RPG Archives Superior Species- The Elixir of Life Saga: In Game Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Basher, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Lynx listened to what the younger girl said about Vampires. Hunters couldn’t really tell that they were around. So that is what separates Kinfolk from a Hunter. ‘It’s going to be interesting to find out what else,’ she thought.

“Don’t get hurt,” Adam said. Lynx turned to look at him. “Either of you.”

Lynx gave out a half laugh. “Hey little sister ready to see me in action? Do you want to see what a real healer can do?” She pulled out her sword.

“Leading eh? Hmmm…” Ebony said as if she tried to decide something. Did it matter who led? “Well, I’ll let you lead if and only if you fight Lynx.” It would be interesting for the most part. She always jumped at a chance to fight the healer. But this time she wanted to see what Haven could do.

She knew that Lynx and her mate were a few of the werewolves near by. There were humans also plenty of humans for a feast.

“This time let’s make sure we go back with more free beds,” Ebony said. She reached into the trunk and pulled out a few guns. She also grabbed out a sword.

“Leaving your men to you…” Zeltra said. She wasn’t sure if that could be possible. She would kill anyone if they got in her way. “Okay…” She finally said. She would have to agree. But if he couldn’t handle it she would handle. Something inside her knew that he could handle it. She glanced down at the map he was looking at.

Something she had forgotten to say came to her. “You know the traffic is a lot heavy here or at least now it is. How is the hunting?” She talking about those patrolling the city.

2. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Sereinty smiled, "I look forward to learning from you."

She smiled sweetly at adam and said, "Don't worry i know how to throw these from a range."

She looked down at the bag at her side, her medical supplies were in it. She made sure it was secured before she grinned at Lynx and stepped out of the cellar with her. She twisted around and sent one of her daggers into the nearest vampire and said, "I'll stick with you sis."

3. Basher

Lynx watched as a vampire dodged the dagger. "Okay," Lynx said. She stepped out and in front of Serenity. "There are seventeen vampires. Two are ancient. Leave those to us."

The vampire didn't stay still though. It moved towards them. "Idiot," Lynx said. As the vampire attacked she thrusted the blade towards the creature. She sliced it in half. The creature started to crumble then become liquid fire before it completily disappeared.

"Correction," Adam said stepping out. "Sixteen left." He looked at his younger sister and smiled. "We need to make sure this information gets back at all costs. Can you protect it?"

4. Athena

Serenity nodded as she slipped the documents into her bag. She thought for a moment and said, "I'll run the documents to the others and bring back up back. Cover my back... I should be able to make it."

She turned and retrieved her dodged dagger and continued to run, she took out one vampire in the process as she began to run in the direction the others in the clan were. She wasn't sure why but she could sense them strongly now. Serenity continued on and out of the courner of her eye she saw Ebony.

"Oh my God!" Serenity thought, "I have to get this info the clan and get back up!"

Serenity started running faster, apologizing to the people she bumped as she went. She was close to the clan.. they were sitting at an open cafe about a block and a half away and they had their backs to her but she knew they were them.

5. Basher

"Serenity wait," Lynx called. She had lost the younger girl in the crowd. "Dammit." She blushed realizing she could easily trail her.

Adam had chased after both of them. He wondered why woman never looked before they leaped. Maybe it was just Serenity and Lynx that did it. He knew Lynx did it because she could. He knew she liked to test her ability. Who wouldn't want to not be afraid of getting hurt?

Lynx had finally caught up with the younger girl. "Slow down little lady. You will stand out that way," Lynx said to the girl. She looked at Serenity for a second realizing she was going the right way. There was two clan members not far away. "Can you sense them?"

6. Athena

Serenity nodded and said, "Yes. Am I not suppose to?"

That had phased Serenity for a moment but after a second she shook herself out of it and whispered, "I'm sorry... i just wanted to make sure i got to them as fast as possible. If anyone asked me why I was in such a hurry I would have said I was running late to meet up with someone."

Serenity looked ahead, the two clan members were just ahead. She grinned at Lynx and said, "Time to complete the mission... where's Adam?"

7. Basher

Lynx shook her head. "Um I don't know if you are supposed to know or not. This whole Kinfolk is a new thing..." Her voice trailed off. She saw them. All of them. The vampires were coming. Wither they would have to fight them or not was yet to be decided. But they had guns. She growled like a wolf. Shaking her head she looked at the younger girl. "It is new for all of us."

"Time to complete the mission... where's Adam?"

"Ohhh..." Lynx nostril flared. She smelled the air. “He is near by. He is keeping an eye on the vampires. He will be seen when the time comes.” She moved forward. “Let’s go. You can deliver it. We might get more orders there after.”

8. Athena

Serenity nodded and went ahead. She smiled at one of the clan members and leaned against the table casually. She pulled out the documents and whispered, "Do we have further orders? If not they're are vamps coming from behind as we speak."

She paused as she looked back at Lynx, then turned back to them and smiled, waiting patiently.

9. Basher

"You have accomplished your mission rather quickly," said the female werewolf. She had strawberry blonde hair. Her eyes were green. She wore a coat that matched her eyes.

"Just take the papers and skip the formalities for now," replied her mate. He had dark brown hair kept slightly longer then Adam’s. His hair was also spiky and not as neat as Adam’s. His eyes were hazel and around the pupils there was a touch of green. He had a strong jaw. Even though he was wearing a coat there was hint of him being muscular.

The female reached over and took the documents. She placed them inside her jacket and zipped it up. "Your next orders are to keep an eye on the vampires. Marcer would like to know what they are up too if possible.” She looked over at Lynx. “Which means don't kill them all."

"To bad," Lynx replied. “I plan on killing them all.”

"You can’t. Marcer will get angry."

"I don't care,” she scuffed. “It will make it harder for them to obtain the information."

"Maybe he wants them too," said the male werewolf. He smiled at Lynx. “You are never patient are you?”

Lynx raised her eyebrow. She wondered what he meant by that. “What do you mean?”

The male stood up. He tapped his finger against Lynx’s nose. “Lynx patience is a virtue.”

“Cut the crap Mik.” She rubbed the tip of her nose as if to wipe away his touch.

“Come on Lynx. Just because you have no fear of death doesn’t mean you should look before you leap.”

Lynx growled. Mik had always been annoying even when he trained her so many years ago. He also loved to crack jokes. But this time he was serious. She had to listen to what he was saying. ‘Patience is a virtue,’ she thought. ‘Maybe stay calm? Look before you leap then. I wonder. Maybe wait? Urge. Stay calm and wait give me a break.’

“Got it then?” His mate and he started to walk away.

“Shut up. Get back to being a jokester already. You are to annoying with your analogy crap.”

He winked at her before he disappeared into the night. Lynx starred off after them. ‘What could Marcer be planning?’ She thought.

“So Serenity," she eyed the younger girl. "Should we see what you can do?”

10. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Terva moved his head back as if to look up, but then again, he couldn't look since he was blind as he moved his head back down, his face staring at Zeltra's. "The hunting is not going that well since we've not had any leads on any of the races for a few days now," said Terva, a look of gloom on his face for a moment but then he smiled at her, as if suddenly happy about something. "Although, thanks to you, we now have a lead that can be used against them." Terva bowed his head slightly toward Zeltra. "Thank you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven nodded, looking over at the werewolves some ways away. "If they were smart, when they looked at us, they should have tried to kill us," said Haven, smiling a devilish smile as his fangs shined in the light of the street lamps. Suddenly, as he stepped forward, Haven disappeared with the wind. Haven had watched them for some time now, seeing where they had put the documents they had with the young woman with the green jacket. And never be out in the open when you can help it.

11. Athena

Serenity nodded thoughtfully. They wanted her, Adam, and Lynx to remain to take care of the vampires. Two werewolves and their kinfolk would not be a match for them and she had seen Ebony on her way to these to clanmates.

"I'll do my best Lynx." Serenity said, then she said, knowing that the two ahead could hear her, "Although it would be best if Marcer could send backup just in case. That witch Ebony is here and she's a handfull."

With that said, Serenity turned and started walking back, at an easy pace, she would observe as much as possible and maybe locate a couple of the scouts as she walked... possibly luring one or two of them away and immobolizing them until they could bring them to Marcer. She nearly stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Ebony only a few yards away...

"Lynx is with me and adam is nearby. We'll be okay." Serenity thought.

She instinctively touched her scar as her eyes and Ebony's locked. Instinctively Serenity stepped a couple steps back and was next to Lynx. Serenity shuddered as she thought, "There's no way Ebony is here if all they needed was information. The vampires must already have the info we gathered."

12. Basher

Zeltra smirked. "No thank you is required. We all have a common enemy. It is our duty as Hunters to share it. Our code." She paused for a moment. "Can I have my babies back? I don't feel normal with out them. Hunting of course normal." She was talking about her weapons.

Ebony hung back for a second. She wanted to see Haven fight a healer. She looked at the few vampires that were still around. “You four get the information from the room. The rest feast.” She barked at them. She turned back around.

“Why not the werewolves?”

Ebony bared her fangs. She was annoyed that they question her. Once she got the information she was going slay them herself. “You are all one hundred years to young before you can even think about taking on a werewolf with their mate.”

She felt them disappear. She also disappeared with the wind. When she reappeared she was coming down upon Serenity with her sword.

“Don’t under estimate the vampires. Or even over estimate them,” Lynx said to Serenity. She paused for a moment. “You will now leave your past life as a human behind hence forth. You will start to think and act upon beast instincts.” Lynx felt something strange. There was a change in the air. She smelt it too. She smiled gripping her handle on her sword waiting to pull it out.

Lynx pulled out her sword in an instant blocking the attack from Ebony. She felt a powerful force behind it. She had a small cut on her forehead. A drop of blood formed on her forehead. The wound sucked it back in as it healed.

“Stupid *****,” Lynx spat. “Attacking in the humans’ presence they are going to notice.” She thrust her own power at Ebony. Ebony jumped back.

“Heh,” She half laughed. “Do you really think that matters?”

Humans scream filled the air. They were attacking the crowd. Lynx sniffed the air. Five of them were. She growled. Ebony and vampires alike were always despicable. They didn’t care for any life. “Are you okay?” She said to Serenity.

“Training?” Ebony taunted. “A human?” She smiled an evil smile. “My prey.”

“It’s none of your business. And that will never happen,” she growled at the girl.

“I am surprised Marcer allows its. But you never listen to him do you?”

Lynx brought up her sword making the blade hide her face a little. She pulled it down the next second. A powerful wave came forth from the blade. It pierced the air sailing towards Ebony. Ebony easily dodged it and laughed. The building behind her cut in half and crumbled. “SHUT UP. You know nothing of Marcer.”

“Temper, temper,” Ebony said. Angry eyes glared at her. “Your dance partner isn’t me tonight. I just wanted to pay you back for earlier.” She touched her face where Lynx had first hit her. It had long disappeared though. With that she vanished into the night.

“How are you?” Lynx turned to Serenity knowing the girl probably had some type of injury.

13. Athena

Serenity had fallen back from the force. The force of the wind had brought down some minor scratches and a couple of slight cuts. She sat up and felt a searing pain in her side but she ignored it. She glared at Ebony and said, "I'm not just human."

Serenity stood and went to throw her daggers when Ebony vanished she walked over to Lynx as she asked if she was alright and Serenity nodded. She would see to herself later.

"Let's take care of this." Serenity whispered.

14. Lance Leingod

An easy target. The sound of the air spilting from a passing sword hit the ears of everyone around them as Haven swung his sword at Serenity's neck from behind her.

(Sorry that I haven't posted sooner and sorry for it being short)

15. Athena

Serenity turned around instinctively bringing up her dagger to defend herself. She glared at this vampire, she knew nothing about him nor of his abilities.

<Lynx told me not to over or under estimate them... so i guess it's time i let instinct take over, not hesitation.> Serenity thought.

16. Basher

Lynx was about to react but she felt that there was no need too. She took a step forward with her sword drawn after Serenity blocked the attack. With one hand she lightly moved Serenity back and away from the attacker. She placed herself in between them. Before she moved Serenity away she healed the wounds the young girl had gotten from Ebony. Warmth should have passed over the young girls wounds. The ones that had broken the surface of her skin glowed before they healed over in seconds.

"That is the last strike you will ever make against her," Lynx proclaimed. The next second she thrust her own sword towards Serenity’s attacker at an amazing speed.

Ebony brought her sword down on Adam. Adam blocked the sword attack with his own sword. Screams from the people in line being attacked flooded his ears. He was a werewolf long enough to filter out the background noise.

Adam brought out his gun. He pointed it towards the sky and pressed the trigger on the glock. The bullet pierced the air soaring towards a vampire that attacked. The bullet shattered the vampire’s heart destroying the creature.

17. Lance Leingod

"Oh, I disagree," mocked Haven as the thrust came, going through the front of his chest like cloth. Although no blood was coming from the wound and the sword would seem like it could pass through his flesh like going through the air. "Oh and thanks for attacking," said Haven as his body slowly disappeared into black smoke. Four Haven appeared around Lynx, their swords out as three more appeared around Serenity. The one behind her grabbed her by her arms and forced them behind her, bringing his sword up against her neck. "Well now. Isn't she pretty. If you are now trying to get your kin to help you, you must be getting desperate," said the Haven that held Serenity, a laugh coming from his mouth as he opened his mouth, his fangs growing longer. "Let's see how much you want this girl, Lynx." All four of the Havens that were around Lynx thrusted their swords forward toward Lynx at the same amazing speed Lynx had not long before.

18. Athena

Serenity acted on instinct and thrust her head backwards and the blade knicked her neck but the knick was worth it when she felt her head connect with his nose. She somehow managed to slip out as she tucked and rolled away a few feet coming up with daggers which she sent flying towards the hearts of two of the Havens as she said, "I will not be as easy as that to get ahold of! I will not be the weak link!"

19. Basher

‘No,’ screamed Lynx inside her mind. Terror for the safety of her kinfolk overwhelmed her senses. She tried to move in order to help Serenity but her body wouldn’t move. She was stuck there as if frozen in fear. ‘Why can’t I move?’ She thought angrily.

Out of the corner of her eye she was able to see Serenity slip away from the ancients grasp. The terror inside her subsided. She still had much to learn being a werewolf. But she was a quick learner.

“I am sorry, Serenity,” Lynx apologized to the younger girl. She hadn’t trusted the girl enough to fight on her own.

Lynx held out her sword Jyasatsuji as the Havens came at her. She was able to move again. She let go of her sword. It hung a foot off the ground.

‘If you want blood,’ she thought. ‘Get it yourself.’

Jyasatsuji reacted as if it heard her thoughts. The sword throbbed visibly. Its three foot blade duplicated. There were now eight swords. All but one moved at the ancients. Four of the swords blocked the attacks around Lynx easily.

The metal on metal clang filled Lynx’s ear. Then the swords moved back and attacked again. Three out of the four remaining swords flew towards the other three Haven’s. Attacking at an incredible speed.

20. Lance Leingod

The swords passed through all the Havens like cutting through the air, disappearing quickly in black smoke that appeared where they were. "Is this all you are?" The real Haven stood behind Lynx, back to back as the tip of his sword was pressed against Lynx's flesh through the shirt, up against her spine. "I know you can do better than this. Is it your kin that you don't wish to hurt while fighting at full strenght..." Haven smiled, his vampire teeth showing. "Or is it that if you do fight at full strenght, she won't be the only person you might hurt that's your friend?" Haven watched as her swords hung there for a moment by using his vampire senses to sense out not only the swords, by also the bloodlust of the swords. It had been a while since he had fought against such a sword. If she wouldn't fight, the sword will. "And tell me this. Is it really you that fights enough that can give Ebony a hard time...or is it that sword that fights for you, Lynx?" By now, she would know he's a friend of Ebony. If she knows who he is, Haven didn't care if she did. What Haven found amusing though is that she was only bitten seven years ago if he got his information correctly. <Seven years...pathetic.>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Terva laughed slightly, a smile coming to his face as he was amused and yet happy at the same time. Yet, a hint of saddness was hidden in that smile, so far down that you almost couldn't see it. "Sure, just tell them the word "Levthain" and they'll give you back your weapons. If they don't, just tell me," he said to her as he seemed to look from her to the side. He was blind but acted like he was looking around. Was this some kind of game he played, wanting to make some people tense by making them think he could look at him or was there something else up with him. What ever it was, Terva seemed to look back over at Zeltra, as if waiting to see if she would do something.