restoring youth so in a sense immortal,” Marcer said without displaying any pervious emotion. He was tuff that was for sure.

“To be honest we don’t know if it will make humans immortally. We do know that it will effect our others advisories.” He paused for a moment allowing the information to seep in. “Vampires will walk in the day. Gargoyles will no longer become stone. Finally we will not be committed to always changing on the full moon.”

He looked around the room. Whenever he spoke to them, they all listened. They never asked questions until he allowed them to. It was a sign of respect.

“Of course we got the worst deal. We can change anytime. It isn’t too big of a deal to change on a full moon. We want the Elixir of Life so our enemies don’t gain a step in this war.”

He paused this time for longer. There was much to explain for obtaining the Elixir of Life. There was also much they didn’t know.

“It will be displayed tomorrow at the Los Roshano Museum. It has high security. We have a better chance of obtaining it if we get it first. We will break into groups to obtain what we need.”

He gave out the assignments. Lynx, Adam, and Serenity’s assignment is to obtain the layout of the museum along with what exactly were the security measures.

“Ready to go?” Adam asked the girls. Lynx nodded they both looked at Serenity. For now Marcer had accepted her. For that they can be thankful.

Zeltra leaned back in her chair. He was acting superior to her. “My name is Zeltra Bones. The reason why everything is going crazy is because of the Elixir of Life.” Not bothering on letting anyone question what she said she continued. “Humans don’t know the full potential of the liquid. Elixir of Life is much more then it is presumed. If drank humans will have supernatural powers. Vampires could defeat the sun. Werewolves will no longer be bound by the full moon. Gargoyles won’t ever be constructed in stone.” She stopped there allowing the boss to ask anymore questions.

Ebony smiled. Haven was always on the ball. He had a plan ready. “We will need a lot then one night to get it all here. We need more information. The little I got wasn’t enough. It may be hard to obtain but we need it. We should be able to get some of the information from City Hall along with the Museums Curators office.” She sighed and took a drink. “Which means more leg work. I for one will go. Haven will you join me?